Should I get an iPhone 6s or an Samsung Galaxy s7 edge?

I'm stuck and I don't know which phone I should get

• iPhone 6s
  • Samsung Galaxy s7 edge

Most Helpful Guy

• The Android vs. iPhone debate is as hold as the Android platform itself. And the general consensus has been the same ever since Samsung first came out with their Galaxy line (the only Android phones that can TRULY compete on level footing with the iPhone in every regard):

-Get an iPhone if you aren't particularly tech savvy and only use your phone for basic things. You're a lot more limited in what you can do, but there's also a lot less room to cause damage to the phone because those limitations prevent you from accessing the low level capabilities needed to do things you shouldn't be.

-Get an Android if you are tech-savvy and know your way around a computer fairly well. You can do a LOT more with Android and you can get a lot of things for free that you would have to pay for on iPhone. The Galaxy line of phones in particular tend to have more features than equivalent iPhones.

Don't bother getting an iPhone if you plan on "jailbreaking" it (unlocking it so that you can install apps and media files obtained from sources other than iTunes/App Store). By doing so, you are essentially negating every advantage it has over the Android.

There is an inherent problem with the current generation iPhone (6/6s) in that the overall build quality isn't what it was with the older 4/4s/5/5s. The newer phones are prone to getting extremely hot (to the point of overheating) and are extremely fragile compared to older generation models. My PERSONAL opinion is that if you're comparing current generation models, you should go Android regardless. From what it looks like, Apple recognizes their mistake and will be going back to a design more like that of the older models because of it. If you're in the market right now, however, do not look at a 6 or 6s. Get an Android, or if you're okay with an older generation phone, get your hands on an older 5s. Or wait another year before buying for the next generation iPhone to eventually come out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Apple products are horrible and force you to waste A LOT of money on only their products. Then you have to pay more to use apps that aren't with apple. So go with samsung.

What Guys Said 22

• 1|3
    • But the OP is a teen, she wants the brand recognition status of her peers. :-P

• @Prof_Don I know, I just have hope.
      Even the hipsters have iPhones.

• @Prof_Don And by the way, I'm a student, so I too see lots of teens every week.

• Get the iPhone. I had an Android phone and they seem to give more software problems than Apple phones do. I have had no problems with my Apple. Also there was a lot of useless apps on Android when I was on it and there is no useless apps on Apple (that I know of).

• That's because apple forces you to ONLY use their apps and you have to pay extra for them to even let you use other apps.

• Then you are a perfect iPhone user!

• @Pro_Don Yes, I am. Also I am not a person that hates Android. I can see Android has its strong points as well.

• Nowadays with smart phones, the available popular apps are all the same. I break down this Apple vs Android mobile device debate like this:

*If you just want something easy to use and stable (as in less crashes and glitches, less ) with a really high resale value and don't mind paying a premium price for all of the above, go for the iPhone

*If you want something that is more customizable with settings, more quirky technical abilities with the operating system, the ability to use an SD card to add more space, go for the Android

-----

I substitute teach middle school and high school, and I can honestly tell you that most high school students aren't "power users"; as in most don't do rooting, bit-tor-rent, emulators, non-app-store apps, etc. on their devices.

Most just some something to use social media apps, listening to music (streaming and actual music files), use messaging apps, texting, taking pictures and video, and the occasional phone call.

iPhones by far are the favorite over Android amongst your demographic for all the above, as well as for the "status symbol" that Apple products seem to have.

I say for your needs, get the iPhone.

• **easy to use and stable (as in less crashes and glitches, less security risks with hacks and theft protection)

• Get the EDGE!!!

I have an iphone 6 that i upgraded from the galaxy S3. I'm never getting another iphone again the galaxy is so much better.

Plus even if you take care of your phone apple makes it obsolete with updates that won't be compatible with it in a few years thus forcing you to buy a new phone regardless if the actual hardware still works fine.

• I totally forgot they do that! The only Apple device I owned is an iPod Classic, planning on getting a iPod 6th gen which has the current hardware chip inside so it will be current for a few years

• Depends on what you want on your device. Are you tech savvy, like customization, etc. Want freedom to your device but also ready to handle the hassle and consequences it may have? If so then an android is for you. If you want a more easy going, simple working phone. One that works, but limited your experience of customization and so on, then iPhone.

• I substitute teach teenagers and trust me, most of them aren't techy power users! Most just want something to take pics and video, music and social media.

• Despite handling apple products, and knowing they work, I have this senseless deep seated dislike of apple.
    And Samsung makes great products. Their top of the line is about as good as it gets.
    So I say Samsung.

• Go for iPhone. Android is riddled with bloatware, fake apps on the store, and is not that secure.

• I agree. There are lots of bad Apps on Android.

• The issue with Windows 10 is that it doesn't have most of the popular and useful mobile apps

• @Prof_Don Currently main issue is the stability of OS. At least for me. Apps are fine for me, it's got all I need but 10 isn't stable like 8.1. And they have fucked up auto mode in Windows Camera.

• As if those were the only phones on the damn market. -_-

I use an LG Nexus 5X. But the LG G4 is more powerful.

The S7 Edge is waterproof. Don't know if you need that. Samsung tends to be sluggish, because their custom UI is a bloated piece of garbage.

• Oh yeah... and I hate iPhone with passion.

• don't we all hate iPhone with passion
      they do nothing

• @Bloopy they are horrible.

• Get the biggest screen you can so you can use it to type on Girls Ask Iron Man

• Just lol if you don't have a Samsung, omg just lol

• The S7 edge at this point is miles better than iphone 6s, HOWEVER, the comparison really comes down to the software. Based on that go with iphone 6s hands down.

• yup it's all about simplicity and security vs. customization and openness, and most people aren't techy enough to care about the latter. Like some people said some people care about something doing the basics really well.

• If you get a Samsung - don't get an Edge.

• I have an s7 edge. I phones are garbage, Apple is garbage. The edge is an amazing phone with a lot of power.

• Get S7 Edge. iPhone 6s is good but get it only if you have money to waste.

• Definitly Galaxy S7, so much better spec wise plus the price is a lot lower. BUT If you are a show-off person (and rich) then go with Apple, like most dumb people do.

• If you are in rush Get the iPhone 6s if not wait till the release of the new iPhone 7 in Sep.

• I will go with apple

• They're both good choices. I'd go iPhone only because I prefer Apple.

• Neither of these. Get a OnePlus X, or a Nexus 6P.

• Wait a couple months and then get the newer model you never know

• Android is a better operating system by far.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 8

• This is an age old argument.. It will never be settled as the fans are fenatics. I have an IPhone 6. I'm happy with it. My friends have Samsung and they are happy with theirs.
    Try them both at the store then pick the one you find most user friendly.

• galaxy is more handy but i voted for apple just because i dont like the samsung's emojis. emoji means a lot to me, its very important i always use it to ccommunicate with people
    but other than that, galaxy is great, im using galaxy myself

• Loyal Samsung customer here - love their phones. I want the s7 so bad because it's supposed to me waterproof but my s6 is pretty new yet so I can't justify it haha

• Get the galaxy.

• Samsung Galaxy s7 edge

• What do you want the phone for?
    Which of those two fits better with what you want?

• iPhone 6s all the way! that's what I have and I adore it!! i like it in rose gold too😊

• iPhone 6s i have it and he's really cool