How can I avoid atheists?

I have some girl acquaintances who try to befriend with me. I don't want to hurt or offend tham but I really avoid atheists in general. I know they always bring up religion. And my faith is smth I never talk about with anyone. Besides atheists girls are not moral according to my moral code. I am repeating ACCORDING TO MY MORAL CODE. Did you understand? MY moral code. I am not saying they are immoral as a fact. I am sayong they are immoral ACCORDING TO MY MORAL CODE.
Not to mention atheists guys lol. Most guys that asked me for date were atheists lol

• ignore them
  • tell them you can't be friends
  • try to get to know them

Most Helpful Guy

• instead of trying to avoid atheists, if anyone brings up religion, just say you don't wanna talk about it.

What Guys Said 22

• St. Francis of Assisi said "Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words." That means that you should live your life as an example to others. Your life cannot be an example to those who most need good examples if you hide from non-believers. That dos not mean that you should date someone who does not accept your religious beliefs.

• Most atheists go out of their way to avoid discussing religion with believers. It really serves no point to do so unless the believer brings the subject up first. On the other hand, when I meet someone who is a believer for the first time, it's not unusual for one of the first questions I am asked to be, "What church do you attend?" When I tell them I'm an atheist, there's a 50/50 chance I'll be subjected to proselytizing (as if I've never heard of God or Jesus or the Bible before) or at the very least, I'll get a strange look from them as if I just landed from Mars.

• Just don't tell them it's not their business. I say I was raised Catholic and move on. The only people I tell I'm atheist are the door knockers makes them move on real quick.

• Contrary to most religious people, most atheists don't talk about religion as long as you don't bring up the topic. I have friends who are somewhat religious and I couldn't care less because they never talk about it. I find it silly and stupid but I have my opinions and they have theirs.
    Why would you have a moral code according to which women are bad? Is that some kind of masochist thing going on there?

• Like I said they bring up religion not me. I have moral code for people who I choose to hang out with

• That's not a given. I choose my friends based on common interests and whether I find them fun, smart and kind people.

• And I still don't quite understand why a woman would believe that women are bad...

• Do whatever the hell you want, most atheists don't care about you being religious. I have noticed that it's mostly religious people who bring up faith all the time, not atheists.

• Ugh, this again? In what ways do these conversations start? Did they bring up religion after your mention of your moral code? Please be specific.

I was the past president of our local atheist group and I've been a member of several other groups and been to a few conventions. You must have experienced an extreme anomaly because I have never met an atheist who went out proselytizing about non-belief. It's just not something we do. Any time I've seen a debate about religion vs. atheism, it's always been the believer who started the subject.

• Don't ignore aetheists, people that shove atheism down your throat are just as bad as tho use who do the same religion.
    I'm aeithest and I have tons of Religious friends. I think you need to ignore dicks, not aethiests.

• Not all atheists will bring up religion, only the annoying ones or the revolted ones. I normally don't talk about religion at all to people. If you wanna follow a religion it's your business, it should be respected.

• Spend all your time at church.

• That won't work. There are many atheist there among them and I am one.

• @sjoes006 lol funny comment

• The same way you do it with other religion. If you don't like Christian then just tell them you don't date Christian. You don't need to tell them you have the MORAL CODE that Christian is IMMORAL according to your CODE.

• Ignore them they will get the point its not that hard, act like your always busy

• Just get to know them, not all atheists are combative religion-haters.

• if i avoided atheists i would have to avoid my self.

• well what you wanna do is buy some private land and learn to be self sufficent then cut off form the rest of thw world OR OR you can learn to acept that people have different views from you :P

• You can change the topic if it comes to religion, and if you don't insist on telling them they're breaking your moral code they won't say anything about their faith.

• i can't speak for all atheists but in my case talking about beings i dont give 2 shits about isn't my kind of conversation

• then don't have them... but then your bible or koran says to love everybody..

or you attract atheists who are rude and lack tact...

• Don't you think it's bad when religion separates people though?

• we choose our friends.

• Make your friends at church

• I'm a Christian and most of my friends are atheists. Not militant just agnostic like they don't really care about religion. But as people they are still friendly and have potential so I still talk to them.

• The same way I try to avoid stupid religious freaks - with a flame thrower

• How about not judging people? Especially based on their religion.

What Girls Said 14

• You're judgmental. I am open to all and I respect peoples beliefs even if it differs from my own.
    Not all atheists are the same as you're making them out to be.
    To answer your question , just be upfront about what you feel towards her and atheists in general.
    To me, it sounds like discrimination because you're willing to avoid a whole group based on how you think they are.

• I make it my Own Policy to Never Point fingers and I try not to Discuss Religion and politics if I do not have to.
    Be civil here, dear, no need to Explain what your intentions are. Just go about your business and they will take the Helpful Hint when you are not chummy chums with them that you are Not Into... Any of them.
    Good luck. xx

• You can't really, the same way we can't avoid you. It's part of being civil and living in a world of people with different opinions. Either be rude and be a dick to those around you or realise that you can still be friends even if you don't follow the same religion.

• talking to them and being friends with them are not the same thing.

• You're only robbing yourself if you try to avoid her. I surround myself with a colorful group of people. Our differences are how we learn from one another. Your beliefs are your beliefs and if they are strong they are only strengthened by being exposed to those who think differently.

If you have faith that what you believe is right then you shouldn't fear being exposed to those who think differently. Those differences will make you stronger.

• If you don't discuss your faith with anyone, why is it so important for you to avoid atheist girls? I could understand if you had a great interest in talking about your religion, but if you don't, what's stopping you from being friends with them? They all don't always bring up religion, in fact as an atheist, I avoid talking about it like the plague.

But hey, it's your loss. You could be missing out on a great friendship simply because you can't accept that some people don't believe in God.

• Are you a Christian? I think if you are Christian, you should realize that God loved everyone. And I think Jesus was setting an example of how we should treat others. You may not agree with their views, but you need to love them regardless. I had an athiest friend who was offensive to my faith. But through our friendship, I learned a lot not only why she's the way she is, but also how strong I can be and how weak I can be in certain situations. Despite how offensive she was, I worked really hard to forgive her

• I am a Christian and I am friends with a lot of atheists. I have no problem with them as long as they respect my beliefs and don't demonize religious folks. As for dating, I think you are making the right choice. I wouldn't be comfortable dating someone who doesn't share the same core values and beliefs as mine.

• I can't see why it would be wrong to be friends with atheists, as long as u dont bring up the topic it should be completely fine. God is super important in my life, but i dont talk about my faith with people and i have heaps of atheist friends.
    if someone does bring up the topic, then fine, u dont need to agree with them and they dont need to agree with u, as long as u guys respect each other's beliefs, is all good.

• try to get to know them! I know an atheist he Used to hate my religion but now he changed he's trying not offend my religion & I don't offend his atheist belief. We just got a deal after 6 month fighting

• ignore them if you are serious about it, you should know that it's easy to befriend people of a different religion while not talking about said religion.

• I believe in God strongly. I do. But their are some good people out there who happen to be athiest. I'm friends with one of them. When it comes to the topic of Religion we just don't talk about it and respect each other.

• Who says you have to talk about faith?

• I never talk about my faith

• Thats my point, you dont have to talk about religion or whatever to this atheist

• Stop being so closed minded. People are able to be friends regardless of religion.

• I think your lying. No atheist would bring it up and your so called moral code sounds like bullshit. People like you are ruining this world and that's the reason for wars. You can have your own opinion on things but don't make it change other people's. It's kinda perthic that your even thinking about not talking to atheists.

• I am not lying. They always bring up my faith both in real life and online