Why is being a 'Mamma's Boy' bad, but being a 'Daddy's Girl' good?

Most Helpful Guy

• A Momma's boy implies a lot of passivity and lack of masculinity or initiative in the face of his mother's demands or concerns.

A Daddy's girl implies prior and ongoing manipulation of her father for her benefit, which is expected in today's society and highly regarded by the girl's father.

What Guys Said 7

• A girl relying on her father is normal and expected. A son relying on his mom comes off as weak. But the stereotype around momma's boy is pretty much being an all around sissy. Running and crying to his mom to complain about his day instead of facing his own shit.

• In Italy it's completely normal. Most guys don't move out until they're married or have to for work.
      A guy can be in his late 30s and living at home and it's not surprising.

My brother in law's brother is 34 and can't make toast ( not because he doesn't know how to, he's just never had to do it) he's not incompetent, he has a great job, it's just that his mother does everything for him at home and that's how it is.
      He's still a great guy.

• @Napoli

By American Standards, that's a pathetic excuse for a man. If you're living at home at that age and working it's because you're down on your luck while getting back on your feet, can't get your shit together, or a loser. If it's her house.
      But if it's his house and he's financially supporting her, then it's different. Because they are taking care of eachother, but those are American standards.

• Because conceptually, people value masculinity, and degrade femininity.

Then again, those concepts don't mean anything of value.

• Incorrect. People only degrade femininity when a male has too much of it. People prefer that women be feminine, but also don't usually mind if they're masculine.

• They are both good the guys are talking bout if he's a puss is all

• Woman are cherished and meant to be spoiled. Guys are tough and need to be independent.

• Momma's boy hurt and daddy's girl breakheal

• lol you dont get it?

• Because society discriminates against men.

What Girls Said 5

• being a daddy's girl isn't good either tbh, it makes me think of spoiled bitchy princesses.

• I don't think either of them are bad

• I think because society expects men to be independent and women to be dependent. Personally, I would love a man who is close to his mother and respects her. I'm a mama's girl too.

• Neither of those are bad, they can be both good

• I never thought of one being bad