Would you pay for a chance to hunt real Somali pirates?

I remember years ago reading about an alleged company that offered "safari" cruises on luxury ship across Somali that "guaranteed" to get assaulted by Somali pirates.
The company was offering good time, spotters, ammo and heavy weaponry (from assault rifles to rocket launchers) to shoot-to-kill any approaching pirates. The law is completely absent in those waters, so killing some pirates will go unnoticed.

Now, story turned out to be, unfortunately, a hoax (asides from fact that law is absent in those waters and nobody really patrols them much); however, for some reason I remembered this today and it got me thinking: damn, I'd sign up, sounds like fun!

So, if such company would exist, would you pay for a safari like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• dunno what shocks me more, the idea of actively seeking trouble just to get to kill and killing for fun/thrills
    OR
    some of these people commenting that are so caught up in the hippie, "make love not war" shit, "turn the other cheek" stupidity, "we live in a perfect world where we should help each other no matter what" fantasy, "I like to pretend i'm doing charity just so I can post on Fb and get likes" ... that they end up saying that somalis are poor. Like that is a good enough reason for them killing other people...

What Girls Said 11

• You will never stop surprising me, dear Eugene.

Nope Master, I would not do that.

Because:

1. What if I get killed?
    2. What if I get raped and then killed? lol
    3. Staying in a freaking ship for a long time would kill me slowly and I would die anyway.
    4. Their lives are miserable enough to go hunt them and make it worse.
    5. I don't know about what they do 24/7 but they're so poor they're desperate, so instead of thinking about killing them, I would love to help them.
    6. I wanna learn their language, I need some speakers alive 😂
    7. If I had the money, I'd be doing charity instead of paying to hunt.

• God I wanna know how sarcastic you can be?

• @Robb76123 none of those are words I think XD

but I'm honest lol I insist, I meant what I said XD

• Hey I think it's cool that you say what you feel!!!

• that sounds borderline psychotic for many reasons:
    1. you are paying money to kill people
    2. you are purposely going into another countries waters JUST so you can kill it's citizens
    3. these 'pirates' are poor somalis who are from the poorest country in the world who have such little opportunities that they choose between joining al shabab or being a pirate
    4. what the f$%^%#?
    5. anyone who would do this willingly is a psychopath and i'm staying 600 feet away from y'all

• Yeah, probably not. Cold blooded murder just isn't my bag, baby.

• So you want to kill people?

• Some pirates became pirates because they need to feed their families and the goverment help is not enough. They have been suffering armed conflics since the 90's.

• lol sounds like fun to risk getting killed?

no thank you xD

• No. Not at all.

• Why should I pay for something others get paid for?

• DON'T SHOOT, THAT'S MY UNCLE IN THERE

• Gonna take an outrageous guess here. Are you looking for an opportunity to kill muslims?

• They're pirates. Their religious views aren't really known.

• There were multiple purposes. But mainly it was trolling & entertainment for me.
      I'm too lazy to explain all the details, but I can assure you I'm not a lunatic ;)

• In short, though, read through some responses:
      - You bring in religion instantly (I assume you know my distaste towards moslems; however, I haven't even mentioned them in response).
      - Some folks bring poverty and whatnot to justify their actions; heck, the same can be said about terrorists then. Will they wipe their ass as well?
      - Some folks instantly jump on PC wagon and talk about being a "psychopath", while themselves failing to answer a simple question with either "yes" or "not", or at least "depends".
      - Some (as MHO pointed out) act as outright hippies that live in a pink world, thinking they can help everyone and everywhere; it's mainly because of USA/EU those places are fucked to begin with and to "help" would mean to weaken one's OWN economy.

etc.

See the pattern here?

• Yea I would do it that's fun

What Guys Said 34

• Only if I can do it old school. You know, like name my ship the Black Pearl, fire cannons and blow them up. And I'll throw ropes across and board their ship and hobble around on my fake wooden leg and sword fight!

