Looking for new books to read. Any ideas?

Let me make it clear that I mostly enjoy YA fantasy novels but any type of fantasy would do, really. Some books I like are A Game of Thrones, The Hunger Games and A Court of Thorns and Roses. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks <3

Most Helpful Guy

• Catch Cassandra Clare... She's just great.. I won all books she wrote... It's just awesome.. First read Infernal Devices (3 books) then Mortal Instruments (6 Books) ... It's awesome I'm sure you'll love it...
    Also if want to try something else I'll suggest Dan Brown.. He's just great.. Check em up and tell me how you liked it

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm, for YA fantasy novels, I recommend The Raven Cycle. It's a series of four books (the fourth comes out this month) about a group of teenagers who are on a quest to find a dead Welsh king, wake him up and ask him to grant a wish. Obviously, you can see there's fantasy in there, there's also romance and mystery and a darker side to it with murder and slight gore. The characters are all wonderful and you'll love them and it deals with things like sexism and abuse and sexuality and death and the social class system. The books are just really fun to read, I definitely recommend them.

Another book you might like is Six of Crows. It's kind of a spin off of a different series, the Grisha trilogy, but most people who read them say the Grisha trilogy isn't great and SoC is much better. You definitely don't need to read the Grisha to understand SoC. It's a world where some people have superhuman powers and are persecuted because of them. This particular story follows a small group of thieves who have to break into the world's best protected jail and free someone who basically knows how to make these people invincible. It has quite a bit of action and mystery and some gore and romance. Again, it deals with abuse (in the form of slavery and stuff like that) and sexism and it's really interesting. I think if you like ASOIAF, you'll probably like this, even though it's more YA focused.

What Guys Said 11

• Mistborn trilogy (1-3 in the series) by Brandon Sanderson.

Stars a female thief-turned-magical-assassin in a post-apocalyptic steam-punk world. Each book in the series contains a meta-plot that the following books expand upon, encouraging a re-read once you get to the end of the third book, as certain passages make far more sense.

Basically goes like this: A thousand years ago, a great hero of light and prophecy was tasked with fighting a great misty darkness that would enshroud the world in death and destruction. He failed and in his place, the Lord Ruler has reigned for a millennium. In that time, nations and religions rose and fell, each being absorbed into the Final Empire of the living God-Emperor that simply could not be killed. Enter the young thief, Vin, a teenage girl with a tenuous grasp of a power her kind (species) is not supposed to wield and follow her journey as she becomes the key focal point for a rebellion that would shake the foundations of the Final Empire to its knees. Contains a lot of mature content, a highly well-thought out magic system, and characters which actually feel like real people, not slightly fleshed out archetypes relevant to the setting. Probably the first book series I've read from a male author that has a surprising grasp of the mind of a teenage girl entering full adulthood.

Seriously, check this series out. Its amazing!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mistborn_series

• Also check out the "Monster Hunter International" series by Larry Correia as well as his other work, "the Grimnoir Chronicles." The former is a look at the life and times of "professional" monster hunters working along side the US Government to combat the forces of darkness. The other is an alternate-history trilogy in which Magic arrived, for better or for worse, on planet Earth in the year 1845. The story begins just over 100 years later, with magic having played a part in all the history prior to the story start.

www.goodreads.com/.../45313-monster-hunter-international
      www.goodreads.com/series/49861-grimnoir-chronicles

• Have you ever heard of this book called Harry Potter? It's pretty obscure, you should try it out.

• 50 Shades of Grey? Harry Potter...

• Enders Game and like the 8 different sequels.

• Dune, American gods, gardens of the moon, the graveyard book and broken empire.

• Pride and Prejudice.

• Like the Hunger Games. I should read more.

• Try the Iron Fey series. The first book is Iron King. It's a good romance/adventure series!

• Try reading the full lord of the rings trilogy
    Divergent is pretty good to if you haven't read it

• I would like t help you but haven't read fantasy in a long time

• Hunter

What Girls Said 10

• You should check out the Baskerville Affair series by Emma Jane Holloway. There's also the Lady of Devices (can't remember the author's name) and the Emperor's Edge. I like the steampunk/fantasy genre.

• Do I have some books for you. Hold up... Ok.
    The Young Elites by Marie Lu
    Dead Beautiful by Yvonne Soon
    Grave Mercy series by Robin LaFevers
    Evernight series by Claudia Gray
    Dust Lands series by Moira Young ( not fantasy but still freakin good)

• I just finished reading The Young Elites! It was really good. Now I'm just waiting for The Rose Society to be sold in paperback, lol.

• Oh cool you already read it! The 2nd one is good too. I just went to the library to get a copy.

• The Stormlord Trilogy by Glenda Larke. SOOOOO GOOD!!!

• There's this book called Angelfall and it's pretty good in my opinion. It's a post-apocalyptic book with some romance and a lot of sarcasm. It's a trilogy by the way and I really recommend it.

• haha SAME!

• try the vampire academy series

• Have you read the Divergent books? If you haven't you could read them.

• Divergent, Inheritance Cycle. I like them a lot.

• Inheritance was good until the last two novels. Paolini jumped the shark with those ones. Which is a pity, because I loved Eragon.

• @9mfeo I expected that though.

• It was so sad! It could have been so good. It fizzled as a series.

• the girl of fire and thorns was my favorite YA novel, i read it a couple years ago and it inspired me because the star girl's character development was so amazing

• Haven't you read Harry Potter?