Transgenderism of children is child abuse. Agree or disagree?

• Agree
  • Disagree

Most Helpful Guy

• "Transgenderism" - tztztz what does that even mean? That "magazine" or whatever that is you've posted a link to seems very boulevardesque. The article doesn't even make an attempt to be neutral/unbiased.

Let me put it this way: I believe as a good parent, it's your responsibility to bring up your child gender-neutrality to the best of your ability. This doesn't mean forcing your son to wear princess dresses, it means letting your child choose what it feels most comfortable with. Example: my little sister was a very boyish girl as child. She liked to play in the mud and get dirty and try out things on the computer and we even have a home video of her starting to scream and cry when my grandma gave her a pretty red skirt for her 5th birthday. The whole family still remembers it... she got on a total rampage until my mom promised her that she won't have to wear it. I on the other hand am a guy but I always used to play with the girls in kindergarten and elementary school and I enjoyed playing with the things that girls usually play with. I am very thankful to my parents that they never enforced anything on us, they simply let us choose. They trusted us that we knew what we liked and enjoyed and that made us feel liberated and empowered in a very good way. It made us more mature. Most adults don't remember how it was to be a child and so they assume that children are basically all dumb. But they're not. Children are actually much smarter than most adults think. They feel these things and they know what is right for them. I don't know if this is what you mean by "Transgenderism" but it does piss me off very much when I see all those stuck-up conservative idiot dads prohibiting their sons to wear a dress or play with a doll because that's apparently "gay".
    Good parents don't influence their kids in these issues and that is much easier said than done. Cuz there are many instances of every-day life where we don't even realize that we're brainwashing our children. For example a guy I know insisted on painting his baby son's room blue cuz supposedly "that just fits better to him". Of course that is complete bullshit and I told him that. Connecting blue with masculinity is a cultural agreement, it has nothing to do with natural reality and no boy should have to be shamed by his parents just because he wants his room to be green or yellow - or pink.

• I agree with everything you just said :)

• @vonasaurus Exactly. It goes for other things to. For example Richard Dawkins makes a great point of saying how bad it is for children to be indoctrinated with religious beliefs at an early age. Nobody would ever come on the idea of saying "this is a republican child and that one there is a democratic child" but for some reason it's considered normal and okay to say "this right here is a catholic child but that one over there is lutheran". It just doesn't seem fair to do this to children in my opinion. Of course we all have our opinions and I think it's totally fine to try and pass them on to our kids in some way. But you shouldn't shame your kid for wanting to be different. In fact, this is particularly the case for issues such as sexual identity and sexual orientation. Cuz to some degree, you can choose your political and religious views but you can't choose your gender and who you fall in love with. So I guess it's okay to be appalled by homosexuality... I mean to each

• their own... but that doesn't make it okay to tell your son that he's a dirty faggot if he falls in love with another boy. Same with gender identity. Some people might find it strange that their kids want to be the opposite gender and they might not understand why but that doesn't give them the right to dictate to their kids what to enjoy and what not to enjoy. I'm very much for giving children the opportunity to experience both sides and eventually make their own decision.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all. That entire article absolutely reeks of a complete lack of understanding of transgender issues. The fact that they use the word "transgenderism" can tell you that much already. The article is supposedly using scientific fact and support from a scientific association, but basically everything said conflicts with the stances of the APA, one of the biggest and most respected psychological associations.

As for the material itself, in what universe is allowing your child to express themselves and taking your child's feelings seriously child abuse? It's not like parents are forcing the child to be a certain gender (unless they're PREVENTING the child from expressing themselves as the gender the child prefers), they're just going along with the child's wishes. All in all, I think the article is unscientific and absolutely biased and idiotic.

What Guys Said 19

• The article is absolutely correct. Cross sex hormones are a health risk, and it's not justified just because they see a male child play with dolls. This whole thing exists because people are remarkably rigid regarding "gender stereotypes" and think you have to be a "textbook male" who enjoys violence and soldiers for whatever unknown reason.

• It's usually the child itself that wants it. Usually transgender children realize they're transgender when they're incredibly young and it becomes a huge issue to them when they approach puberty and their body changes in ways against how they feel they are.

• I agree that it is. This is just one more example of how extreme the PC Social Justice Warrior tranny movement is. They're willing participants in child abuse.

• I just don't know. Every case is different, I suppose.

• It's disgusting is what it is.

• it is to me. i mean kids dont know shit about themselves until they get much older. Until then, everything is just experimentation... but i dont think you'd want to have your kid experiment with surgical transgenderism, only for them to realize they made a terrible mistake years later

• No it's not. That study was clearly performed by people who are against transgenderism in general not by unbiased scientists.

• After reading the article, I agree
    Putting little kids on hormones and surgery and all that shit is abusive. When they turn 16-18, it can be allowed, but not otherwise

• If a child identifies as the opposite sex it would be child abuse to not do anythign about it, btu I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this question

• I can't think of how lying to children about how the world works is anything but abusing social and political power. It is one thing to teach acceptance but another entirely to teach actuality.

• Transgenderism is a mental disorder plain and simple

• i think I agree, but I am not sure what they mean by "transgenderism of children"

• Yes I agree.

• Definitely agree.

• Is their life. Their right to do to.

• I'm inclined to agree, but gender placement in itself is already a form of child abuse.

• These kinds of articles make me want to burn people at the stakes.

• At the very least it's bad parenting. A child may be confused about their identity. They should figure out mentally who they are before doing something so permanent like that. What if when they're an adult they regret the decision? They can try getting changed back but they won't ever fully be the way they were before. A life altering change like that should only be made as an adult. I shake my head at those who think it's just something so stupidly simple as giving the kid what they want.

• Absolutely agree.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm not a doctor or a psychiatrist but I will say it doesn't seem to be smart to have kids making these huge life altering decisions before they're even adults who know what they really want.

I think if this was any other issue.. like plastic surgery.. the PC police would be crying foul. Just let kids be kids.

• I believe bringing up your child responsibly is correct. I do not believe that forcing a child to conform to gender roles they express discomfort with is responsible. Gender-neutrality is best, in order to let your child live in a way that they enjoy.

• Personally, I don't think it should be allowed.

• It scares me, sort of.

• I don't think it's right, they don't understand what they're doing