Brexit, Yes or no?

If you don't know then on the 23rd of June the UK will be holding a referendum which decides whether the UK leave the Europe or stays in. I would love to hear your views about this whether you're from the UK or not.
It's been said that the UK leaving Europe would destroy the euro zone.
Personally, I believe it's time for us to leave. The initial idea of Europe was to become something like the USA. It was a farfetched idea which I think won't become reality. Also, if we stayed then eventually we would have to get rid of the pound and use Euros instead which just takes away our history and tradition to me. The people moving across to the UK from the rest of Europe would be huge if we stayed in which would increase the stress on NHS and pensions. It could mean we have to abolish NHS and get rid of pensions to handle all of these people. We also simply don't have enough space if people moved here at the rate it's doing right now. Taxes would rise as a result of more people wanting pensions and to use the NHS. It would be terrible for the people in the UK to stay in the EU.

I mean in the morning I heard the government are spending 9.6 million pounds on leaflets convincing people to stay in the EU when the initial budget of that was 6 million. Complete waste of money trying to manipulate people.

• Stay in the Europe
  • Leave the Europe
  • I'm not sure
Dammit ignore "the" in front of the word Europe I put a few times.

Most Helpful Girl

• OUT ! NOW ! We need to regain control of our country and fast. It feels like I am living abroad already. It's horrendous and I hate it. They love the way we live, our culture, our food, our NHS, the benefits system, the free housing, the free, the free, the free - they see the UK as somewhere where they can practically live for free. I am absolutely furious that we are sending millions abroad to people who have never contributed a single thing to the UK. It makes me sick. Exit the EU, kick out all migrants and get back to normal. Then Angela Merkel will need to be dealt with - she needs to be deposed and shipped off somewhere nice and safe.

Most Helpful Guy

• I disagree with you on the taxes and NHS part. Obviously, foreigners who want to stay in a country such as England have to work and they are required to pay taxes just like anyone else. People in Europe and America often wrongly think of foreigners as these lazy ass people who just sleep and eat all day long. I can tell you: my girlfriend is a foreigner (she comes from South Korea) and she pays taxes just like everyone else - not out of kindness but because she has to. So I don't see how this argument makes sense. ESPECIALLY in the case of pensions, we should actually be GRATEFUL here in Europe that we've got so many immigrants. Almost all European countries' populations are shrinking because people are not having enough children anymore. This means that fewer working adults have to pay the pensions for an increasing number of senior citizens. Our populations are over-aging, just like it is happening in Japan for instance. Now, one of the reasons Japan is particularly suffering from this is because they don't let any foreigners into their country. In my country Switzerland, we've got tons of Italians (many of which already came in the 1910s), we've got Spaniards and Portuguese and Greeks and Turks who all came in the 1960s, we've got Yugoslavs and Albanians and Serbs who came in the 1990s after the war in Kosovo, and we've got people from North Africa who've started coming here 3-4 years ago. In England, you've got a lot of Polish people, as well as people from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and so forth. Almost all of these people came to Switzerland and the UK in the middle of their lives. Many of the current immigrants are actually still very young. They have the capacity to work. If we want to uphold our current social welfare state and our pensions, this is precisely what we need. We need people in their 20s and 30s and 40s who work and pay into money into the pension system both for the current generation of senior citizens AS WELL AS for future generations.

Now, having said this, I can understand the motivation to leave the EU for other reasons. As you probably know, my country Switzerland is not in the EU (along with Norway) and I think we're doing very well this way. I'm certainly glad we never joined the EU. The reason for my bad opinion about the EU is that it doesn't work economically. My dad comes from Greece and I have relatives who still live there. After having seen what England, France and Germany did to Greece and how the people are

• still struggling to survive there, I have lost my hopes in seeing some kind of peaceful European unification. The purpose of the EU was to unify at least economically but what happened in reality was that the rich countries fucked over the poorer countries. It's only a matter of time until even the rich countries turn against each other. Because in the age of neo-feudal capitalism, no friendship is sacred anymore.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 7

• It's not for me to say really because I'm not a citizen of the UK. But as American who has great regard for our mother country and the British people I hope the Brits vote to leave the EU. That way they can regain control over their borders and immigration policies and remain British.

• It's time for us to get out and gain back control of our own country. The EU is destroying Britain. Hopefully other countries follow us and destroy the EU altogether.

• The only proper function of government is to protect individual rights, in other words to protect freedom.

So, the relevant question is, "Is the UK likely to be a freer country in the EU or outside of the EU?". I emphasize the fact that freedom, in the true sense, means the extent to which individual rights are recognized, not some notion of national democracy.

I can't see that the UK would abandon the anti-freedom aspects of the EU, such as environmental regulations or the Value Added Tax. However, the UK is very likely to abandon the pro-freedom aspects of the EU, most notably the free movement of people.

So, I will vote to stay in the EU.

• Personally, i don't see them leaving as being a huge blow to anyone. It would be different if they were part of the euro, but as simply a member of the EU, i don't think britain gains much from it. At the same time though, we're entering a period of time where every country is going to want to be as united with their neighbours as possible. If Britain pursues the isolationist route, they will find themselves in a very bad position going forward.

• Voting is for chumps.

• Personally I want the Euro to fail

• I think you should stay in Europe.