Which do you like best, sunrises or sunsets?

Most Helpful Guy

• How is one to pick? I mean without trivially doing so!

I want to say sunrises, since it's the birth of a fresh day. But how could a sunrise occur lacking a sunset's first appearance! and a sunset marks the end of all the BS that has occurred and cleaning the slate, which the the sunrise hands you/me every morning to do with it what you/I please! they are inevitably & inherently linked by any meaningful standard. I might say one looks more pleasing to the eye than the other, but is that really meaningful?

I like to see both, whilst waiting on the beach, and (as a musician) I usually do so with an acoustic guitar or acoustic bass and often a friend that has a similar instrument. It becomes an amazing, event that provides all the inspiration necessity. As sunset gives way to sunrise, so does consonance give way to dissonance in the music that I/we compose and all is right with the world.

Then of course, all the stupid little kids come out and start kicking us in the shins and messing with me/us, for no reason at all, so i/we run quickly to our car (s) and go home, to see how the new beautiful day will emerge!

And should it suck, the sunset will erase it all and the sunrise will give a new chance to me, and this I know! They are two of the most profoundly moving natural events in my life, that I can see regularly! And appreciate from a meaningful standpoint.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol I remember asking this awhile back.

Both are beautiful in their own way. Nothing like sitting back after a long day and watching the sky be painted in beautiful hues of pinks, reds, oranges, and purples before turning into the velvety darkness of the night.

And then there is also nothing like being awake in the early morning to watch day break. That first ray of light that breaks through. The sun starting to rise slowly, bringing with it the warmth of a new day.

So, I can't choose lol.

• *clapping* Nice answer!

• Your welcome (this is mostly a test, since I seem to have been blocked... At first I though it was a specific user (mooky06), but I it seems like I can't post a question since it says I'm blocked, so I apologize to you you for a test post, but I'm 95% sure that you have not blocked me! So allow me the chance to test my posting capabilities!) Good day, my dear!

Should this post, I will merely appear as a dork, but if not, then I will simply move on...

Thanks in advance!
      Me!

What Guys Said 14

• I think they are both very beautiful. I think it depends on where I am in the world, I like to travel a lot so my preference shifts based on the environment I am in. For instance, when I am in a tropical place you just can't beat a beautiful sunset over the water, kind of like that dolphin picture. One of the best memories I have ever had was when I was in Thailand, and my friends and I rented a boat and went out and camped on this abandoned island. We sat on the beach around a fire, drinking beer and watching one of the most amazing sunsets I have ever seen in my life.

However I also like sunrises when I am in a more temperate area. I lived in Japan for a year and I got up every morning while it was still dark, and went out for a run along these gorgeous mountain paths near my apartment. They call Japan the land of the rising sun for a reason, it has some of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen. Just watching the sun rise over the pacific ocean, or over the mountains of central Japan is one of the most beautiful things you can witness.

So sorry I can't give a solid answer, it depends on where I am really. Right now I'm living outside of Boston and I think that I prefer the sunsets here, the mornings are just too cold and dreary.

• I love both. Living on the seafront, facing the rising sun, is awsome. We get some terrific sunsets, too.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/133267898@N04/albums

• I like both, but I tend to watch a lot more sunsets.

• Sunsets.
    The death of day.
    The extinction of an arbitrary timeframe perpetually signified by a bleeding sky.
    A poetic mish-match of colours dancing on a canvas we can never touch.

• Sunsets way better

• Miss asker... imagine this

You hang with your friends, you visit places, eat somewhere nice, You dance for the rest of the day, have a drink on the beach. After such a beautiful day, a sunset makes it all just perfect

• @smell-my-fingers I know it's worth, because I get so much more done
      When I wake up, I usually forget about the sunrise xD

• I used too forget to watch it also, I'm always pursuing something that takes up much of my time! But even as an atheist/agnostic/ignostic, I am awe-struck by the spender of the event as it slowly unfolds! And I have grown to appreciate it so much that I am bummed-out on days that I happen to miss it! It's also a wonderful cure for depression anytime that I've experienced the blues! (For what that's worth 2 ya'!) :)

• Sunsets, the fun doesn't start until the sun goes down.

• Sunrise, because I can hang around in my jockstrap

• Sunsets filler balls.

• Sun set

• Sunsets
    It's a problem if I'm up seeing the sunrise lol

• Hmm... I don't know. I personally find them equally best.

• I like them equally. The tiebreaker for me is that I don't have to get up early to see a sunset.

• Dolphins.

• Sunset because then comes the night where I can make love and get relaxed.

What Girls Said 20

• I think sunrises are really pretty <3

• Sunset, because it is so romantic and peaceful

• The only one that I'm likely to see is a sunset. Ain't nobody waking up for a sunrise. Gross.

• Sunsets means it's getting dark which I loveeee

• Sunsets. I love the peace of the night.

• A Sunrise with a tequila sunrise👌

• I like the sunset. They're more relaxing especially if you're on the beach. Plus I'm too lazy to wake up at the crack of dawn for the sunrise 😂

• I love a beautiful sunset.

• sunseet, i'm too tired to appreciate sunrises and a sunset is a great way to end the day :)

• I really love a great sunset... let's you reflect on the day and think about the possibility of tomorrow.

• sunsets, i'm not fresh in the morning

• Sunsets!:)

• Sunsets :) but both are beautiful

• I personally love watching the sunrise on a winter morning but in the fall sunsets are so pretty with the pink sky (think a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving sunset)

• Sunsets. ♡

• Sunsets cuz I'm not a morning person

• Sunsets

• Sunsets, it's like good way to end an awesome day ya

• Sunrise

• Sunsets.