Have you ever or do you blame God for your problems in life?

I'm Catholic and I have done this before. I get really angry when my life is getting shitty and i tend to blame God. I think to myself if God loved me why wouldn't he help me? Why would he let me suffer like that? i regret thinking this way though and i ask him for forgiveness. I guess i just don't really think about what i'm saying when i'm heated and hopeless. And no need to tell me that i was wrong for saying that to our father but i was not thinking right like i said. So , have you ever blamed God?

• Yes..
  • No..

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I have but deep down, I know exactly why bad things have happened and it was 100% bad decisions on my part. Anyone whose honest will say the same. God never leaves you. If he's not there it's cuz you walked away from him. He's eagerly awaiting your return but will never force you. I tend to think why didn't you protect me from this? The answer is always the same, 'I tried". It's normal to try to blame anything and everything else but yourself.

• If you allow it, you learn far more from bad things than good things. That's why God will allow them and not to forget, we brought them on.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have before yeah.
    Thing is, life as a follower of Christ is not supposed to be easy... Even Jesus thought that God forgot about him when he was on the cross (Mathew 26:46) I believe is normal to feel that way sometimes. same way u get mad at ur parents, u get mad at God sometimes and I think is fine, because that doesn't mean u are suddenly gonna stop loving him or believing in him. We have up and downs in every relationship we have in our life.

What Guys Said 17

• I always wonder about religious people who will always tell you that God is not responsible for bad things that happen to you and that he allows the world to proceed on its own and people have free will, so the problems they have are really caused by themselves. But as soon as anything good happens, they are immediately praising God for controlling that part of what happens to them.

If someone prays for the healing of someone who is terribly sick and the person dies. it is not God's fault, it is just free will and chance. But if the person lives, then God is praised and gets all the credit. And the Doctor who actually saved the person's life gets no credit.

• No I have not. He test us though

• I don't believe in God.

But, if I were Catholic, then I wouldn't be praying to him constantly asking for nice things to happen

I'd be grateful that something so omnipotent created life and I'd thank him every day

• No, I don't believe in external agency like that anymore. It's just how things end up under given conditions.

• I have yeah when I was younger and foolish but an experience and life hanged that, I don't blame god anymore, instead I have faith that my path and the good and bad sides of it are all part of his plan for me.

• I am Catholic and when things got tough, real tough, I simpy asked for help, but certainly didn't blame. You think you have it tough... then you need to open your eyes to what others are enduring. Somewhere right now someone is hurting real bad, perhaps they lost a child today, or are in an impoverished country without food... your problems are smaller than you think.

• yes cause of good things, he can be the cause of bad things. i don't believe in the christian god because that god is ridiculous, but i believe in a god. a more realistic god and a more believable and accountable 1.

• i feel like if you are that kind of person that praises god for everything you have done, then you are also allowed to blame god for the shit that happens :P

• No, because I don't believe in God.

• I have when I didn't understand GOD didn't do anything
    people cause issues, people always cause the issues
    GOD is chilling

• it wouldn't do any good to blame something that doesn't' exist

• It'd be dumb to blame a character in a fairytale for my problems.

• EXCUSE ME? PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS BELIEFS

• @93stepsawayfromhome you could've just said no because i don't believe in him. Typical atheist always trying to start fights

• How am I trying to start a fight here? Again, I answered your question. That's all I did.

• Somebody out out there must have a sick sense of humor.

• I don't even know if God is real, so blaming him for my problems is dumb

• Nope, I don't blame God for anything.

• Yes still do for some things

• the abrahamic god is the originator of all evil in existence and is the actual devil. search youtube 'truthbknwn' and the video "is the old testament god really god?" and look into the basics of gnosticism

• also search youtube for videos by username 'theawakenedones' that explains why the evil god of this world - the bible/talmud/quran "god" - thrives like a parasite off human suffering

What Girls Said 15

• No because
    A. I don't believe in god
    B. I'm mature enough to take responsibility for my mistakes lmao

• I think I cursed him once when I was sick bad. Not profanities but just to the point of "Why dont you just kill me already, why make me suffer"! I was a bit paronoid. I love my God and altho my faith is weak sometimes , I do think he still cares about me and I pray as well. I did ask him for forgiveness too. I doubt you meant that, it was just a weak time in your life and these things are tests.

• No because I don't believe in a god

• I have not, but I don't believe in a god to blame. I usually just blame life in general.

• Ok. You should at least show some respect and capitalize God.

• Oh ok. Sorry for the misunderstanding

• It's fine! Just too early to proofread before hitting send😅

• No I have never done that

• when I was a silly child I did it

• No, I would never blame God for my problems

• No usually I blame my own idiotic decisions.

• If there is a god he had nothing to do with it.

• No, because I am an agnostic.

• Did't blame but thought about why I had to go through certain things and I do know it's because God is testing us how we will react on things and if we will still have faith in Him.
    He removes our soms by certain tests and gives us a higher level in paradise !
    The more he tests you the more he loves you.
    Jesus has been also tested in many ways ;)

• No. I blame myself or the people who are ACTUALLY making life difficult. It'd be awfully hard to control the minds of everyone in the world. What they do has no correlation to God, especially if they don't even believe in him. They do as they wish. They are choosing to hurt you in some way, and that is their fault.
    I don't believe he has any power over the population as a whole. If he did, evil people would not be around to harm others. They'd be "banished" to hell.

I guess you could say I no longer follow a religion. The thought of putting all my blame on a person I've NEVER SEEN seems irrational, and I would never do it. Even if he does exist, don't you think it would be nearly impossible to prevent something bad from happening?

• sometime, i even threat him one time. but in general no cause he's the only who help me to make things better

• I'm not sure "blaming" is the right word, but I've definitely prayed expressing frustration and sadness that I was feeling.

• Yes. Much, much, very much...
    But then I realized, God test me with this problems so I can be stronger than before. Actually every problem have their solution, so I know that God is very kind towards me, I'll be smarter and wiser. Maybe sometime I blame God, but actually I know that God try me to be an honest person.