Is it okay to post pictures of your children in the bathtub on social media?

• It's fine, as long as no private parts are showing.
  • It's not okay. There are a lot of perverts out there.
  • I'm not sure.

Most Helpful Guy

• This may be the source of so many kids killing their parents. They find those pictures and it is bye bye mom and dad.

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally wouldn't post such pics. In general I don't think I'd post many/any pics of my hypothetical kids on social media. Bath tub pics and such belong in photo albums in my opinion (and no, not facebook photo albums, but actual physical photo albums), even if private parts aren't showing. I still think it's a bit too much. There are a lot of perverts out there indeed and in general I think it's iffy to share a bunch of pictures of your young kids on social media. If social media had been around when I was little, I wouldn't have been very happy to find out years later that my parents shared pics of me in a bath tub publicly etc. You have to take your kids into consideration and ask yourself if this is something you think they'd be ok with in the future. Most probably, they would think it's embarrassing.
    I think it would be much easier to just let them grow up and decide for themselves if they want to share any baby pictures online. That way it won't be as dangerous, in terms of pedophiles and such, plus it will be on their own terms as well. Some think it's funny and cute, others don't.
    I'm also a very private person in general so I don't think I'd really feel the need to constantly post pictures of my family and my kids on social media. I'd rather make my own photo albums and show them to my friends and relatives when they come over, instead of just letting whoever I'm friends with on facebook see absolutely everything. I just don't see the point in letting everyone know that my kid had a bath on Sunday at 9:32 am.

What Guys Said 17

• I literally never even considered that pedos would be getting off to naked babies. They're just naked babies. That thought didn't even enter my brain. If you really want to go there, then I guess some pedo might get a hold of them and wank their junk. The thought is pretty revolting, so if you're the type of person who would think about that, then yeah, don't put them up.

If it's just to your FB wall, and only your friends can see; well, I would hope that you don't befriend pedos. In that case, I don't see a problem with it.

Of course, something a lot of people don't realize is that the internet is like a big, open square. It is one big public space. You can try to hide, you can make it harder for people to find your shit--but they can find your shit if they decide to. Just ask Jennifer Lawrence's pussy.

Anything on the internet is up for grabs. Anyone can find anything. Just depends on how much resources they want to invest in finding it. But if you want to use that logic, then you shouldn't keep any pictures on your PC, either.

• "I would hope that you don't befriend pedos." That's difficult to prevent. Some pedophiles hide it well. It could even be a member of someone's family. Maybe they're an uncle or cousin, and is attracted to a much younger relative. Or, maybe they also have children. They are everywhere, in disguise.
      Asker, I would seriously suggest that you don't risk it. Don't post videos or pictures of your children. You can always take them for memories and keep it somewhere, but the media isn't the place for sweet memories. Even something as simple as kids playing in their swimsuits can be seen by pedophiles, and they get off on that sh*t.

• I think people need to be careful about posting pictures of their kids in general. It is a kind of public exposure that could endanger them. Posting partially nude photos of kids is definitely unwise.

• yep.

I don't ever post ANY pictures of my children on social media, EVER.

Because fuck data-mining programs, and auto-tagging, and all that shit.

• @redeyemindtricks My girlfriend surfs Facebook quite a bit and mentioned a case of a very young girl who was abducted after her parents plastered her picture on the site. I don't consider Facebook a reliable news source but the threat is certainly real.

• I voted for the second option. However the reason you gave isn't really why. It's a concern, but for the most part I just think your child wouldn't appreciate naked pictures of themselves on the internet regardless of perverts/etc.

You're posting a naked picture of someone else on he internet without their permission. My vote has nothing to do with the fact that they're a child.

• I don't see why not, as long as it's censored. I don't post much on facebook away, but whether children are naked or not, I don't think it makes a big difference to those perverts...

