Some Guy sold my Girl a Lemon. I have his info. What do I do?

So my girlfriend bought a lemon (car that is made to look like it's working and is pretty but is actually falling apart). She isn't experienced at buying cars and got taken advantage of by this scumbag. She's unemployed and going to go to school full time.

I texted him by asking if it's him (he doesn't know my number). He confirmed. So I told him in text what he did was wrong. No reply after that. I try to call and no pick up.

So I have his phone number and his address (moron sold it from his house). So what can I do to get back at this guy? I don't wanna do anything thing illegal. Just want to bother him a bit with the information I got.

His Fist name, his phone number, and his address.

Most Helpful Guy

• The first thing to do is ask for a refund. Take with you any ads for the car implying that the car was in good shape. If she spent a lot, you might consider getting a Carfax report or similar. Next check local laws
    There may be legal protections. next is your girlfriend of legal age? Finally tell him you're taking him to small claims. Hassle him within the law and he maypy just to get rid of you.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think that there's anything you can do about it, dude. It doesn't seem like he legally did anything wrong so you probably can't get the police involved. Best thing to do is try and see if he'll willingly have the car returned and if he won't, you leave him alone and move on and she can try not to fuck up again in the future.

• Unfortunately if you didn't have any papers legalized or signed etc you can't do much except for file it to the police potentially.

• That's why they say buyer beware. There's nothing you can do unless he willingly accepts a return. Don't turn this into a machismo thing and harass him. Call it a life lesson for her.

What Guys Said 7

• don't think there is anything you can do. seems like a legit sale, he never said it ran perfectly and had all engine checks good to go and recorded by official authorities.

most you can do is go to his doorstep with the car and politely ask for a refund, thats it. its his call.

• I guess I wasn't clear on that part. My bad. He did tell her the car runs perfecty and it was never in an accident. Turns out he lied and the wheels are misaligned because of a few bent (and expensive) parts which are caused by the getting T-boned.

• Well, I was kinda thinking of putting a phony love letter in there and get his wife all jealous. Or sending him a year subscription of gay porno mags.

• you can just TP his house and call it a day.

• Caveat Emptor! That means buyer beware. Probably not much you can do, but if it was in the UK, there are laws against making false claims when selling something. If it's described as "Perfect working order" and it clearly isn't, that's illegal and you can claim redress. May be the same where you live.

• Look into the lemon-laws in your state. Here in MA, the lemon-law applies to virtually all private party auto sales and states,

"The Used Vehicle Warranty Law requires private party sellers to inform buyers about any and all known defects which impair the safety or substantially impair the use of the vehicle. The law applies to all private party sales regardless of sales price or mileage. If you discover a defect that impairs the vehicle's safety or substantially impairs the use, and can prove that the seller knew about the defect but failed to disclose it, you may cancel the sale within thirty days of purchase. The seller must refund the amount you paid for the vehicle, less 15 cents per mile of use."

• You might be able to sue him; check the local laws. If he is a professional car salesman, then you definitely have a case. If this is a private sale, she is likely SOL because the sale is "caveat emptor".

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/caveat+emptor

• Well.. it's most likely sold as is and that really isn't illegal what he did.
    The best you can do is talk to him. There isn't much you can do legally.

• You haven't mentioned anything he did that was wrong.

• I forgot to mention the part where he told my girlfriend that there was nothing wrong with the car and it was clean. But it turns out it was T-boned some time before she bought it.

• Well next time say show me the car fax