How impulsive are you?

From a scale from 1-10, how impulsive are you?
To be Impulsive= to act without really thinking, and following emotions instead (anger, joy, fear, etc)

Most Helpful Guy

• People always act on their emotions no matter how long they consider unless they are doing mathematical calculations. Even then the reason they are doing it comes down to an emotion.

Impulsive people act on the first emotion that come to them rather than allowing other emotions to come into play and inhibit the initial impulse.

Ideally a person should have both capabilities, the ability to act instantly when stopping to consider would alter the situation in a bad way and the ability to control their impulses and consider when that is the best course.

I've always thought of myself as a thoughtful person who considers things before acting but on the few occasions when instant action was called for I surprised myself by acting without any thought at all. It was like another person was in control of my body.

• yeah, it's true that emotions play a role on every decision we make. I was basically asking about the first emotion that arises. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Like a 4. I'm pretty emotional but I can usually reign everything in and make myself not do anything. I also have anxiety, so doing things spontaneously and without planning isn't really my thing :P

What Guys Said 6

• Usually I'm a 6 or so, but I have my moments when an emotion gets too overbearing so I prefer to walk away or become distant before I do something idiotic.

• lol I am sort of like you too

• Maximum 3... I'm a very calm person and generally overthink what I do :D

• so you mean you wish you were a bit more impulsive at times?

• No no, I like how I am... impulsive behavior leads to wrong decisions :o

• i try to be a 2 but dont always succeed

• what are you in general then?

• 3or 4 . i try to always think things threw before acting. because there is usually something unseen that i would like to account for

• ok :)

• I am not impulsive unless I am excited. Usually everything is thoroughly planned out in my head.

• I'd give myself a 4.

• very.

What Girls Said 4

• so-so!

• I impulsively got my hair done today.
    I've impulsively drove to Canada before.
    I've impulsively drove to Chicago before.

• I'd say I'm at a 3. I'm usually pretty in control of how I act.

• 8. I've impulsively dyed my hair an insane color, multiple times. I've impulsively drove across the country, impulsively punched someone in the face.. The list goes on