How do you feel about changing diapers?

My job involves changing mannyyyyy diapers on a daily basis, lol.
I am kind of new to the job so changing diapers is still kind of "icky" to me.. especially if there's poop.
However, I see other daycare teachers who don't even flinch.
Lol I hope I become as comfortable as them...

How do you react/feel about changing diapers?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never done it so far but I think if it's my own child, I will be totally fine with it. I don't get grossed out easily by these kinda things. My best friend works in a retirement home and there are a lot of senile people that he's got to take care of. Among other things, his job involves dressing these elderly people, undressing them, bringing them to the toilet, wiping their butt after pooping, showering them and of course cleaning up the mess if they don't make it to the bathroom on time and instead pee/poop in their bed or on the floor or in the shower etc.. Because of these people are senile and don't really get anymore what's going on, they can't always express their needs in an understandable way. One time he hold me that an old grandpa had diarrhea and my friend wasn't fast enough at guiding him to the bathroom, so the old guy literally sprayed the whole bathroom with his poop, which my friend of course had to clean up. When I heard this, I couldn't help but cringe. My friend however told me that it's not really a big deal. It's just part of the job he says. In the beginning he felt uncomfortable about doing these things or also about things like showering old women but after years of doing it, it's not even an issue anymore. If you do it a hundred times, you stop caring and feeling grossed out. So I'm pretty sure you (and I) will feel that way with changing diapers as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha no issue. I change my nephews and nieces' nappies when they were little. One of my nephew is 6 months old so lol I don't mind, when his mum (my sister) is pigging out, I take him and change him when I see fit.. His got a fat belly which I love seeing a lot haha

But don't worry, you're new to this. And you being uncomfortable with it is understandable. When you are in that environment every single day, you'll soon ease into it lol

What Guys Said 9

• I would do it if I absolutely had to, but it's DEFINITELY on my "avoid if even remotely possible" list.

• You will become as comfortable as them. When it becomes something you have to do everyday you just get use to it. :)

• haha I hope! you should see them though.. a child has diarrhea in his diaper and it's like "meh whatever" to them and I'm over here like oh goshhh I feeel sick.. lol > <

• Thank you !: )

• Your welcome. I know of a 20 year old girl that said she personally had a nasty poop problem when she was on a bus in India.

• You get used to it and if it helps, wear gloves so it's not so icky. :)

• Meh, big deal. I changed my daughter's a million times while my wife was recovering from difficulties after birth. Almost exclusively me.

• you got to do what you got to do

• I cringe at how disgusting it must be... but if I had a kid of my own or if I was forced to take care of a kid, I'd probably do it... no complains

• I feel: ICK

• I'm glad I'm never having kids so I don't have to

• I have only changed a couple but it doesn't bother me

What Girls Said 6

• Doesn't bother me, it used to until I started working with dogs a lot, there's a lot of shit there too so it doesn't do much for me now lol.

• I have two kids in diapers. I change so many each day and typically between 3 and 5 of those contain poop. You definitely get used to it.

• I have 2 kids of my own I could do it with my eyes close. Before having my kids I use to change my nieces and nephews diapers so I am a pro.. lol!
    You will get use to it and get over it eventually and it will be like nothing to you.

• I don't really care, it's just something you've got to do.

• I don't mind changing babies diapers if that counts