Would you be able to repress your feelings for someone but still be around them?

If you had strong feelings for someone would you be able to make yourself ignore them or make them go away so that you could still be around the person?

Most Helpful Guy

• Currently, have this dilemma now:

Our team just hired a fairly attractive girl on our team in the office; I'm developing some feels for her cause we're flirting back and forth which needs to stop.

I know better than to date an immediate co worker; there are plenty of other attractive ladies in the building I'm not working with that I should pursue instead of her.

These things do require self control, which is what I'm practicing now.

What Guys Said 2

• For only so long. It will either cause a relationship to end when the feelings come bursting out, or you will be miserable the rest of your life. Therefore, it is best to be in a relationship in which you can be yourself. If you can't be yourself, then what's the point? You'll be happier being free and not in a relationship than being in a relationship which requires you to repress your feelings.

• i can't do that. i tried it in my younger years but its not something im willing to do in my adult life.

What Girls Said 1

• I'd try... But that's hard to control.