Can you forgive people easily?

or is it difficult for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• depends what they did.

it makes it harder for me to not forgive a girl if she's just cute af

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends, I could never forgive any kid of betrayal, because i value loyalty to much!! Loyalty is paramount to me.

I do tend to forgive most things though. If someone i care about hurts me , then i try to look beyond the hurt , and try to have some insight into why they did what they did , or said what they did. There's always underlying reason for someone's actions /behaviour

Sometimes i do things and say things to hurt people, although it's unintentional. So i would hope the same people would extend forgiveness to me at times too

What Guys Said 21

• Depends on what they did and if they tried to make it right. People undervalue trying to right wrongs or hurting others. A late apology after the fact, with no change of behavior or effort to make up for what they did is really in a lot of ways selfish. Because they're not coming to you for how they made you feel. It's not about you at all. It's about how now they feel bad, whether it be regret or guilt and by asking for your forgiveness "they" can feel better about it. It's about them.

If I really love someone whether it be a girlfriend, family, best friend then it's easier.

• No, I cannot do that, I can't forget things easily. In fact as a choice I don't forgive people after all forgiveness is also a choice.

It also depends on the situation

• I don't have a problem forgiving. I just try to look at things from their point of view and realize everyone has different experiences and ideas that make them think how they do. Plus, it's healthier for you to forgive as well. However, just cuz I forgive doesn't mean I always forget. I will not hold it against someone like a weapon cuz that means you didn't really forgive in the first place, you deceived them using forgiveness as a tool to get what you want.

• It depends vastly on the situation. Is there a specific instance you are dealing with?

• Really depends on the transgression. But as I've gotten older and wiser (hopefully) I've gotten more forgiving. But as I said it depends on what you are being asked to forgive. I know holding grudges, anger or resentment towards people just usually leads to stress that is not good for anyone. Sometimes forgiveness is the best course of action.

• I forgive easier than i used to, I used to be the type who SAYS that I forgive you but hold on to a grudge for awhile

• Depends what they did If its the big one know

• I don't forgive people easily at all. It takes me a long time to trust someone so if they end up doing something to me it's basically impossible for them to regain my trust and be forgiven

• Haha, I might ignore, but I don't forget.

• Forgive, don't forget.

• 100% depends.

I'll give the pricks a second chance.

• its very difficult for me, i often leave from their life.

• It depends on what they did. I do forgive but I dont forget.

• noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• I forgive but I don't forget and I don't trust those people again

• Yes, forgiven. But not forgotten.

• People do i dont also i have seen a lot people who are this way. So yes some do some not

• it is difficult for me to forgive people. If they done good or bad things to me..

• no
    never. I'm a very bitter person. I take things that doesn't concerns me too very personally.

• No, its difficult

• I always forgive, I just never forget.

What Girls Said 15

• I don't hold a grudge.
    I stay angry for a while... but I eventually get over it.
    That's only IF i had a significant relationship with the person beforehand.
    However, if we are talking about someone I barely know that acted terrible towards me, I NEVER will forget or allow myself to be in that situation again.
    I may be "kind" with them (as a way to act professional---depending on if this is in the workplace), but my guard will always be up.

• It's hard.

• If the person is sincere and truly sorry, then yes I do forgive easily :)

• I forgive WAY too easily.

• Yes super easily. I won't hold grudges.

• No it's hard for me.

• If i deeply cared about someone who hurt/ lied to me, I find it very difficult to forgive. However, if I wasn't that bothered about someone who hurt me, yeah at the click of a finger I forgive them!

• I try to!

• I do and this is why i get hurt so easily, i am so nice it's bad for me

• I forgive easily but don't ever forget.

• Yes I forgive very easily

• Depends.

• Forgive yes
    Forget, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Depends on what the person did.

• Eh, depends what they did.