Have you ever been electrocuted before?

ever felt some shock or spark through your body by touching something electrical?

Have you ever been electrocuted before?


0|0
25|27

Most Helpful Girl

  • Ya I have. I was drunk when I was 16 and walking with some friends out around a farm and there was a horse behind a fence and I went up to go and pet the horse and touched the fence and got a huge shock. That's me when I'm drunk though lol.

    0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

  • Ummm, lol. In middle school a guy dared me to stick a paperclip in a light socket. I was a stupid, hard-headed kid who never backed out of a dare, so I did it. ALL the computers on the second floor blew and my right arm was cooked (and pitch black) up to my elbow. School suspended me for a week and I was on probation back then so my P. O. considered it "self harm" and locked me up for 60 days and put me through counseling until she was satisfied I wouldn't "try to kill myself again", which of course was NEVER my intention.

    0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 24

  • Sure have! It's happened a couple times - once with my bedroom outlet as I was plugging in my phone and once trying to unplug the dryer. Fun.

    0|1
    0|0
  • I stuck my finger in a fuse outlet thing before.

    0|2
    0|0
    • Was it calling to you to do that? lol

    • Show All
    • @skeptic007 oh. Lol.
      And op, no. I was replacing a fuse and it wasn't working so I figured there might be something in it but I wasn't tall enough to reach it to blow on it so I absentmindedly just tried to wipe it real quick with my finger and that happened. It wasn't bad, I just got shocked and was like wtflolwoah.

    • Ooohhhh and one time I stuck a fork into the little hole at the bottom of my electric percolator and I think I got shocked but I'm not really sure even to this day. It felt like the time I stuck my finger in the fuse socket so.

  • I sure have been electrocuted. I used to ride horses back when I was a kid and when we'd guide the horses back to their pasture in some fields, I almost always managed to grab onto the electric fence. x_x

    0|1
    0|0
  • Yep by an electric fence.

    0|1
    0|0
  • nope! just electric shocks

    0|1
    0|0
  • No! maybe by a chair

    0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing more than static shocks, no.

    0|0
    0|0
  • yes.. lol.. a few times.. nothing big tho..

    0|0
    0|0
  • Plenty of times

    0|0
    0|0
  • lol yea with some machines and people...
    haha my hair is already like the pic without me being electrocuted xD

    0|0
    0|0
  • :0 I had a dream I was.

    My sister was, haha.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Pushing the shopping cart 😂

    0|0
    0|0
  • I even get that from touching people sometimes but only those I have some physics with obvsly 👌🏻🤖

    0|0
    0|0
  • Slightly... It was when I was pulling something out of the extension cord! I touched the metal part and it just felt like a tingly feeling! That feeling traveled all the way to my shoulder. Weirdest feeling ever.

    0|0
    0|0
  • No but I'm looking forward to it

    0|0
    0|0
  • Can't say that I have. And don't want to.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, yes i have. I touched someone else and ZAP!

    0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I have gotten a few good shocks in my life. Try those paddles the docs use in the ER.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Fx-elextrix shock. Yes, I have been

    0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Accidentally

    0|0
    0|0
  • No I never have

    0|0
    0|0
  • No but almost xD

    0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, once I stuck a screwdriver in a light switch when I was fixing something and my hand slipped.

    0|0
    0|0
    • Oops, I mean electric socket, not light switch.

  • Yes...

    0|0
    0|0
    • How'd that happen?

    • Was working on a boat once and the extension cord i was using fell off the dock and landed in the water, gave me quite a shock.
      And a few other times where i touched something that had a shor in it and it was just a minor shock/fuzzy feeling...

What Guys Said 26

  • When I was in high school science class the teacher did a demonstration with a Van de Graaff generator. He had us stand in line and hold hands. One person touched the generator and everybody's hair stood up. The he touched someone with the ground lead and everybody got a really good jolt. It wasn't exactly a life threatening shock but it hurt.

