Why is the weight the first thing a guy says if he hates the woman?

Even if he'd already seen her pictures and knows she's not really a 200 lbs woman.

At most I've reached 150 lbs once but currently I'm at 140ish lbs. Then again, I'm 5'7. I have a long-term online rival (we hate each other for like 6-7 years now), who happens to be a man nearly 20 years older than me.

I admit, maybe I do need to exercise at some point to stay in fit but I'm a whale either.

So basically, I was 21 heading to 22 when this online rivalry between him and me started.
**I'm not a whale either

Most Helpful Guy

• As others have said, he's figured out that it's a trigger-issue for you. Most women get really upset if someone says something negative about their size or appearance, and it usually doesn't take too many tries to find a "button" that way.

Guys usually react similarly when you say something negative about their masculinity, whether that is something about their sexual abilities (including penis size or inability to get or please a woman) or about their ability or suitability to have a relationship (bad provider, lousy career, etc.).

in my opinion, if you're 5'7", then 140 pounds MAY be a bit out of shape, but it certainly doesn't make you seriously overweight by any stretch. A hypothetical "ideal" for that height is probably around 130, and that still depends on your hip and bust size. It might be that 140 is just right.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because it's the easiest thing you can pick out about somebody and it's often a sore spot for most women. Basically, he's an unoriginal piece of crap that can't attack anything beyond your physical appearance.

What Guys Said 8

• Because its a sharp insult that immediately draws blood on first use, figuratively-speaking.

Its like making fun of a guy's dick size. It hits a prime insecurity many people have of themselves.

• he probably knows your triggers, if weight is one of them.

• It's the quickest way to hurt her, since women take offense to that.
    It's like when women call a man worthless or he has a small penis.

• because he knows its an easy way to push your buttons and upset you

• Ignore him, there is nothing wrong with your weight. At 5'7" even 150 is acceptable. I'm 5'6" and 160.

• Commonly Socialized Weapon (CSW).

• Standard attacks on men and women reflect the traditional expectations on them.

Women are supposed to be pretty, sexually faithful, sweet.

Men are supposed to be virile, courageous, providers.

So women get told they are ugly/fat, sluts or bitches.
    Men are insulted by being called gay/virgins, pussies, and that they 'live in their mother's basement' or are broke.

I guess your'e not a bitch or slut, so 'fat' seems the easiest one to lob at you?

• I date larger women, so I dont use that as a tactic.

What Girls Said 3

• Men know that for a woman, bashing weight is the most hurtful thing they can do. It hits us right at our insecurity whether we are overweight or not.

Ignore him, he's just saying things he knows will hurt you. Why can't you just block him?

• He is just saying that because he knows it pisses you off. 140lbs at 5'7" sounds healthy to me.

• Because men know that's women's biggest insecurity.