Its not normal. Afraid of men?

I discovered layely that Im kind of afraid of men. Not shy but scared.. I dont want anyone to get near me. Even if it was my boyfriend. Also I can't carry a normal conversation with them..
Im trying to find am explanation but I dont know. Its not that I have a weak personality or smth...
Why and what should I do.
Im 20.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry you feel that way.
    If you want an explanation, you may want to try to look at how your relationship with your father and brother (s) (if you had any) was growing up, any male figures really. Therapy or counseling could be useful. And don't be scared about starting or trying therapy or counseling! More successful people than you may realize have gone through that kind of process.
    In the least you can confide in a good friend you. They can listen.
    If part of your fear is in the uncertainty of what power or action a guy could do, maybe you need to remind yourself of how assertive and powerful you can be. Kickboxing or strength training or a martial art discipline could help with some confidence (just saying).
    It's good you can identify these kind of aspects of yourself and even better when you're looking to improve! Congrats on that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Than I you need to warm up!

• Talk to younger cousin who a guy ! Than talk to your uncle. And than talk to a friend who a guy who your not intersted in! And than talk to an attractive guy without giving eye contact and than give full contact!

What Guys Said 7

• Apparently it's because you don't realize that MALEs are just humans like any other FEMALE friend you have. The key difference is that males have testicles.

• Lol I laughed at this...

• Were you assaulted earlier in your life?

• Easy. Stay away from men.

• You would need to explain how this came about, what exactly you're scared of (violence, physical strength, the ability to attract you, etc.). How long have you been scared of men?

Has a man done something bad to you?

• There r guys scared of girls? Could it be for the same reason?

Por que? Why?

• Sounds like you need to see a psychologist.

• How do you feel about your father? And do you have any male siblings?

What Girls Said 0