• I certainly wouldn't. I consider killing fellow human beings highly unethical, whether they're pirates or friends. Also, it's quite ironic that somebody from a rich country such as Russia would want to kill Somali pirates because the reason these people became pirates in the first place is the extreme poverty in their country. Now guess who fucked over this country for decades and decades and made it into the poverty ridden shit hole it is now. Exactly: us rich idiots up north.

• It does take one seriously spineless idiot to demean and insult their own culture and by extension theirself.

• Yeah, YEAH...

• @Zombie-Killa Don't know what that is supposed to mean. I guess you're trying to provoke.

• That is just stupid.
    and most people that think that it is easy to kill a person, don't have the ability in real life. Doesn't matter who that person is.
    It isn't a xbox game. It is someone actually shooting at you.
    So you might think it is great, but real life isn't fantasy.

• You could do it by joining the navy

• In navy you have rules and regulations; some of them may put you into disadvantage, more danger than needed, plus responsibility towards your superiors (after all you have to report what you were doing and why).

While on the hunt as a "tourist" you're at the advantage; also while having heavier weaponry, you're more likely to set the rules of the combat, and you answer to no one.

• Not really; when it comes to pirates you get leeway. You want to talk about firepower. No commercial weapons can outperform a destroyer

• Who would pay money to hunt humans?

Get paid to provide security and if needed shoot pirates, sure. But you have to be quite screwed on the head to pay to shoot people.

• I am sure there are gun nuts and thrill seekers who would think it is great but for me going into a place looking for confrontation with live rounds is insanity (if anyone is splitting hairs, yes justified wars are okay that said everyone has their own justification level for war but that is another debate)

• No thanks, you're proposing war or worse, plain murder.
    Ask the next guy.

• Nah I leave that to my military back when my father was deployed in Africa they'd often see hunter killer patrol boats with special forces on board disguised as normal civilians their sworn objective was to kill pirates and terrorists and any other scum they came across on the water. And they are very efficient at it.

• Not gonna lie, it sounds like a hell of a time. I'd never do it, though. I like living too much.

• Lets get this straight...

These people are so ridden with poverty that they are willing to risk their lives to do something horrible in order to make a living... and you think it's ok to lure and kill these people for fun?

WTF is wrong with you?

• I would not pay to kill pirates, but if this former soldier was offered a gig as part of a security team on ships I would take it. Provided that I chose my weapons (FN FAL and an MG3) and our job was to kill the bastards, not dance around like fags and fire warning shots.

• Nah. On the list of people I want to hunt.
    Rhino and elephant poachers rank way higher than Somalian pirates.

• Those who are excited to go into combat have never been in combat. No I am not interested in getting shot at.

• No, for one, it's not worth getting killed over (they can obviously shoot back) and two, while I have had plenty of military training, I'm not ever raring to pick up a weapon and start shooting at others.

If someone should deal with it, let it be special tactics groups with advanced warfare skills.

• As I'm not a psychopath; no, I do not want to murder people.

As I'm likewise not a moron; no, even if I wanted to, I would not pay money to do so when I could get paid to do it instead.

• The only reason I wouldn't sign up is because it sounds dangerous and I could die myself.

• I would join them and sail the high seas. We'd become REAL pirates again.

• Are you crazy? That's war tourism. They'll be firing back by the way. After they knocked of the crazy guides and you somehow survived they'd drag you back to shore and probably rape you and then sell you back to your family if you were lucky.

• You envision a world were people would want to pay to provide security for large companies that are shipping products?

• Yeah. It'd be cool! I fucking hate pirates, so no loss there.

• what is it with the amount of russian psychopaths around, it's like you guys don't know anything except guns and vodka

• You got that off of south park.

• I think it would be fun

• I wouldn't but I know a guy who might.

Fun fact: Somalia has no central government.

• I would only go to kill and get paid.

• No, I'll leeave it yo the coalition navird

• Nope, i value my life.

• Dafuq?

• I assume that's a no?

• Definitely not. I don't wanna spend money to kill people! I'd maybe take money to kill certain people, but not spend money! Makes no sense. Unless you're a sadist who enjoys killing so much you'd pay for the opportunity.

• I don't like PIRATES! And I would only shoot my gun to kill!
    But first lets look at these lives...

• More from Guys
    4