• Well I guess there are no laws that say you can not do that, but to me it would be a very dumb idea to do it.. and it would make me wonder if the person that did it has any real morals at all

• I do not have a problem with it, but brace yourself for the social justice warrior crybullies to claim that you are making and distributing child pornography.

• Why would you plaster your children all over the internet to begin with? They could be fully clothed and it still seems like a horrible idea, but you want to take it a step further and catch them naked in the bathtub... I mean really, why?

• How would you feel if someone video taped you without your consent while you were taking a dump and plastered it all over youtube. Then years later you found out about it?

• I don't even have any kids.

• I'm calm, I'm just making you aware of how fucked up it is.

• Depends, are you okay with old ass pedophiles capping on those pics?

• It depends on the audience, is your account public, or is it mostly for close friends and family?

• It's really weird. Don't do it.

• I don't see a problem with it, as long as they're not showing their "parts"

• In this day and age, it's just better not to

• It's not okay to have kids! There are a lot of perverts out there.

• Having children and exposing them to pedophiles are two completely different things. They have a chance to protect their children. I hope they make the right decisions.

• if you are a sick-fuck, then yes, it's okay, otherwise fuck-NO!

• no, pervo bait

• To risky, dat dere pedos

• No because once it's on the Internetit's always out there

What Girls Said 14

• To each their own.
    I like to give my kid the opportunity to say if he wants his photo posted.
    Since he isn't old enough to make that decision (with wisdom), I'll wait until he is.
    Why should I automatically take that right?
    I don't agree with this "much show every aspect of my life generation", call me old fashioned but I believe in keeping some things private or for family members only.

• Those kids would have to live with knowing their naked bums are on the internet from when they were little. That's a horrible thing to do to them.

• Ffs. FFS. People have been showing pictures of their naked children running around, taking baths, rolling in mud, eating dog food, all kinds of stuff for decades. Use some fucking discretion and common sense. If you're friends with a bunch of pervert pedos and for some reason cannot set your profile on private then don't post them. If you're friends with a bunch of super crazy "baby rights matter call social services this is child pornography this lady is a baby pimp" types, don't post them.

• fine with me as long as nothing's showing. a fitness mum does that and she blocks out her baby's ding a ling with a sun emoji :D

• I'm not entirely sure, I just know that I wouldn't post pictures of my kids like that.

• I don't see a problem with it.

• My mom did that when I was little. As long as nothing is showing it's ok. Children (especially really little ones and toddlers) are usually pretty adorable in the bath (they love bubbles)

• I am tempted to make a comment about how perverts could have gotten off on that, but I think you've already considered that by now. It doesn't really matter if a child is covered or not. Pedophiles will accept anything.

• Hey, that's cool, do as you wish. I guess I was just trying to warn you.

• @DarkIndividual Thanks

• I honestly wouldn't do it. If there was a video of a younger me butt naked in a tub, I would be very embarrassed about it. Such things are not for the world to see.

• to many pervs keep them private

• I think it's all up to the parent

• No way! :(

• I will not expose child on social media if i were you, pedo and all its common on internet

• Who said I was going to do it? People on this site are so damn annoying and condescending.

• I never said you ll do it your overthinking serious

• I'm not sure actually. If I have a kid:
    #1. It's so scary if perverts, I mean paedos, attracted to my children.
    #2. But on the other side, I want the entire world know that my kid is so cute. Aww.

• On Facebook, for example, you can change the privacy settings, if you just want family to see them.

Kids are still individuals with a sense of privacy and autonomy, so I don't think it's cool to share potentially embarrassing or intrusive pictures of them that they don't have any say about. Things that adults don't worry about can be very sensitive to a kid.

• hahahah trusting anything with "privacy" on fb

fb is openly hostile to the very notion of privacy itself, as its executives' on-record statements can testify. it's exceptionally foolish to think fb will preserve *anything* about the privacy of yr data -- or to think that you'd be notified if they're about to change anything in that regard.

• That's another very valid point.