In your opinion is cannabis a good or bad thing?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Couldn't care less
This is why my dog is so cute

Most Helpful Girl

• I tried it once, and was hospitalized overnight for panic attacks. So it's a bad thing for me. That doesn't mean it's bad for others, though.

• @CœurRosé
      That happened to other smokers and space cake eaters.

• @Rawrzz Yeah , I've had anxiety since I was 13. And it's possible I could have taken too much, but the girl I was smoking with didn't really know what she was doing. She left at the first sign of me panicking :\

I won't smoke it again, though, since it was just a one time thing. 20 minutes was just a guess - I was in the hospital before my body could handle the weed on its own, so time was sort of an alien concept for me then.

• Environment is also important with psychedelics. People don't think of weed as a hallucinogen like LSD or DMT or shrooms, but it is a light one. You have to really feel safe in the environment you're in, and the people you're around for it to be enjoyable.

But yeah. Prolly safest to just avoid it. For some people, it helps their anxiety; for others, it worsens it. Just chemicals affect every person differently. I've tried every once and awhile, but it makes me paranoid every time, so I just dropped it, too. I really loved weed, too. :/ Your friend really shouldn't have left; she didn't know what she was doing. If she was experienced, she could have calmed you down. That's basically a "bad trip". Also good to have a "safe spot" when taking any kind of hallucinogens.

Most Helpful Guy

• How's it bad? People who think dat's bad... they're less smarter than a turd...

What Girls Said 19

• Depends, sometimes it can be good, sometimes it can be bad. For some its a good pain relief etc. and it can also be a good social product which I just like to do from time to time with my friends.

However I've seen some people who don't actually need cannabis and just smoke their life away, they don't do their assignments, all they do is smoke, all they talk about is weed, their whole social media is just weed, nothing else gets done but smoke weed.
    Or for my neighbours example their whole family basically smoke weed all day, they don't work because they can't be bothered and just live on benefits from government. They're high all the time, they smell like shit, and they don't do utter shit in their life but smoke weed. Basically just taken over their lives really.

• You just described a pothead.. And an inmature one..

I smoke weed every day, in fact im about to smoke.. But tomorrow is work day and i know i need to be focused. Its about puting a balance on it.

• Chances are they were like that before

• 4/20 <3

• It's obviously illegal for a reason.

• That's flawed thinking. Do you even know why its illegal? It was made illegal a couple hundred years ago. One of the claims was that smoking weed made white women want that black dick. Seriously. Not lying. So they wanted to keep white women from wanting black men. In addition, the other reason it was made illegal was because legal hemp would hurt the rope and paper industry. So it was made illegal for racist and because old guys were afraid they would lose money if it remained legal.

Then, we can talk about alcohol and cigarettes which kill millions upon millions each year. Are those things good, *because they're legal*? Are you going to say they're legal for a "reason"?

• @Rawrzz So do you agree with me then? lol

• Zenzen. