Why is my nationality put under American?

I was born in America by accident, but both my parents are Jamaican citizens, which would make me Jamaican also. Right? I've never even been to America besides when I was born.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wouldn't this be an advantage to you in most situations? As far as I know there are no boundaries preventing Americans from moving to Jamaica but there are some limitations on moving to America. You being signed up as American would quite likely eliminate those and afford you some extra options.

Seems like a fairly clever move from your parents. I am quite certain you can be Jamaican too if you contact the authorities.

What Guys Said 3

• Look up 'anchor baby' and see... I'm not saying this is what happened here, but it is common for parents to travel to the US to 'accidentally' have their baby and so gain a foothold to later emigrate there themselves.

• You probably have dual citizenship.

• Citizenship about where you are born. You were born in America, you are American citizen.

What Girls Said 0