Do you get distracted easily? How can I be more focused?

For every 10 minutes I study, I get distracted for an hour! I'm distracted by pretty much everything, and it started in UNI, I was usually a focused student ugh >:(

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah like if im talking and i see a cartoon playing somewhere I'll stop and check it out. then I smell pizza and i chase that smell and somehow find myself at frozen yogurt.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have the exact same problem! Sometimes i put music, it helps me coz like.. I'm singing while doing my assignments haha but when I have to study, is sooooo hard. Going to the library helped me a few times, coz i see people studying and feel guilty if I dont do the same xD

What Guys Said 25

• Perhaps you need more imagination applied to your studies. If the act of studying is pointless to you, you won't be able to focus easily. For example, if studying history, imagine yourself as a participant of the events described. If studying chemistry, imagine yourself as a molecule and what happens to you. If reading literature, add yourself as one of the characters. You will still be distracted but at least the studying would get done.

• Not a chance! I'm always perfectly focu... oh look! A kitten!

• That's my life every day!! Help me Sarra! D:
    I feel like I need to go out in the woods with no internet and just study for like 8 hours lol

• Sometimes only if I am on my computer, but I've gotten used to it I am not really like that now. You just have to go somewhere quiet with very few things around you.

• I know how you feel. I am the same. People doing things around me distract me. The worst thing for distracting me was the fact there was so many attractive girls at my UNI. LOL

• We have to break out the carrot and the stick technique - Even small things say if I study for 3 hours straight I can go across the road to the cafĂ© for a coffee and a creamy bun - If I study hard and do a little extra each night, I can take a day off to go out or just spend it on the sofa with popcorn watching box sets.

• The ability to stay focus or get distracted depends on you. It is a form of inner energy you have to develop.

• It depends on my interest in what I'm doing. When I'm studying history, for example, I focus 100%. When I was in High School and being forced to study Math, anything could drive my attention away.

• Suffering from this, this very moment. I have three tests this upcoming week and I am doing a bunch of other shit I shouldn't. I like to excuse myself saying I do it because I study the best when I'm under pressure, but it seems as just a bullshit excuse as time goes by haha

• Haha we have something in common... I'm also easily distracted and often absent minded :o
    And there's little to do about it... my short term memory is weak whereas my long term memory is extremely reliable!

• welcome to my life

• cdn.zmescience.com/.../chewing-gum.jpg
    I heard that chewing gum while studying helps.

• Yeah so then so something about it like turn off your phone and laptop, have a set time schedule.

• Yeah I know how you feel this a problem with me to sometimes I can get soo easily distracted.

• @ElissaDildo well it's all about talking to someone or taking a look over the phone, if you get away from the people and stay in silence, you'd be able to be more focused over the lectures.

• Yes and I know the reason cuz of it... my phone! Its this attention I need you friend which keeps me disracted most of the time. I tried to put it on silenced mode, but Im so used to check every 10 mins that it doesn't work 😑

• Distracted is like my middle name. i have the attention span of a toddler

• because you are in love haha

• Switch off your mobile focus on your books you wouldn't be distracted then.

• I think you're out of your teenage or what? There are some symptoms of getting lazier

• Don't watch porn lol

• Turn off your phone.

• Tell me when you find out.

• Keep looking at me, you will be focused for sure. 😂

• Lack of interest in your coursework or a lack of vision on what you intend to do after you graduate.

What Girls Said 9

• I keep going back to the first words of the first economics class I attended:
    Need vs. Want

Simple as that. At every juncture your mind side steps, ask yoursef: Do I need to do this? Or do I just want to do it?
    And always prioritize the need.

You can apply this to save up money too. When you go to the market and end up buying stuff, right when you pick up an item, ask yourself: Do I need this? Or do I just want it?

• Yeah, studying is boring as hell.
    That happens to me as well.
    Your best bet is to turn off all electronics.
    There really is no other choice, or go to a library to be in a different zone altogether.

• my biggest problem...
    I guess it s setting your goals.
    like picture yourself acing a test or smthng, you ll feel great and it would motivate you to work ^^
    good lck :)

• Having adhd plays a role in my lack of focus ability. Only way I can focus majority of the time is if there is dead silence. Even then my own thoughts will distract me and then I won't be able to focus for the rest of the day.

• the great magic of gag!

• I do, and I usually listen to music all the way up to focus on whatever im doing better

• I'm so easily distract I went to town this morn to pick up one thing & I came home empty handed. lol hahaha

• Yes I do. Very easily distracted.

• I get distracted easily when it comes to doing my homework, studying, or if I'm bored.