What makes black women "ugly" to society?

I constantly hear people of all races say that black women are unattractive or least desirable and it kind of bothers me because I feel like a lot of black women have to take a lot of shut from society so I want to know why you PERSONALLY find black women unattractive?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am white and I have never disliked black women. My family and I are from Europe and never saw a black woman until we moved to the USA. Looked unusual at first but then realized that there is nothing to hate about them. Near 8th and 9th grade I noticed that only blacks seem to be attracted to me which got me more interested and eventually attracted to them. I see nothing ugly or bad about black women.
    That's what I have to say from my own personal experience.
    I suggest you to not take what you heard or noticed from society in such a hard way. No one is against you and you are not ugly or undesirable to everyone.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't personally find black women unattractive. I think many are beautiful. Black women tend to have some of the highest rates of being overweight and obese in America, which may be a big part of it like with dating site stats and whatnot.

• But i see fat white and hispanic people as well but nobody says anything about them.😩

• My favorite friend at work was a black girl until she moved away for a new job and she had TONS of positive (not just hookup type) male attention. She was fairly average looking too, though not overweight and smart, super friendly and fun. If that's you in your pic, I'd say you will do well.

• Thank you...

What Guys Said 42

• Are you off your meds!!! Black women on the whole are more beautiful than all others combined. Anyone who doesn't see this plainly, is dead from the neck up. Case in point, we've had one black First Lady over the past 240 years, and Michelle Obsma is the most beautiful and engaging by far. Jackie Kennedy was an oily anal discharge by comparison!

• Calm down bro. We all have different preferences.

• The effects of years of racism and segregation are responsible for the perception of undesirability directed at black women. This dynamic has changed significantly in recent years, and I propose the obverse will hold true within the next 30 to 40 years! Wait and see how "preferences are distributed then.

• In America there is still a lot of latent racism. I have to agree with you there.

• I personally find them attractive and have dated two in my life. I think a great deal of this is about status not appearance. If someone perceives blacks to be lower status they will view them as less attractive (the reverse does not necessarily follow). I also think this is why many prefer women to be very thin - being underweight is considered a higher status because poorer women can't always afford the time and money to work out all the time.

• I don't find black women unattractive.

The reason why some might think that is because we are all brainwashed with Eurocentric beauty standards.

• Oh please... nobodies "brainwashed". Men like girls that are attractive, no one was forcing them to like pretty blonde women, it was nature that decided that. Get out of here SJW.

• @Pampered we are taught what we find attractive by the society we are in. I know we like to believe that we have control over that but we don't. What people dominate fashion magazines and modeling? It isn't Latina and black women. It's definitely skewed towards Caucasians which influences all of our beauty standards.

• ONE big reason is: black women had to endure a lot through history. As such, they had to grow mentally and spiritually strong to overcome all these historical perils. So culturally, black women are raised to mirror that behavior from ancestors, especially because there are still a lot to overcome.

And traditionally, society resents women who shows signs of strenght and protagonism as women who "deny their feminility", thus becoming unatractive. You don't believe me? One of the complaints I hear in this website about black women is that they are "loud, bossy and have an attitude". This - in a woman - is apparently seen as "trashy".

But it really isn't is it? I think it's something to be proud of. Think of Rosa Parks. Dandara Zumbi.

• Well there's the ghetto stereotypes and that lighter skin is often percieved as more feminine. People sometimes percieve certian races as being more masculine or feminine. For example, Asians are often percieved as being more feminine which benefits Asian women but hurts Asian men. Blacks are often seen as being a more masculine race which obviously a disadvantage for black women.

www8.gsb.columbia.edu/.../gender-and-race-how-overlapping-stereotypes-affect-interracial-dating-leadership-selection-and-athletic-participation

• I don't think black women are ugly. I exclusively date black women.

But if I had to guess, I would say that its been the 40+ years of movies and shows with "sassy black women" that black dudes have been making. Not to mention the ratchedness you see on Youtube thanks to people pandering to World Star.

