What to do when the guy you like is asked to prom by another girl?

Ok so I go to a fairly small school and our prom is coming up. These past few months I have been talking to a guy I have a few classes with. I have been friends with him since grade nine but just recently developed feelings for him. I planned on asking him to prom but before I knew it, one of his other friends had already asked him. I have about 3 months to prom, and I don't know what to do. My friends say I could still probably get him to cancel and go with me but I'm not sure if I should try that or just give up?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just go and ask him...
    He might cancel it.. If he likes you

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, you could ask him. If it were me, I'd let it be. I'd put yourself in this other girls shoes. Would you like it if he were your prom date and then some other girl asked him to be hers. 1) If it were me, I'd cut a bitch for trying to steal my date and 2) I'd be extremely upset that a girl would do that to me. While I'm all for going and getting your man, I still think it's a mean thing to do.

You have the choice of asking him anyway, but just give it some thought about this other girls feelings.

What Guys Said 2

• How will you change his mind?

• Just ask him and he may come if you're in his choice list.

What Girls Said 1

• Well, how hot or close is this other girl to him?

Because if he does rate her highly, i would still go and ask him.

Although, if he is a guy who takes committments and agreements seriously then he may say that he cannot cancel which in that case, you would have to look for someone else.

If you dont find anyone else then dont be sad, you can still go with your friend. When I went to my high school prom, I took a girl who was also my best friend. When I arrived, I was shocked to find that most girls came without dates or came with their fathers. Yup! I wasn't missing out and we have a great night. #DontNeedAMan #ToBeHappy