So what's your biggest fear? (if none from the above, pls specify) :)
I have three:
1. Being stabbed by a knife (or anything pointy) multiple of times *shudders*
2. Being forgotten
3. The past coming back to haunt me :/
- Losing your freedom17% (6)9% (3)13% (9)Vote
- Betrayal by a loved one8% (3)15% (5)11% (8)Vote
- Being unnoticed & eventually forgotten11% (4)12% (4)11% (8)Vote
- Leading a boring life14% (5)9% (3)11% (8)Vote
- Lack of financial stability/not successful3% (1)18% (6)10% (7)Vote
- Never being good enough28% (10)12% (4)20% (14)Vote
- Other- pls explain19% (7)25% (9)24% (16)Vote
4. being eaten alive by zombies
Most Helpful Girl
Well, basically, my life has been 41 years and 3 months of overall upward trajectory, pretty much. There've been ups and downs -- and there were years where I fought severe depression, and over 10 years of sleep deprivation so severe that several renowned medical professionals literally refused to believe the numbers -- but there hasn't really been ANY sustained interval of time where life was actually getting steadily WORSE.
In the words of that Browning poem, it still genuinely feels that "the best is yet to come", in just about every possible way-- personally, professionally, sexually, in terms of family, health... everything.
So... My greatest fear is that I'll actually pass "my prime" -- and actually be aware of it.
That I'll suddenly be aware that the best times are all behind me... and that, from point X onward, it's just gna get worse.
I have absolutely NO concern for whether I live a long life. Whenever something is reputed to "take N years off my life", my reaction is basically meh... and this is why.
If it's N years after that point-of-no-return, then, I'll gladly trade those years for whatever I can enjoy more fully in the present.1