• So true! its a damn shame!

• Its life, though, and I live in a country where you can speak whatever BS is on your mind. True, it doesn't mean that you cannot call someone out on such behavior, but then, it doesn't fully check said behavior either (unless violence is involved).

• BLACK WOMEN ARE NOT UGLY. DON'T LET ANYONE MAKE YOU THINK THAT!!!
    Every person has their own personal preference. If they don't like you, then move on to someone else.

• Yes, black girls are the least desirable for various reasons.

Physical reasons:

- All women of all ethnicities are lighter skinned than their male counter-parts on average. This is generally seen as an attraction factor of men - aka men biologically find lighter skin attractive. So when you live in a country thats mainly white you can 1+1 yourself.
    - Black women seem to be too much making them sometimes seem disproportional. While most men really dig hourglasses, there definitely is a too much.
    - Black women look too masculine. Femininity is attractive to most men, black women are the least feminine looking by nature (having a butt and boobs isn't all there is to femininity).

Socially/Psychologically:

- Black women suffer from certain toxic elements among the black communities.
    - There are several of obnoxious black women giving the decent ones a bad reputation.
    - Anything relating to ghetto is a turn-off.

What you do with that is up to you, but those are the reasons I see for it.

• I find them extremely unattractive because in my experiences:

They're extremely rude. They're extremely hostile. They're extremely aggressive and use physical violence more often than not. They also will act like bullies and then act like they're the victims when it goes south (they're vey good at that). They tend to use a shit load of slang and don't annunciate and pronounciate properly. Also, I find that a lot of black women are extremely racist fucks and hate white people (if you've been watching the news, there have been multiple cases of black women beating on a white woman just because she's white). Basically a lot of personality traits that I find disgusting make black women an absolute no to date for me.

So I only really date white and Asian women, but I've been finding that Asians tend to also be extremely racist towards white people, so I'm probably going to date only white women.

• Okk... that all sounds so stereotypical but I guess...

• I'm not sure just dumb stereotypes perpetuated by douchenozzles. I see plenty of black girls who are very attractive all the time in person.

• Black women are beautiful!! 😍

• Im glad you think so!😊

• well tbh WhitNANA is still my fave. @afro-dite9 ๐Ÿ˜
      jwhit: hahah i really would but she cracks me up i can't help it! :D

• @justbanANNAz mwahhahahaaa

• For a lot of people, it has to do with media portrayed stereotypes:

Showing them as all ghetto, obnoxious, loud-mouthed bitches

Then you go out and see way too many black women outside in a skimpy shirt, booty shorts, with nappy-ass hair

These are the stereotypes that plant the seeds of repulsiveness in some people's eyes

• To me personally, I just have a certain preference (olive skinned, brown hair, brown eyes). Anything other than that is as you may describe it, "less desirable" to me. That includes black women, white women, Asian women... etc. I'm by no means saying that any of these women are "ugly", "unattractive" or anything of this sort and less desirable doesn't mean unattractive or repulsive. It's just not my personal preference and any type of woman is considered attractive to some men.

• Bad stereotypes, Eurocentric beauty standards, the fact that a typical person isn't attracted to races other than their own, and the unfortunate reality that African American women as a group don't take good care of themselves.

I actually really like black women. It is they who don't like me. lol.

• Well im glad you like them and maybe you haven't found the right one

• I live in Appalachia currently, and there aren't many non-white women around here, so I've had to go with Caucasians by default, even though I actually prefer darker complected women. Hispanic ladies are the only minority group that has liked me back (partially because I speak some Spanish), but East Asian and black women have shown little to no interest in me. Eh, es la vida. ยฟQuรฉ puede hacer una persona, sรญ?

• True! Thanks for your opinion

• because pale skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair is considered beautiful by most of the world.

in many Asian countries its hard to buy a skin care product that doesn't have skin whitening properties

• I find a lot of black women unattractive. but the same can be said for white women. Or any group of women on here. But I certainly do not find all or even most of them unattractive. For instance, I find you quite attractive.

