What tips do you have for someone trying to plan their first international flight?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Have a passport.
    2. Alert your bank of you exact dates of travel and even flights if you can. This way, if you are the victim of identity theft (like I was), you are protected when charges come from where you are visiting, but that occurred while you are not there. Because my wife told our bank of travel dates, we got all our money back.
    3. Consider traveler's checks.
    4. International cell phone...

• Oh, and be prepared that where you are going they may not have normal toilets...

• Are international wifi devices equally good as having a different phone?

• I doubt it, but that is an excellent question. Oh, and don't forget about different currents and voltages. Electrical devices built for North America will need adapters to work with the electrical outlets in other countries.

Most Helpful Girl

• book during the dead season cs cheaper lol

• When is the dead season? Do you mean book a certain amount of time in advance? I don't know how early I should.

• now it s the dead season.
      you usually go on the net and check the prices and make a comparison.
      book everything beforehand cause you get great discounts.

What Guys Said 2

• Fly first class if you can, especially if the flight is 8+ hours long. You'll want the leg room. Also, get up and move around every couple hours to get your blood circulating.

• Make sure you get up out of your seat a few times and keep the circulation going in your feet and legs to avoid blood clots. Also don't expect to be able to sleep too well in that seat

What Girls Said 2

• it's long so be prepared. bring a book or two or three depending how fast you read. bring some music and make sure it's charged all the way.. and i'm assuming you aren't flying first class so bring one of those neck pillow things and make sure to get up and walk to stretch your legs because it will most likely be cramped
    food isn't that great and you probably won't sleep much but try to sleep at appropriate times to avoid a bit of jetlag that you will have when you arrive

• Don't carry a bomb in your bag.