Why do people think internet dating is real dating?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

• When your emotions are involved, it becomes real.
    There is a sense of trust, extreme like , and loyalty.
    The last time I checked that's what holds any relationship together, whether you're touching that person in the flesh or not.
    Lets talk about relationships where someone has to be away from their significant other for a year... that relationship becomes where technology is all that holds that couple together.
    If they didn't have the emotional connection between eachother, they'd have nothing.
    In other words, there's more to a relationship that being physical or touching the person in the flesh.

• Do you mean when people meet online and then meet up in real life? Or when people just chat online? If you mean the latter then I agree that is bullshit.

• because it is a way for people to begin the lets get to know each other in a safe environment that can lead to potential dates

• It is real dating, just because you can't be with each other in person doesn't mean it isn't real.

• Because it is. It involves emotion and feelings like any other rellationship.

• Perhaps they don't. I know I don't. I'm "dating" someone who's just been grooming me for two years. I call it "real" simply for the fact that it's easier to deal with. I don't want to believe that I'm just being used. Maybe people say it's real dating because it does FEEL real. They might have met them once, or they've spent time chatting with a face cam and have seen more than just their face. I'm not too sure.

• Online "dating" or even just taking usually leads to me feeling used as well, so I know exactly what you mean.

What Guys Said 7

• It is real dating physical dating is preferred but internet dating is no more or less real then face to face is, see @Stacyzee comment she easily explains it best.

• Because the only difference between dating in the digital world or the physical one is the physical intimacy. If people sacrificed the physical intimacy for their partners that's actually pretty strong. If these 2 people evolved the relationship into the physical world, that means things are getting done the right way.

• It's the same as real dating except for the physical contact. You can still catch feelings.

• Dating is as real as you make it whatever kind of relationship it is.

• I think internet dating give u the better and safer platform to know it each other

• Oh and it isn't? It is real feelings with real people with the potential for all the things you'd normally have. What isn't real about it? I know plenty of people who started their relationships online, one way or another.

Honestly internet dating will probably be the norm very soon (if it isn't already, I think it just might be) so you might want to refine your writing talents.

• It's real for shy people and only... but they should stop being shy better in ma opinion...