GAG seniors, do you think you still fit in to GAG?

I was 20 when I first discovered this site and now I’m close to 26, feels like I’m not fitting in.
with my age I can’t even ask some questions without any hesitation

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I totally overheard one of my oldest son's best friends, the other day: "Dude, yr mawwwm is, like, so much cooler than you."

LOL
    My oldest son is 13.

Sooooo yeah, nope! I can totally hang out with teenagers, even. Not to mention kids the age of my younger ones (8 and 5).
    I can kinda hang out with anyone who's not a total stick in the mud -- and, even then, I can still usually try to find some kind of common ground.

__

The one thing I honestly don't understand, tho -- if it feels like you aren't fitting in, doesn't that make you want to ask questions MORE? Not less?
    Like, doesn't it make you want to... try to understand the things that you feel are creating gaps between you and "the young'uns"?

Most Helpful Guy

• I do, just play it cool. If you feel you can't ask some questions just do it anonymously.

• but we can't hide our age in it. The only solution is a new profile

• Yeah, I agree you can't hide your age, but if nobody knows who you are, why does it matter?

• It is, but we can't get some honest opinions if they find it inappropriate to asker's age

What Girls Said 3

What Guys Said 9

• im older than you and i log in to give just a little wisdom to someone younger even though they might not listen. i dont have anyone younger in my life so this is my only chance to do that.

• Sure, I fit in like a square peg in a light socket! Life is better this way!

• sure. age is only a number and many younger ones are mature enough to have fun with them. and those who have a bit more life experience can often help better with that

apart from that... deep down my heart I'm still a little boy and have the mind of a 16 year old :P

• "Fit in" how? The older users here are the ones who have the life experience and answers many of the younger users come here hoping to find.

• When and where do I get my monthly pension?

• Never have. Never will.

• 26 and senior? Are ya serious? Senior's someone like palek or jacquesvol... not us...

• I don't. Many reasons.

• I'm actually not a senior in terms of this account. I discovered this site 4 years ago I think.

• I guess it depends why you come here. Do you want to learn, teach or socialize?

• or, evrything

• Socializing could be a problem since a lot of people here are very young. Learning is going to the way an archeologist reconstruct a pot, sift through a lot of dirt, recognize the tiny pieces when you see them and then puzzle over how it all fits together and what it means. As for teaching stick to what you are sure you know and your own experiences. Provide those potter shards for others. Most people will treat them as rubbish but you never know what another archeologist will learn from them.