Guys, I asked my boyfriend to rate me and he said I'm an 8?

Should I be flattered or offended?

40

Most Helpful Guy

• Alright this is going to sound fucked up but whatever. I rate my girlfriend a 7 and it really doesn't mean anything, to me she is the best girl I've ever gotten. I'm actually the pretty one (usually get rated a 9) in the relationship and have gotten with much prettier girls than my girlfriend, but none of that matters. How much does it say that I'd rather be with my girlfriend than a girl who is a 10! My girlfriend is pretty enough for me to turn me on, when you're in a relationship no matter how good looking the other person is you get used to their beauty and in the end what really trully matters is how compatible your personalities are, that's what makes a relationship great and not some arbitrary rating system. Also, there's nothing wrong with being an 8, 8's get checked out all of the time ;).

What Guys Said 39

• Do you realize that an 8 is *significantly* above average?

Also, have you asked him what he thinks HE is? I doubt he think's he's a 10...

• An 8 is better than most girls out there. It means you're beautiful.
    You should never ask these kind of questions, you'd avoid situations like this one.

• An 8 is a very good rating anyway. I don't know how you could be offended at such a high rating.

Do you even realize that you set him up to fail? If he said a 10 you know he would have been lying. There was no right answer that you couldn't have turned into him being an asshole somehow. Don't ask him these kinds of questions. It is unfair to him.

• Well, do you honestly think you are a 9 or 10?

• bro don't take it seriously lol. he's with you isn't he

• Did u expect an 11?

• Nothing wrong with an 8...

• Neither. Flattered means U see yourself as less than an 8, and a girl who thinks she's not pretty when she is, is a turn off. Offended means U see yourself as more than you should, which is an even bigger turn off. Your boyfriend was being honest, U should be happy with that. An average girl is a 6 or 7, ur an 8! Regardless of what U or he thinks U are, he is with U, be happy.

• An 8 is way above average. Most of the girls i have dated I would say are a 7-8. With maybe one 9 and one 10 in there. 9's and 10's are rare.

• you should not ask a question if you dont want a truthful answer.

• Flattered, probably.

• If he were to say 10 then you'd call him a liar?

Questions with no way of positively answering...

• Exactly, lol. When you answer someone saying they're the most beautiful person you've ever seen they think you're lying. When you say something reasonable they think it means ugly. You can't win.

• Flattered. 8's damn hot.

• Well, would you rather have him lie to you?

• Offended, because your boyfriend is one person out of the whole world that should see you differently because he spends a considerable amount of time with you romantically. Basically having tunnel vision and should see you as a 11. I know I would

• 8 means very beautiful and hot.. so I don't think there is anything to be offended of..

• Eight is good.. Unless you're greedy

• you should be flattered

• It is impossible to know without seeing your photo.

• Flattered and kiss him.
    Then ask whom will you give 10 out of 10? If he says any other name then his mom...
    Get offended and break his teeth

• LOL you'd be offended for being a 8? I wish was an 8. by the way
    how shallow does someone have to be when they can't except
    being an 8 isn't good enough?

• 8 is solid

• OMG HUN YOUR A PERECT 10 LOL LMAO HAHAHA
    hun 8 is the perfect spot

• You should not be offended. You asked for his honest opinion and he gave it to you. I bet he thinks your out of his league.

• I can see how that might have come across...

• be happy and flattered.. but ask where the other 2 is gone? which part to improve to get that 10/10

• He was being too nice and polite

• Are you a 8?

• Lmfao 25-29 who does this? Why would this conversation come up is beyond me.

• At least he's not a liar

• More from Guys
    9