Legitimate curiosity?

More and more recently I've heard people talk about wanting to be "anywhere but here". Those people are always white. Is this just a thing or am I just not meeting people of other races who have the same complaint? Personally, if I was tired of a place I just left. I didn't stick around and complain about wishing to be somewhere else. Most of my friends who are black did the same. They got tired and just up and moved. Didn't give a damn lol. I've always been of the mindset of if you're not happy with something, then change it. If you can't change it, then stop worrying and make the best of it. Because at that point that's all you have control over anyways. Your attitude.

What Girls Said 2

• they might glamorize traveling or their hearts envision somewhere "better". it sounds depressing, i can't imagine wanting to be somewhere else my whole life. i'd already have been there if i wanted it that bad.

• I feel like a lot of white people are brought up thinking that you're just supposed to settle down and make do with whatever life throws at you, even if you hate it.

• Maybe. Just surprised at the idea lol. It's like, if you're not happy why sit around and suffer.

What Guys Said 0