Do people stare at you a lot?

When I go to public places or walk on the street, people stare at me a lot, and sometimes girls whistle at me, and there was this little girl who kept smiling at me for a long time , and that makes me sometimes very awkward and uncomfortable cuz I'm antisocial and stuff, how to ignore that?

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG YES! but not the creepy kind, the kind that makes me feel like I've got something on my shirt, or my face is just weird to people I don't know man.

What Girls Said 21

• Nope! I am invisible!

• Well, if that's actually your face in yr profile picture, then, you look like Anthony Kiedis at his absolute best. Sooooo that would definitely not be a bad thing, let's just say.

As far as "how to ignore" -- Have you ever been really, really sleep-deprived?
    If so, think about how you just kind of walk through the world in a trance-like state. Yr awareness of what's directly in front of you, and of where you're directly going and what you need to do, is mostly unchanged -- but yr awareness of random things in yr peripheral surroundings is mostly just obliterated.
    Know what I'm talking about?
    That might be the kind of thing you need to go for.
    I mean... one way to get there would be through sleep deprivation, of course. LOL
    But there are other ways, too. Do you use stimulants (caffeine, ADHD meds, etc) habitually? If so, then, those meds tend to heighten yr awareness of yr peripheral surroundings. If you go off of them -- at least whenever yr going to be out in public -- you'll find that this kind of awareness will decrease markedly.
    If you drink, then, a drink or two will have the same effect. I hate marijuana, but, if you smoke it, it might have the same effect as well. Other "downers", same deal.

__

Me, dude, I can't go anywhere without attracting the stares of all and sundry, but that's mostly just because of my height. (I'm 6'2" barefoot, and I wear heels pretty much everywhere except the gym.) But... yeah, well, I'm kind of an attention whore anyway, so, that all works out for the best. LOL

• Yeah it happens to me a lot lol, you're just experiencing what women experience on a daily basis as well.
    For me probably half of the stares I get is because my hair is big.
    But I can't rlly explain to you how to ignore the stares, you either ignore them... or you don't... you just look straight ahead and you keep walking haha

• Yup! and triple yup. Got no clue why and don't want to find out why. They probably see something intriguing about you or think you're handsome. Could be a shit load of thing tbh. But I think cuz it's because you're good looking. Just smile i guess. It works for me.

• Yup and it makes me uncomfortably... NERVOUS😨😢 Say or do something, dont just stare me down creeper lol. I look away the entire trip, I don't know what to do lol. Sometimes I wave ☺

• Well, they do stare at me, not A LOT but they still do most if the times. I really get uncomfortable, so what I do, is avoid looking around and just look at the street in front of me and if any guy makes any noises I act as if I didn't hear anything, I dont even start looking around so that he would think I didn't hear him.
    so yeah, just don't pay much attention to them.

• Yes, because I'm so ugly I make Susan Boyle look like a supermodel

• Depends on where I am. I'm quite the social being and I'm the center of attention a lot of times. So, people stare. I don't mind it though.

• Yeah aha it makes me feel really self conscious sometimes :")

• Yes actually. I'm not sure why unless I'm doing something awkward lol I don't pay much attention to it.

• Probably? But do I take notice? Nah

• lol nice beard, girl xD

• yes, i was on the bus last night and a guy across the aisle actually took a picture of me with flash on. what a dumbass

• Yes, I don't mind it. I walk with a lot of confidence and I don't look like I'm trying too hard. I look like a bitch though so no one approaches me, they're more intimidated by me than anything. They just stare...

• Yeah. It's not really that weird, I don't care.

• its just me being paranoid, yeah. but sometimes people do stare at me, like when I'm just being weird xD

• People smile at me a LOT. Not sure why but tbh it bugs me

• *staare at me I mean. They only smile sometimes

• Yeah, that's probably it. And, obviously, you are very attractive. Tall and beautiful. HMM, I wonder why people might stare at you.
      LOL
      <3

I like to just walk through the world like it's one big runway, personally. Pretty much literally, all the way down to that weirdly purposeful linear stride.
      mb you could take that approach to the whole thing?
      I mean... think about "stares" and "attention" if you were a runway model. Obviously, everyone would be staring at you, and, obviously, there would be a lot of attention directed toward you. But, you wouldn't give shit number one, because basically that would be the point -- to not give shit number one. Eyes straight ahead, the world's yours, that sort of thing.

• Sorry but I wouldn't wishtle you...

• Not a lot. Some do, some don't.

• Sometimes, I don't take much notice of it.

• Yeah, not much else so I'm not sure why haha.

What Guys Said 16

• Well clearly you are beautiful and people think it I use to be antisocial and I still have public anxiety but it's not terrible the best thing to do is accept that people will always want to talk to you or look at you or just be friendly either you can be friendly back or ignore every living human like you would when you are hanging out with someone

• I really haven't paid much attention to if other people are looking at me. If you mean from girls, they may have made eye contact with me but then they've usually looked away.

By what you said, the issue may be that you feel anxious that they are looking at you and you feel uncomfortable. The extent of people paying attention to you is probably often exaggerated in your mind from worrying if that's happening. Also since you feel awkward and uncomfortable, there's a good change many people have sensed that feeling in your body language which may cause some curiosity. In general though, I think the extent of people staring at you is probably much lower than you perceive.

You can just realize that almost everyone is more concerned and focused on themselves and their life rather than potentially criticizing you in their head.

• Yup, by babies and toddlers. :-P

• Well they might be staring at me, but I don't notice all that. I just ignore all that. I just mind my own business.

• Girls take quick glances at me and then giggle lol but generally folks don't take long stares at me.

• Pretty often. I try to keep myself aware completely of my surroundings. When I notice someone staring at me, I typically hold eye contact for a couple of seconds until that person disengages. I noticed 3 different girls staring at me several times a couple days ago in Starbucks. Made me feel a little good about myself :)
    I find myself staring at others pretty often. Not so much because I find them attractive or anything of that sort, but I just have a natural tendency to look and observe people.

• People stare at me, for good and not so good reasons. I just play a little game with them and stare right back, they almost always stop once you have caught them.

• Nope, not anymore.

• I don't know, and I don't care. I usually don't stare at people and I don't necessarily look at people unless necessary.

• Nope, only when having a chat with me, I guess

• i have been having the same things 10 years ago as well :D
    and yes thats makes you uncomfortable, i can understand you. cuz i'm antisocial too. you can't do anything to solve this problem. u must just get out of being antisocial.

• Happens.

I believe it's mainly because I love leather clothes ^__^

• Nope, and even if they do I don't notice it.

• That basically never happens to me.

• Yeah. They stare at my awesomeness.

• not that im aware of