I wasted my 23th year?

in two months ill be 24 and i literally wasted my 23th, with doing nothing fun, just school, i feel so emptt and sad, regret, i barely have any friends left or life, im stuck... how can i get pat this regret, the older you get the harder it is too make friends... the guy i wanted rejected me cause i wasn't from his social class... such a dark year, a lot of doubt, darkness, depression etc

Most Helpful Guy

• Get beyond your past and regrets. In life we have lessons and not regrets and every day brings a new opportunity, make use of it and stop complaining.

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay. Firstly because it bothers me greatly, 23th is not correct. It's 23rd.

Secondly, I'm sorry that you had a rough go this year. So did I. However, you have to accept and take responsibility. Unless you actively seek out experiences, nothing in your life will ever happen to you. If you don't put the same kind of effort into making friends that you put into your schoolwork, you will never make any friends. That's just how it is. It sucks that the guy you like didn't want to go out with you, but unfortunately that's life. You will get rejected and you will be expected to lick your wounds and carry on with your business.

I empathize with you greatly, but you need to pull yourself up and get on with things. Sitting around in a pool of self-pity will not make your life more enjoyable. If you want to make more friends and be more social, you have to get out there and do things.

What Guys Said 2

• I am 20 and I feel after age 14 I have wasted my life I don't know what to do now since I have no skill sets

• i'm here for u bby ;)

What Girls Said 5

• Obviously the year hasn't been wasted since you're going to school. Friends aren't going to pay your rent. Fun is not going to put food on your table. A career will so stop being melodramatic and get your priorities in order.

• I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a dark time right now. You didn't waist your year you are going to school which is so much better than going out partying. Trust me I waisted a year of my life quit my job, and went on a destructive path over a guy. It wasn't worth it. Think about the rest of your life all the hard work will pay off. Work on yourself stay in school, and don't worry the right guy will show up before you know it. That guy that you're worried about clearly doesn't deserve you if he's so selfish all he sees is social status. You deserve better, and you need to remember that.

• but i miss friends in my life, stable friends

• I know how you feel but it will get better you're just going through a rough spot right now. You will make more friends. Just keep focusing on improving yourself. Then you will attract more stable people into your life.

• I just can't forget the fact that i missed 3 years of school by droping out and doing jack shit with my life, i feel horrible because now i am paying the repucussions of it. I go to communicty college for a stupid degree as an officemanager and i will be 24 when im done 25 when i enroll in college and even then i will be depressed as fuck cause i will be 28 when im done

• this is completely normal, you are still growing up. always think that you are still getting there. that regret will be constructive as it will help you choose wisely this time. as for guys, as rihanna once said, never doubt a mans ability to make you feel guilty for his mistakes. take yourself somewhere quiet, your favorite place, grab a pen and write down what you would *realistically* want to achieve. the start is always difficult. good luck to you :)

• you could do what i did, drop out and party until you get approached by a boss