I want to smoke weed for the first time?

I've never done anything like this before, so what should I expect when smoking it for the very first time?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends. Some people don't get high at all the first time. I smoked maybe 3-4 joints on 3 separate nights when I was 14, didn't feel a thing. Then the next night, it hit me. Lol. I was staring at this light, then I realized "Holy shit. I'm fucked up. I've been staring at this light for like 10 minutes."

What you should know is weed these days is very, very strong. If it has seeds, it's not. If it's dro or high grade, it won't have any seeds, and just one puff will do you.

If you're using a pipe or bong or something, one hit will do you. Seriously. You'll be pretty fucked after a hit of dro. One hit is really all you need. Don't overdo it. This is assuming that you inhale correctly, lotta noobs don't. You want to inhale some air after sucking on the pipe or joint or whatever, then hold it for 20 seconds. That'll hold the smoke in your lungs. Coughing will make you higher. Smoking cigarettes will make you a lot higher. Some potheads try to hold it longer, but 20 seconds is all you need. Really 15 will be fine. Most of it is absorbed by then.

Weed is a weak hallucinogen--no matter what anyone says. This means that environment is pretty important. You need to make sure you are comfortable with the people you are around, and the area you're in. It probably won't be a big deal, but the better mood you're in, the better. Don't freak out or get too anxious. Just accept that this is something you have decided to do, and observe the effects. And just enjoy it.

People might think I'm being a bit melodramatic on this. It's only weed. But every little bit can help. And I've had quite a bit of experience with weed. I've smoked pounds and pounds and pounds, in my time. 420 erryday, as they say. Though I don't smoke anymore.

Having a "safe spot" might not be a bad idea. Or a "trip sitter" that you trust. This is typically only used for LSD or DMT trips, but, before you know how you react to weed, it's not a *bad idea*. It's not really *necessary*, but not a bad idea. Most people do not need these things. I do, now. Never did before, but weed makes me very paranoid, now. And paranoia or anxiety is not an uncommon side effect.. Typically this happens with high THC/CBD ratio strains. To be safe--if you know what strain you're hitting--a high CBD-THC ratio would be safer.

If it's a fun environment with people you trust, should be a great experience. Have fun.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on what type of weed you smoke. I wouldn't recommend you doing it because your brain is still developing and it's harmful.

If you're going to try it anyways make sure you're in a safe environment and with trusted people. I'd also make sure the weed is from a certified grower and not a dealer off the street.

Really though, if you aren't needing it for medical reasons just pass on it.

What Guys Said 12

• It's wayyyy less special than you think it is. It's like drinking a few glasses of beer. A lot of people tend to confuse weed with real hallucinogenic drugs such as LSD or shrooms, where you actually have to mentally prepare yourself. Trust me, you don't have to mentally prepare yourself to smoke a joint. You won't see any imaginary beings or hear imaginary people talk to you or that kinda stuff. It's basically just like smoking a cigarette, except you first feel dizzy for a few minutes and after the dizziness goes away, you feel very light and happy. The light and happy feeling lasts for roughly 20-30 minutes and after that it just goes back to normal. It's basically like being tipsy. Depending on the situation and your mood, you might also feel very calm and thoughtful instead of light and happy. That's pretty much it. It's worth experiencing but it's not really that big of a deal.

• Then go smoke some and quit whinin' about it!

• your virgin lungs lol

• Just be in a safe place with people you trust. Take it easy until you know how it hits you. Chances are you're either stare off into space or laugh your ass off.

• You'll feel high or you won't.

I had the lowest tolerance when I first started. I remember the first couple of times I did, I'd fee high for hours just from a few hits and be a little high the next morning if I smoked at night.

• Stay away from that shit. It's okay at the start but it takes it toll. I know a guy who can't even remember who he is anymore. There's lesions on his brain the doctors say are related to his smoking that shit for 30 years. Drugs are for mugs

• nothing. ull feel nothing as most first timers with any drug

• Its hangover
    Which is different

• Eh, you'll get really high then really hungry...

• Expect to cough really hard. That's about it. There's nothing special about weed.

• Try a joint for the first time too. Get a stoner friend to roll it for you.

• Inexperienced

• Don't take too many hits on your first time.

• Oh and if you don't want your clothes to smell then when you smoke it helps to hold the joint far away from you if not then just have some perfume nearby or something.

What Girls Said 2

• don't do too much, the effects kick in around 30 minutes after doing it. i don't suggest you do it because it's not fun at all but you'll probably cough a lot.

• Girl, I wouldn't do it. Your gonna smell like smoke and my momma tried smoking weed once and after she got diarrhea.

• I highly doubt the weed gave her diarrhea. She probably ate something that have her that around the time she smoked weed.