Are there really restaurants with no suit/no dress shirt, no service?

I've been to some fancy restaurants in normal clothes, never seen a restaurant with this rule. If you have can you please name them.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that most of them are in tourist-y areas, y'know? Like near beaches and stuff like that or by hotels, that's where I've usually found them. Posh restaurants probably aren't gonna have those signs because that implies that their clientèle would be so common as to think that was acceptable :P

Most Helpful Guy

• Some fine restaurants have policies which allow patrons who are not dressed appropriately to be seated in their bar area. This gives the illusion that they do not enforce their dress code. An example of such a restaurant is Bern's Steak House in Tampa.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, I've been to them. It's called formal dining. I once went with a very wealthy man and the maitre d' made him adjust his wardrobe (he just had to put on his blazer).

What Guys Said 4