• I'm not a fan of curly hair... but that can b found on all kinds of people. although some styles look coo.

• For me, the main thing that is off putting about black women are the ones who have this stereotypical attitude shit where they equate strength with being constantly argumentative. It's also scary to me that within the black community, acting this way is often cherished, and if you don't like it as a guy, you're told by these women "well you just can't handle a strong black women"... Well the response some guys have to that is, "you're right, i can't handle you... so onto another group of women i go" Tbh i think it would be generally better if i ended up with a black woman, but there's just a few things off putting about how our culture tells black women they should act, which makes me weary of dating them if they aren't directly from africa. African black women aren't really an issue to date, but American black culture is totally different. If i found a black woman who had no attitude, was attractive, and didn't buy into all this SJW bullshit like cultural appropriation of hair and some of the stupid crap BLM does like storming a Bernie Sander's even as if the guy was some KKK lieutenant, i'd be totally down for dating them. Oh, and if they use their natural hair too. Im not attracted to that weave stuff.

• I personally find many black women attractive.

• I guess they have their reasons if you constantly hear it from so many people, whatever the reasons are

Try this, take a race that 'on average' you are least attracted to. Sure you could be attracted to all races by its quite common to be 'more' attracted to a particular type. So take a ethnicity that you don't thirst over... Maybe Sri Lankans? are you attracted to Sri Lankan people for example?

So pick one race and then tell me here why you don't generally find them attractive. Take that and apply it to your question... and it might make more sense.

• I don't PERSONALLY find black women unattractive. Quite the opposite.

Out of curiosity how have you PERSONALLY been shut from society?

• Most men dont like black wome or dont find them attractive and even though im hispanic im dark skin so they automatically get turned off by me being black.

• Hm, I've never heard that.
      I've seen a lot of nasty stuff about black girls on you tube, and around the web, but I just figured that was people being shitty and ignored it. I assumed other people saw the same thing I saw and turn that crap off when it started.

Not that an internet strangers opinion should matter, but if thats you on your profile pic, I think you're beautiful.

• Thank you.

• I think black women are beautiful and some of them are even hot. I wish I could meet one in my life and have a nice talk.

• Well im glad you think so!😊

• I don't find all black women unattractive. I don't know how to explain why without sounding racist. I have nothing against black people.

• People are more comfortable with the familiar so the closer the skin tone the easier the transition. But that is less important than culture. There is a stigma attached to black culture and a lot of it isn't good.

Is this purely due to racism? No. There is a large ghetto population still around and many people are not fond of that. Not to mention that there are and have been prominent black models, Naomi Campbell and Tyra Banks come to mind immediately. There are many others.

• What makes a black woman ugly is the same thing that makes any woman ugly-a horrible attitude.

• Sorry... I just do... Nothing racist
    It's just, that Iv'e never found a pretty one, Not that they're not attractive... There are many pretty black woman... But somehow I am not attracted, maybe it's a question of race... And if you actually wanna call me racist go right ahead... It's just the way it is

• At least you were honest😓

• I feel the same way but every time I say it a crusade of Black women call me racist.

• nothing ugly about them... have dated black women

• It's more of a preference, really. Although I have noticed a trend with black women that some get their lips filled, making them thicker, talking "ghetto" and threatening people.

I probably have been talking to the wrong black girls :P

• Yea im pretty sure yu have and getting their lips filled? Most black women dont have to do that. It's natural.

• Yeah I imagine not. If you were wondering, you're in with the pretty crowd!

• Lol well thank you. :)

• black women are just as attractive as women of other races. n Very desireable

• I personally don't like women who are "bigger", not chubby, but just bigger. Like a girl who is 5'8 and 160lbs. I do find petite black women attractive though. (5'8, 130)

• 5'8 isn't really petite... and what does height have to do with black women?

• they are usually taller. and by petite I mean slender body.

• Oh ok...

