Whats with people (specially girls) ditching their friends after they get BF/GF?

My bestfriend is ditching me because of some guy who lives in another country after dating almost 7 months. All we talk a about is her boyfriend, always fucking same topic... I get it!! Like why are you wasting our friendship because of some guy, like whyyyy? Why do people do this shit! ? Its not like you have to drop your friendship because some cock? Now she's moving out to live with him, she was like "lets keep in contact " Please like she would even bother to do that.

And dont say its only me, a lot of people have had this problem as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• Friends are often ditched in the early relationship phase. For the simple reason there are only 24 hours in a day: time management/selectivity of their "points of interest" thus.
    Very often also , a insecure S. O. will insist silenly or overtly that they drop their other gender friends, even if they are 'just friends or friend zoned: jealousy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I had huge falling out with one of my closest friends because of a guy. This guy came and she completely changed. She started treating her family bad and spending all her time with this dude. We almost got into a physical fight because of him. And he was a dick. Which is why I couldn't understand why she was acting the way that she was. I kept trying to tell her but she wouldn't listen. She got pregnant by him and called me in tears when she was around 7 months because she had found out that he was cheating on her. We reconciled after that but she stayed with him. Even had another baby with him. And last year she found out that he has cheated on her the entire 6 years that they were together.

I say all that to say that sometimes you just have to distance yourself. If you've told her that it bothers you and she does nothing to change it, then put some space between the 2 of you.

What Guys Said 5

• Quite often they will want to give all of their time to their new boyfriend/girlfriend because of the romantic interest. Other times, it can also be that one of them are especially controlling and don't want their time to go to other people.

• they like their partner so much thats all they make time for. it happens to a lot of people.

• They are prioritizing their time.

• All prefers attention in life.. People tend to go to the place from where they get more praises and attention

• We ignore the truth of friendship for the chance of ever lasting love.

What Girls Said 5

• They really like or love their partners. They enjoy spending more time with them, especially when the relationship is new, and getting to know them to grow together. Love is a very powerful emotion that takes you over at times. Of course, there are times where someone's partner is just controlling or greedy with time spent together, too.

Yes, it happens to most people. I'm sorry you're feeling left out, but maybe suggest new things to discuss when you do talk or hang out. Steer the conversation in a different direction.

• It's normal: they're enamored with somebody and lovestruck; it's a new and exciting experience and typically in the beginning of a relationship it's normal and expected to spend more time with your partner. It's definitely too soon for her to move in with him in my opinion, but the fact that she wants to stay in contact shows at least that she thought of you.

All I can say is you have to let her make her mistakes or grow a pair and confront her about it.

• Oh really? I just don't care. Lol that more of a teen thing than An adult thing.

• They seem to get distracted and excited about having a date. But after a while it will turn back to normal.

• It always happens. Their significant other is more important now, and sadly us friends are left out. But it usually happens during the first couple months of dating, let them settle down a bit and I'm sure she'll start going to you when they have problems lol