Do you really expect everyone to be ok with your life decisions?

Why do you you believe you can do everything you want and expect everyone to accept what you've done?

There's people that sleep around with dozens and dozens of guys/girls and then get mad and insult those that don't agree with their actions.
People that have cheated on their exes and expect everyone to be ok with that and give them a chance.

Do people even realize that not everyone is gonna be ok with everything you do, and that doesn't make them a bad person?
Seriously, what's up with all these people so insecure they have to shame others that have different views?
If you're afraid of what others may think, don't do anything, and if you still decide to do it, then shut up and let people think what they want.

Most Helpful Girl

• Last time I checked,
    the only person I needed to consult with was myself.
    I'm okay with my past actions, and if someone else isn't okay with it, that's fine because I don't need their approval.
    The sad thing is,
    Half of these people showing judgment towards other peoples actions don't have a clean slate themselves.
    They've done things they aren't proud of.
    But there they will stand before you acting as if they are a saint and as lived their life the right way.
    As long as you are human you make mistakes and bad choices.
    Those that are truly strong and powerful will admit to it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope I don't because honestly not everyone is going to agree with you there will always be someone who disagrees with you about something whether it's a topic your talking about or a decision your making in your life.

Just live your life and don't let the opinions of others affect how you live your live unless those opinions are actually valid.

What Girls Said 18

• How dare you and everyone else not think I'm perfect? so fuckin rude, ale.

But nah. I know my actions are goin to piss some people off, which is why I pick who I would rather disappoint and piss someone off who means less to me than someone who means something more to me.

You know?

• I think most people simply expect, quite reasonably, not to be shamed for their choices unless they're hurting anyone

• Shaming is not ok, that I agree on, but disagreeing doesn't always mean shaming.

• Yeah well most of the time that's how it comes across... if someone didn't specifically ask for your opinion on their decisions, expressing your disagreement is unnecessary. Unless they're hurting others, keep your nose out of it.

• oh if I cared my life would be so different haha. I dont care when people disagree with me because is my life and my choices. Im so glad I didn't hear all that bunch of negative people that tried to change me coz my life is freaking awesome atm. What bothers me is when people judge ur decisions and try to bring u down, saying things like u are not capable of achieving things, your future is gonna be terrible, this decisions are not gonna take u anywhere and stuff like that, I dont appreciate those comments lol

• I've learned to stop expecting others to do the right thing. People fuck up and they do stupid shit and they live and they learn and life goes on.

I try not to judge or condemn others for their past decisions. I'm also pretty open to others lifestyles. Live and let live

• lol your sassiness is just fantastic <3

• it goes both ways though...
    there is a difference in disagreeing and shaming.
    Of course I won t expect people to agree with all my choices but I am at least required to have the liberty and respect to do as I please as long as I am not stepping on someone else's' rights.

• Yeah, but I'm not talking about shaming, I'm talking about people that demand that others agree with what they do.
      I know some shame and that's wrong, but that's not the issue of this post.

• well obviously I don t agree lol.
      that s hypocrisy.

• Meh about 85 perfect of the people in America probably think I am doing everything wrong!

• I don't expect people to be okay with it, everyone is different and have different standards/expectations but I expect people to respect my decision.

• Key word's... MY LIFE! lol I wouldn't give two flying horse's asses what other think or expect of MY LIFE. I can't live my life happily if I do with it as other's intended. If they don't like it they... better call Saul lol

• Lol I agree completely. They ask for your opinion & when you tell them your thoughts they try to convince you otherwise. Really they're only interested in hearing the opinions of those who agree with them. Makes me wonder why they bother asking at all.

• Exactly. Don't ask if you just want people to say what you wanna hear.

• Nope I'm sure majority of people in the world wouldn't agree with majority of the things I've done. Even if it's something good people would still hate on it because people love to hate on others.

• I don't expect everyone to be okay with my decisions. If they are someone i'm close with i would respect them for telling me what they think and maybe even take it up for consideration, because i believe they want what's best for me. If we're not close i couldn't care less about their opinion if i didn't ask for it.

• is this a rethorical question?
    Of course there will be a lot of people that do not agree with your life decisions. Even your loved ones or close ones. In my opinion you should just embrace yourself.
    If it are bad things that youve done, hurt others, or something, you'll just have to deal with the consequences. I believe thats called carma.
    The best thing to do is of course not hurting others and treat others how you would like to be treated

• Unfortunately it's not rhetoric. See, I keep reading people's opinions here and it seems like they believe everyone has to be ok with what they've done.
      There was a post from a girl that complained that her boyfriend didn't accept the fact that she has slept with lots of dudes, 3 of them were in the guy's football team. People were saying that he should accept what she's done and that he's a jerk, and other kind of insults cause she didn't like what his girlfriend did.

• sometimes humanity should just be illegal, sometimes I dont want to live on this planet anymore

• No... My parents don't really approve with what I've done with my life. I know they want what's best for me but I won't be able to enjoy and live my life if I'm constantly pleasing them. You know?

• It's not you doing what they want you to do, but demanding that they accept everything you've done.

• Only my parent, I ask them always cause I know they are always right, alone i tend to do bad descison and go into trouble

• No my mother hates some of my dicisions.

• lol i dont care people can think what the want about me

• you don't have to be ok with it but you should respect others and that goes for those on both sides

What Guys Said 6

• This is one of those "what is the real question?" kinds of questions.

To put it another way, what happened that prompted this post?

To answer generally: People can do whatever they want and I will accept them as long as nobody gets hurt. In the examples you cite, someone gets hurt.

• This question was asked because I keep seeing people expecting others to accept everything they've done, and that's not how things work, you can't expect everyone to be ok with your actions, cause people are gonna disagree.

• Everybody has different morals and values, right? Are you expecting everyone to agree that we're all going to disagree?

I know what you mean, though. There is a terrible "if you don't support me in everything I do, you're not a real friend" thing going on. It probably isn't anything new. Unfortunately sometimes the only people with the cache and credibility to tell you the terrible truth are your best friends, if only they had the (girly-) balls.

• It is especially bad, or perhaps more pronounced, in social media like GAG.

• The thing is that people love to correct others like they are their personal bitch. Lol i usually fuck with them.

• To be blunt, most people don't want to hear the negatives of said life decisions.

• Agreed, which just shows immaturity, cause the first thing you gotta know about life, is that you're 100% responsible of your actions, and that those actions aren't always gonna be seen in a positive way by others.

• What's weird is that I do want to hear the negatives about me. I love the harsh criticism and tbh, nobody has really said too harsh of things about me which frustrates me. I want to improve myself as much as possible in any aspect.

• I do not need someone's approval of my life. I know my strengths and weaknesses. I do not care about the past, only the future that way that I want it to be.

• Right. Besides, you do what you want and what can people do about it? Nothing. They'll just complain and won't be able to do shit to change your decisions. So why care

• If you can please others with your choices then that's a bonus but try and make your own desicions.