Is a woman less approachable if wearing headphones?

There is this guy at my workplace that always flirst with me and I flirt back. We text often and there is definitely attraction. He always comes up and has a chat with me without doubt, however today I had head-phones in listening to music and I noticed he was looking at me (at the corner of my eye) but did not come up.

Most Helpful Guy

• earbuds is the universal language of saying "don't you dare talk to me"

exceptions: at the gym and asking someone if they're using a machine or if they'll spot you.

That's literally the only exception.

What Guys Said 15

• duh, U have headphones on! headphones mean U are rocking out, and don't want to be messed with! If you noticed him looking at U and wanted him to approach U, take those things off, and get the talk going.

• EVERYONE is less approachable if wearing headphones!
    Headphones pretty much scream "Do not talk to me. I'm enjoying my music. If I wanted you to talk to me, I'd take the damn things off!"

• Yea it depends on the person if they mind interrupting you while your listening to something. Some people care while others don't. Honestly if I'm listening to my headphones I will still easily be able to hear what people say.

• It definitely looks like you don't wanna be disturbed so he left

• Yes.
    And 2x less approachable than that, is a woman on her phone.

• Only if he feels like him interrupting you would be a bad thing. If not, then it won't matter at all.

• Yes, if you have headphones that's like saying "don't bother me".

• Yeah because he thinks your attention is somewhere else.

• Yes, it is a signal that says, "Don't talk to me."

• Of course.

• If she's hot, no

• Everyone is less approachable when wearing headphones.

• It makes anyone less approachable

• Yepp!

But girls still try to talk to me regardless, so girls don't seem to care about that etiquette

• anybody is

What Girls Said 3

• I've been hoping that the whole time I put my earbuds in but sometimes people still try to talk to me.

• I'm always wearing my headphones, and guys inturupts me while I'm working and wearing my headphones. It depends on the guy I guess.

• Ya because when someone is wearing headphones, they are usually trying to listen to something, and guys don't want to bother you when they are trying to flirt with you.