How do you deal with being lonely?

I have been alone for so long.. I wish I could fall in love with someone so badly. I find myself always looking for love, on the bus, grocery shopping, just out runnung errands. Looking at people thinking could it be him? But then I lay in bed at night feeling pathetic... Who could ever love me why do I even bother. Sometimes I cry myself to sleep and cuddle up to my giant teddy bear. I pretend it's someone I love. Anyone. I know this is sad please don't judge me. How do you deal with being alone? What can I do to make myself feel better or to get my mind out of the love gutter. Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• I know how you feel, I've been there. You could get some treatment, it does help. Next, you just have to know there is hope. Lots of hope! There will be people that love you and there is now. Remember that, it helps a lot. Do what you can do to release some of it. Get a dog, friends, a hobby or anything like that. It will help to take your mind off of stuff, it really will. Then when you don't expect it, it will just happen. I wish I could do more for you but I can't and I know words don't help much either but it is really good to find someone to talk to. A friend, family member a therapist or get a pen pal even. At times, it's easier to talk to a stranger than someone you're going to be around a lot. I'm willing to listen if you need a release. I'm not a great problem solver but I do have experience in this kind of thing both from the personal standpoint and as an outsider trying to look in and I'm a great listener too. I'm here to help if I can. Just message me, I'd be happy to listen 😊

• Hey thanks a lot I really appreciate your answer.

• You're welcome. Seriously tho, I would like to help you. If that's even possible I don't know but you don't know until you try. Either way, you'll be ok. Really.

• Second the dog, as long as you KNOW you can handle the responsibility.

What Guys Said 9

• You go look for someone who you find interesting and approach him. Start a conversation about something you two are looking at, listening to, doing, whatever. Discuss the topic, get to know each other, and ask if he would be interested in spending some time together. Exchange phone numbers and it will move on from there.

• All you can do is try to keep your chin up. Someone who'll love you CAN pop out of nowhere, at anytime - you just won't know when that is.

Be yourself and take care of yourself (as in look all right when you go out somewhere), and as hard as it might be, try to feel more confident about yourself.

• i believe you have answered your own question...

• i feel a lot like you mostly every night, i would say just hold on, when the time will be right it'll happen until then take help of hope.

• here's my question when you get love will you be satisfied with that love, or will you look some where else

• I just sorta say fuck it 💁🏻 and go out and do something

• love your father and mother. who can love you like they do?

• i seldom feel lonely or bored...

• You're a copy of me. I'm facing the same problem. Great to meet people like you

• I'm sorry. I don't know why I was anonymous. I feel bad for you. And what you're going through

What Girls Said 4

• Dont be too eager. The best comes to those who wait. I won't want you to pick up the first guy you meet at the groceries, only to wind up hurt in a couple of weeks. I think plans must be placed into this. For the time, surround yourself with the ones who love you : family, friends etc.

• I play videogames lol

• come on here and read posts and laugh and talk to the people who are the fabulous GAG ers

• Get a hobby, job and meditate