Do you lock your doors at night?

?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Has anyone contacted the four who said no? Are they okay?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 29

• Yeah, I do.

• It would be extremely foolish not to.

• At night is probably the only time we do lock our doors.

• Yes, who doesn't?

• Yeah, but there was a time when we did not. When I was a kid, I remember my parents sleeping with the door not only unlocked, but open, so that just the screen door was closed. Only when it was nice out, of course.

• I always do, even though we have not had any crimes I'm aware of the past 11 years I've lived here. Better safe than sorr if you ask me.

• Do you have a white van?

• Of course. Who doesn't?

• I though Canadians never did that? according to Michael Moore. :P

• Front door? Yes. Bedroom door? No.

• Of course I do lol

• of room.. No.. of home.. obviously..

• Is civilian gun ownership legal in Pakistan?

• Through the black market?

• @ShayanMortazavi1 yep..

• Of course I do

• Our doors dont even lock.

• Where do you live that you would take such chances?

• @Red_Arrow If you mean wifi when you say airtime, my step dad does, but that's because they don't have data on their phone and need wifi to be able to communicate. We have food stamps and my mom is applying for unemployment cause she can't find a job anywhere here, while my step dad works on the farm we live on.
      So, you can knock it off with the condescending structure of your sentences (I can't say tone- you're not speaking aloud).

• I pointed out that a lock for home safety can cost less than a month of airtime which is not necessary.

• Yes. Who is crazy enough to not do that?

• Not only do I lock my doors, I check on multiple occasions to make sure they are still locked!

• Are you worried that someone else will go around unlocking them. lol

• Yes I do. I check 3 times before heading upstairs

• yeah my apartment door, top and bottom haha

• Obvs. I even lock my bedroom door cuz I sleep naked and my parents don't believe in knocking xD

• yes i do

• Where I live it's not really necessary but I do.

• No my neighborhood is extremely safe.

• Yes I do

• no my husband does it

• Yep.

• Yup and I have an alarm (overprotective dad)

• NO hhh my family will not like it if I locked my door. Maybe that's why I'm not used to It

• yes, one tree hill showed me you have to lol

• I live in a pretty safe neighborhood with little crime... BUT, even so, whomever has tried to break into my house at least 5 times over the years. Luckily for me, the previous owners installed 3 pane windows which contain a glass, a screen, and then another glass after that which has locks on it on all but two windows. Add to that an ADT alarm... its pretty hard to break in. I did however visit my sister in law in Montana and they don't lock doors even at night. They even let the young babysitter walk home alone at night. I was like what do you mean we aren't going to drive her up to her doorstep and make sure she is inside safe before we drive off? I completely freaked out about it because living in a city you are paranoid as F for good reason. Signs are in every parking lot telling people to hide stuff in your car so theives don't see it and break into your car and a house without locked doors is putting out the welcome mat for any old body to stroll on in.

• Hide the stuff in your car before you arrive at the parking lot. I lost my camera and my mother's camera after locking them in the trunk when I was already where I was going. Obviously I was watched.

• @Red_Arrow they broke into your trunk? Geeze. I have however started doing that when I workout. I workout at like 6 in the morning before work outdoors. There is one lonely empty parking lot at that time along the trail, and so I realized that if someone is out there that early, they would have easy access to my car and there would be no one to interfere with them breaking in, so I have to be super careful there.

• Yes, because I'm scared.

What Guys Said 32

• No, I don't. The country I live in is very, very safe. According to the OECD, we currently have the lowest crime rate in the world. To quote from a website I found:
    "With more than three cities that are considered to be among the ten most secure places to live in the world, like Geneva, Bern and Zurich; Switzerland is renowned and respected for the low crime rates it boasts. Even the crimes that have been recorded in certain periods of time, about half of it has been committed by foreigners. Peace, harmony and a tranquil atmosphere among the inhabitants and around the country, is ensured by valiant police officers in numbers of 216 policemen per a 100 thousand people making Switzerland the definition of safe-living, truly.
    www.elist10.com/.../
    So, most people don't lock their doors at night here because nothing ever happens. I also do other things I probably wouldn't be able to do in other countries. For example if I go grocery shopping, I sometimes leave my backpack with my macbook laptop in the basket of my bicycle. It would be very easy for someone to pass by and grab it but people here don't really do this kinda thing. Honesty is extremely important for Swiss people (which is also why we stick to rules with a stubbornness that can confuse some foreigners) and we generally believe that you should be honest to others so they will be honest to you.

• No. I kinda want someone to try to break into my home. Then I could fulfill my lifelong dream of killing someone and geting away with it. =]

• I don't usually. I'm in such a little crime area, hitting the lottery is more probable that having a problem with that, I do keep a Glock near tho. (The one I'm holding in my pic). If I need a flashlight, I grab it. It's very handy to have a gun attached to your flashlight haha.

• I lock my doors at all times.

• I forget it.
    My wife does it.

• Yes... duh...

• Most folks do.

• Yes, The last time in my area people felt safe without locking their doors was before the infamous boston strangler

• no, not really

• I do ALL the time. And I live in the middle of nowhere lol.

• Of course.
    I also lock my bedroom door and have a Colt 1911 and a katana within reach.

• I lock them during the day as well

• sure.

• I lock all outside doors of my house 24/7

• Yes. We've got a top of the line security system too.

• Of course.

• Yup, I double check right before I go upstairs for the night.

• No, I'm not worried where I am

• Yep
    Cause I don't want interruptions while masturbating 😂😂😂

• Yes sir I do

• Main door? obviously
    Bedroom door? nah i want some Ox lol

• Yep, I lock all exterior doors along with my interior bedroom door.

• Entrance doors and gate yes.
    Roomdoor no

• No of course not and I even put an open sign in my window.

• pretty stupid to lock bedroom doors but house doors yes

• Yes we will lock the door because theft problem is high in our surrounding.

• yes if I am going to fap

• And during the day.

• what doors?

• No I never lock my door, it can't be opened from outside without a key though anyway

• More from Guys
    2