Is a woman less approachable if wearing headphones?

There is this guy at my workplace that always flirst with me and I flirt back. We text often and there is definitely attraction. He always comes up and has a chat with me without doubt, however today I had head-phones in listening to music and I noticed he was looking at me (at the corner of my eye) but did not come up.

0|0
3|16

Most Helpful Guy

• earbuds is the universal language of saying "don't you dare talk to me"

exceptions: at the gym and asking someone if they're using a machine or if they'll spot you.

That's literally the only exception.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• duh, U have headphones on! headphones mean U are rocking out, and don't want to be messed with! If you noticed him looking at U and wanted him to approach U, take those things off, and get the talk going.

3|1
    0|0
  • EVERYONE is less approachable if wearing headphones!
    Headphones pretty much scream "Do not talk to me. I'm enjoying my music. If I wanted you to talk to me, I'd take the damn things off!"

0|1
    0|0
  • Yea it depends on the person if they mind interrupting you while your listening to something. Some people care while others don't. Honestly if I'm listening to my headphones I will still easily be able to hear what people say.

0|0
    0|0
  • It definitely looks like you don't wanna be disturbed so he left

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes.
    And 2x less approachable than that, is a woman on her phone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if he feels like him interrupting you would be a bad thing. If not, then it won't matter at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, if you have headphones that's like saying "don't bother me".

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah because he thinks your attention is somewhere else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it is a signal that says, "Don't talk to me."

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she's hot, no

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone is less approachable when wearing headphones.

0|0
    0|0
  • It makes anyone less approachable

0|0
    0|0
  • Yepp!

But girls still try to talk to me regardless, so girls don't seem to care about that etiquette

0|0
    0|0
  • anybody is

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I've been hoping that the whole time I put my earbuds in but sometimes people still try to talk to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm always wearing my headphones, and guys inturupts me while I'm working and wearing my headphones. It depends on the guy I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya because when someone is wearing headphones, they are usually trying to listen to something, and guys don't want to bother you when they are trying to flirt with you.

0|0
    0|0