    I've been getting into electronics and working on a tube amp but so far managed to avoid shocking myself. I don't probe the circuit when it's on and I always drain the capacitors so I've managed to stay safe.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Playing truth or dare, or more less truth or touch-the-electric-fence. The thought of touching the wire fence is scarier than actually touching it. Some friends of mine once played duck-duck-goose while holding onto an electric fence so that every time someone left and joined the circle, someone got shocked.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Electric fence in 4th or 3rd grade on a school trip my ass hole friends told me to hold onto this fence and I had no clue about electric fences up until that point. You can imagine the rest haha. Also that electric shock board game where the last person to press the button after a short music clip gets buzzed. Hurts like a bitch, at least its only temporary.

    0|0
    0|0
  • I grew up near farms. As kids you just had to have the experience of holding onto an electric fence hahaha. Omg never again.

    0|0
    0|0
  • i have... not intensely but enough... felt like a vibration... owwie..

    0|0
    0|0
  • My dad jokingly locked me in the Dog's cage which was slightly electrified. No serious damage though.

    0|0
    0|0
  • I was once shocked by this prank toy that jolts you when you press down on its button. It wasn't one of those things you strap to your hand, it was shaped like a big flip-lighter.

    by the way, it's actually only electrocution if you die. It's a combination word. ELECTRic exeCUTION.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I've did it a couple of times trying to fix things. Earthed a car battery through the body with a spanner. Burned my hand bad. Stupid mistake not taking the proper terminal off first. Always take the live one off first kids. Other time was a hifi I was trying to fix. Left it plugged in like a prize donkey. Got the full, unregulated 240V right up my arm into my neck. It feels like a zigzag power shooting up your arm. Leaves an ache in your bones for days.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Not electrocuted but I've been shocked like 4-6 times throughout my life by unstable outlets, wires etc, it's not fun and I would not recommend it.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I've taken shocks. When I was unplugging a cord one day, I pulled the cord half way then grabbed the metal contacts and felt a shock. I was only 12 at the time and looking back at it now I took 120v for a couple sec lol. Could have died there. It felt really weird and it hurt after I took my fingers off the contact.

    0|0
    0|0
  • When I was younger got shocked trying to fix my TV, was kinda stupid and had it plugged in with the back removed, touched a capacitor and got a big shock up my arm.

    0|0
    0|0
  • When I was 4, I electrocuted myself with a lamp's plug. The plug was half in the wall, and I stuck my finger between the prongs while they were half in the wall.

    0|0
    0|0
  • I have been tasered before. That was fun!

    0|0
    0|0
  • Yup, shocked by lightning in-fact. I was swimming

    0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I've been shocked by 15 amp circuits at least 20 times, and 20 amp circuits I think 3 times... Better than a cup of coffee! :D Electrical burns suck...

    0|0
    0|0
  • Yup, I've had my fingers slip onto the prongs while unplugging something.

    0|0
    0|0
  • My worst shock was 120 V directly across my right eyeball.

    0|0
    0|0
  • yeah. it kinda sucks

    0|0
    0|0
    • How'd that happen?

    • unnecessary story time!!!

      so, i was studying in italy and i had my own apartment, right? well, i met some americans who i was hanging out for the day or whatever. we were talking and 1 chick said something about how she got electrocuted plugging in her computer to the socket. well, i said something along the lines of "i've never been electrocuted. i kinda want to... just to see what it feels like". fast forward like 2 months... i get electrocuted plugging my computer into the socket :D. it wasn't terrible, but way stronger than when you accidentally touch your wool shirt that came straight outta the dryer :D

  • sure, more than once lol.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Neurons

    0|0
    0|0
  • I nearly electrocuted myself plugging in a dryer. Created a big flash and loud pop.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Nah never.

    0|0
    0|0
  • yea everytime I step out of the car and touch the door to close it I get a little shock

    0|0
    0|0
  • yup it sucked haha

    0|0
    0|0
  • Yep, from a faulty TIG welding machine. GOD DAMN THAT HURT!!!

    0|0
    0|0
  • When I was little I stuck my finger into a lightbulb socket.

    0|0
    0|0
Loading...