Anyone knows how to make a cartillage piercing heal?

so here's my "problem" i've been having two ear piercings since mid February (one among them is a cartillage one; an helix piercing) and i've been turning on the side to sleep as a habit and have been hurting my ear and it seems to be taking ages to heal... any suggestions? i've started to apply saline solution and use antibiotic ointment to it... and it has created some kind of bump (here is a pic above to show where is an helix piercing located)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a lot.
    Cartilage ones take usually a good year. Every one of mine has.
    They've taken longer than nipples and high nostrils, which are known to take a while.

They really are the hardest things to heal. Ever.

AND DONT PUT ANTIBIOTIC OINTMENT ON IT. Thats the last thing your piercer would recommend.
    Just keep with the saline and some ibuprofen. Ice it if you want. But dontttt put stuff in it.
    And that bump, I get those with every piercing. They're like a blood blister. Just inflammation. Just let it go away on its own.

• why no antibiotic ointment?

• Because its antibacterial, and it makes it harder tp form scar tissue.
      Thus, itll slow healing down.
      Its just about always recommended to use nothing but sea salt rinses and a non antibacterial soap.
      Even with moisturizer id be careful for a while and stick to a pure oil, like coconut or vitamin e.

I messed up with all that a few times and had to suffer it out.
      Staying away from that really does ease it.
      And avoid sleeping hard on it. Haha, figure out how to lay on your arm, on that side , but have your ear in the crevice so it doesn't take the weight of your head.. if that makes sense.

• ok i'll only use the salt water n see how things go

What Guys Said 1

• Why be puttin' holes in perfectly good body parts?

What Girls Said 5

• I've had a nose piercing before and I was told to use salt water to heal it (they gave me the spray) so I would keep using that. Tea tree oil is also good. It might take a week or so to go back to normal. I've had a red bump under my nose ring and that only came from bumping it on things so I would try to avoid that.

• Clean with rubbing alcohol daily and put an antibacterial cream on it. If it's red, swollen, warm or hurts see your doctor because it could be infected. Saline solution will not do anything to help heal it.

• I have a helix piercing too, I think it's infected. You seem to be doing everything you need to do and if it's not getting better then you'll have to take it out and let it grow up.

• Don't touch it? Or see a doctor.

• See a doctor