Would you say that I still have low self esteem?

I don't think I'm ugly at all. I think I'm average, but I get told that I'm attractive by people. Sometimes I get taken back by the compliment, because I don't hear it that often and I don't see it. I don't feel like I'm attractive, but fairly descent looking. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However, when I'm told this, I'm still skeptical. Like I feel like when people tell me this , they feel like I need a compliment. In other words, just being nice. Or they want something from me.

Most Helpful Guy

• That sounds slightly paranoid honestly, but it's hard to say from the limited information. Sounds like you you don't have major self esteem issues, but maybe a little!

Most Helpful Girl

• No, you're just modest

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• It doesn't mean you have low self esteem unless this makes you insecure. But if not it's totally normal to feel that way about ourselves, some people like us, some people don't, and we will never be able to know how we truly look to others.

• You are skeptical simply because you feel you don't deserve such praise accept it with good grace.