How do you deal with anxiety and depression?

So i have both, which i'm really struggling to deal with. One minute i'll care so much what people think or i'll worry that i'm a freak and not good enough and i'll end up alone forever and the next i'm thinking fuck this who gives a shit i don't care about anyone or anything.
I've had problems in the past with cutting myself which i seem to have stopped now, though the urges are there. I have a really strong support system of family and friends, but i still feel empty and alone dispite everyone's tries. I think everyone's given up with my now because they're fed up on my problems and mood swings.
I'm just sick of every night being stuck between feeling worthless and unwatned and wanting to end my life and then being worried about the future and if i'll ever be anything. I just want to know if other people experience this and if so how do you deal with it?
I've tried an inspiration wall, but that doesn't seem to help. I've also tried to exercise more and adopt a posotive mind frame, but nothing seems to be working.

Please, can someone offer any help?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been exactly where you are. I know the pain that you're going through and I'm so sorry that you're having to go through it alone. Please know that you are NOT alone!!! My first bit of advice is to sit down and write a list of things you like to do. I know when you're depressed this seems stupid and you feel like there's nothing to write down... But really think about it. Think back to a time when you were happy. Painting, writing, dancing, playing an instrument, hiking, reading, knitting, making jewelry? It can be anything that makes you happy. Even if you only write down one thing its okay. Tomorrow, you're going to do that one thing for at least half an hour. Do it whether you want to or not set a timer. We often end up stuck in our own minds going in circles so doing something we enjoy takes us out of what some people would call their personal dungeon.

Second piece of advice. Start a journal. It's important that you write at the end of each day. At least try it for a week. You don't have to commit to it just try it for a week. Getting things out of your mind and onto paper allows your mind to relax. It kind of clears the slate. At the end of each journal entry (you can write about your day, your emotions, if you're angry write a letter to someone with no intentions of sending it) it's important to think of three things you're grateful for. Gratitude is an amazing thing. Write three positive things that you're happy about it can be about life in general or about something that happened that day but three things!

Anxiety is horrible. I still struggle with it from time to time. It's different for every person. What helps me is to get up in the morning and go for a walk. No headphones or anything just listen to the sounds of the world around you. Find a nice bench in a park to sit on and look up at the sky. Feel your feet in the ground, the seat beneath you, close your eyes and hear the birds, smell the air and just be present for that moment. Living in the moment is very, very important. I cannot put enough emphasis on this. There is nothing you can do about yesterday. The good thing about tomorrow is that there's another one coming. The exciting part is that with the choices you make today (hopefully positive ones) it shapes your tomorrow... and the beauty of this all is that it lies in the palm of your hand... YOU create your own tomorrow.

There are so many other things I could go on about. Don't be so hard on yourself friend.

What Guys Said 3

• I see a psychiatrist and take meds for it

• Get professional help.

• see a psychiatrist and a therapist and get it diagnosed and treated

What Girls Said 1

• I totally feel the same I have both.. I thought of suicide and cutting my self but I'm too afraid and make me feel awful I do wanna do it to my self and too scared to tell my mom about suicides and cutting I don't even want to admit I'm depressed but I am and tear up cuz it had to happen to me and I found out I hav truly hav depression from my.. Therapist today :((