• More from Guys
    12

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 19

• no offence but i don't remember the last time i personally heard anyone say black women are undesirable or unattractive.

im kind of sick of some black people who are convinced that everyone finds them ugly. i know it's still an issue, please dont get me wrong, but we're not all like that. some of the sexiest people with the biggest hearts i know are black or part black. not everyone gives them shit. #generalisation581

• I don't think black women are unattractive at all. Stunning in fact.

• If that's you in your profile pic, you are very VERY pretty!!

I'm not saying I agree with these, but it's stereotypes mainly:
    -Black women tend to be the most obese/overweight group. Not all, of course.
    -Sassy attitude.
    -"ghetto" attitude, love to fight, drinking, smoking, partying, promiscuous, uneducated etc.

• Yeh true... and thank you 😊

• *looks in mirror* I don't give a damn about anyone who finds me unattractive because of my skin color. Or for any other reason. I'm a black woman, and I'm awesome. The end. *flips hair*

PS-you're gorgeous 😍

• I find them really attractive but even more the mixed people O. O
    they re so beautiful!
    by the way you re beautiful too ^^

• what? it is just the opposite.
    Black woman much more attractive than white woman. Lets face it, here is why:
    Studies show that black woman have apple shape body and white woman generally have pear shape body WHICH IS HELL CURSE. Woman who have apple shape body tend to have shorter torso/longer legs while pear shape tend to have shorter legs/longer torso.
    I read a study that leg ratio is higher at black woman. Black woman have great avantage at overall. I saw a black woman who is 3" shorter than me but still have longer legs than me. So I really envy you leggy blacks and it is why I am racist, fuck you all !

• Wtf? Uhmm ok...

• I really envy legs of black woman :( I hate my chicken ones. :(

• Lol im sure they are perfect!

• Omg no. Black woman are so beautiful! They have full features and and perfect bodies! They are the true definition of Voluptuous. y'all are queens and dont take any shit. y'all are goddesses. However I think what makes SOME black women or ANY woman ugly is her heart. the way she carries herself and the way she treats others.

• I think we're fucking gorgeous. We need to stop worrying about how others feel about us and uplift ourselves. There is nothing I love more than to see black women aspire to be like other black women.

• I love being BLACK! If I wasn't a Black women I'd be jealous to be anything else! They claim they hate us, but stay in my PM's like their life depended on it. And this goes for offline as well. Sweating a mf like a b**ch in heat. I just sit back, laugh and http://imgur.com/ujhNMOw *Yoncรจ voice* CARRY ONโ˜บ๐Ÿ™Œ

• To me girls from every race are soooo pretty. But sometimes the media doesn't agree. I think we're stereotyped as unhygenic, lazy, ghetto, loud, irrational, and just pleasant women in general. To add to that the stereotypical black girl look is: facial feautures: big nose, lips and eyes/ masculine look body features: big butt, fat with a lot of rolls.

• Racism and the lingering effect of segregation.

• I never hear this. I only see people online act that way. in real life I see black women get just as much attention as women of every other race.

• I don't think black women or any other race are ugly

• I do not why people think. My girlfriend is black.

• Ayee! I know thats right😃

• Guys like feminine girls, its what gets their penises going I think. Black women tend to be very assertive and dominant, and can come across as masculine, which can turn a lot of guys off. They seem like they're too much to handle and aren't appealing enough to pursue. They go after bitchy white princesses because at least the girl seems feminine and fuck-able. Not the case for some black girls who again, come across as masculine and hard to handle.

• Honeslty, just ignore what people think and focus on your life. It's not worth it to worry so much about what others think of you.

• You are absolutly right thank you!

• Black women are hawt. Stop fretting

• I've heard of this and I don't understand it either. Beauty has nothing to do with skin colour, just like it has nothing to do with weight. It's all about what the face looks like. I've seen plenty of beautiful black women. The ones who likely say that probably just don't like blacks at all. The only time someone should be judged is on what their face looks like.

• I wouldn't judge u plus u look good on your profile pic