How long could you honestly survive without your cell phone (or any other cell phone)?

• Honestly, I can't. It's 24/7 with me.
    23% (3)11% (3)15% (6)Vote
  • Under an hour
    0% (0)4% (1)2% (1)Vote
  • A few hours
    8% (1)7% (2)7% (3)Vote
  • A day
    15% (2)4% (1)7% (3)Vote
  • A couple of days
    15% (2)4% (1)7% (3)Vote
  • A week +
    39% (5)61% (17)54% (22)Vote
  • I don't have a cell phone, I survive just fine without one.
    0% (0)9% (3)8% (3)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
12|20

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as my health allows. I really use my cellphone for mostly emergencies only. Yes, I text but not much/often.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks very much for MHGO. I use it to communicate with family and friends, but otherwise it's for emergencies (medical, criminal, fire, etc).

Most Helpful Girl

• My cellphone is how I communicate with the people I care about. So thats what would make it impossible xD

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 19

• I rarely call or text. I just need the internet, really, but I could go without it for a few hours. Probably not more, as I need to check public transport etc. to actually get somewhere.

1|0
    0|0
  • Approximately 50-60 years, if my lifespan isn't cut short.

0|0
    0|0
  • Longest I went without a cell phone was 5 weeks because it was broken. It only sucked because I couldn't get in contact with people so I was pretty bored. People thought I fell of the face of the Earth, but what can ya do when you can't remember people's number ahaha

0|0
    0|0
  • I lived without one for 40 years...

0|1
    0|0
    • That doesn't quite hold up seeing as how a cell phone did not exist for a large portion of those 40 years. I mean people made due without cars before they existed too, but now most of us live a heck of a lot further from work/life stuff then a horse can take us in the same amount of time as a car.

• Show All
    • My point is you can't live without something that had not been invented yet. That's actually not possible. Now in terms of can you survive without a cell phone, of course you can. You can survive without the internet too... ask those people "off the grid." As much as I'd like to chuck my phone or I'm sure others would too, people's livelihoods sometimes depend on instant cell phone communication, doctors in particular use them, they have helped expose a lot in war times through instant communication, and of course, have saved A LOT of lives, more than any pay phone ever did in emergency situations. Now playing candy crush... I'd like to think people could survive without that!

• I understand, but I answered your original question.

I invite you to watch the very first episode from around 1978 a show called "Connections" with James Burke.
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connections_(TV_series)
      "The Trigger Effect" details the world's present dependence on complex technological networks through a detailed narrative of New York City and the power blackout of 1965. ...

• I could survive, quality of life would go down tho

0|0
    0|0
  • A few months no problem. Rarely use my phone. Prefer computers.

0|0
    0|0
  • I went a week without mine about two years ago. Best week of my life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cell phones have nothing to do with SURVIVAL. I could survive just fine.

But I'd be bored as hell and driven insane.

0|0
    0|0
    • Maybe for some they took it literally, but I meant figuratively. No one needs a phone to survive.

• I'd get bored within a couple hours without my phone. I'd at least have T. V. or my laptop.

But if there was NO technology, I'd get bored after like 2 minutes. 24 hours and I'd be clinically insane.

• Some people can survive without their phone for some days, because most calls are not important.

0|0
    0|0
  • https://imgflip.com/s/meme/DJ-Pauly-D.jpg
    Survive? I'd gladly get rid of it for all eternity if I knew my boss wouldn't go beserk.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish they would all just stop working.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have one i keept it with me wherever i go, but i dont really need it i can live without it as long as i have access to computer.

0|0
    0|0
  • for ever , only have is because i dont have a house phone

0|0
    0|0
  • I've gone over a week without it a few times

0|0
    0|0
  • A few months, I barely use it

0|0
    0|0
  • i dont have a cell phone i survive fine without it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I could live without mine, so long as I still had e-mail.

0|0
    0|0
  • Considering I didn't have one until a few months ago, I sometimes forget I even have one!

0|0
    0|0
  • Survive? I could survive the rest of my life without a cell phone. I wouldn't want to tho

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• I turned my cell phone off for a day. I had no trouble doing it, but when I turned it on afterwards I slightly regretted it.

Because it was at a time where I had been waiting to hear from someone I hadn't heard from in awhile, and they had sent me a text during the time period of my phone being off.

So when I got back to them, it took a bit before we were able to sit down and have the full discussion we needed.

Other than that... easy peasy. Just have to do it when I'm not anticipating or expecting anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, I can't. It's 24/7 with me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I soaked my phone over the summer and it took a few weeks to replace it. I was fine. Bored, but fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • do i still have facebook and ways to contact people?

0|0
    0|0
  • a week plus, i could survive my whole life without it. i don't even need it, i don't even know where it is at the moment, why did i buy that thing anyways...

0|0
    0|0
  • I went 6 months once. it was great!

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say a couple of days. I'm not dependent on my cell phone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't I hav a computer doe just for a game which I need music = my phone I could listen to music on my computer but it's pretty loud dubstep shit 😜

0|0
    0|0
  • I broke mine two weeks ago. It's nice not to have one honestly

0|0
    0|0
  • I got the laptop, I'm fine

0|0
    0|0
  • Half an hour

0|0
    0|0