Have you ever purposely pretended to be ignorant about something you have knowledge of because you wanted to hear someone else explain it?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope I never play dumb, I'd much rather learn, either expand my knowledge of a subject even if I already know about it, or learn something completely different if I am talking about a subject I already know about then I just talk about it, at the very least I still learn something form another persons perspective or point of view.

What Girls Said 12

• not really. id rather learn about things i dont already know, and i dont like the idea of pretending to be dumb.

• Yes, only with boys who are not direct. or who are evasive. if i have an idea of whats going on, and I've been direct but they act clueless, then later on ill play dumb because i want them to come clean.

I usually have a lot of trouble in the other direction- keeping quiet about things i know, so it doesn't happen often. just sometimes with boys i like who are being too cagey.

• but i will ask people their opinion of things i already formed a view on. but not pretending ignorance... just out of curiosity. to hear their view.

• Yes.

• I've done it because someone asked and I was too lazy to explain so said I didn't know in hopes someone else would explain it.

• No but i noticed people behave like this to act obvious

• No. I know everything.

• yes, and not guilty of it. because often, other people have different view to it than me, and its nice to hear their opinions.

• Yes, I am guilty of this act

• I have, a lot.

• Not really... Maybe I should try once.

• Yes I have I like to keep the I'm stupid mask in place

• Yes plenty of times.. LMAO!!! :-D

What Guys Said 7

• It's one of my favorite pastimes. I've spent most of my life learning as much as I can. I've got an IQ of 140 and a photographic memory, so I remember everything. It's really entertaining to listen to someone ramble on about something that they know nothing about as it becomes more apparent that they're grasping at straws.
    I like throwing in little questions and wrong info and seeing if they take them and run with it. On occasion I'll try and correct people but only because it's even funnier when they become insistent on the garbage that they've been spouting.

• Just as an FYI here to a man with somewhat lower IQ than myself:

1. Photographic memory has never been proven to exist. If you claim to have it, kindly partake in any scientific study to prove its existence. Would be swell. On a side-note eidetic memory has no established correlation to IQ, despite what sitcoms such as the big bang theory will teach you.

2. Knowing a lot is being intellectual, not being intelligent.

I am sure you understand the urge to correct a showoff so do forgive me.

• @YepThatsIt I call it photographic memory because that's the more commonly recognized term. I don't have an eidetic memory as I don't remember some things in that vivid of detail. Events don't commit as easily as information read or watched. I retain about 90% of what I read or watch. I simplified the state for it to be more easily understood.
      By the way, intelligence is the ability, BEING intellectual is the use of the intellect... Common mistake, even for someone of supposedly higher IQ.

• Your remark about intelligence and intellectualism were off the mark and nonsensical. I'll link you a dictionary if you need it, no problem.

As for you calling it a photographic memory whilst knowing that does not exist if you furthermore do not even claim to have an eidetic memory is complete bullocks. Lets move on. Poke me again if you need that dictionary link to learn what the words mean.

• What do you mean?

• Have never done this consciously, although I'm pretty sure it has happened.

• No but my mom did.

• i always play dumb to see ppls character and how truthful they are...

• Yeah it's fun

• no i dont have problems asking for help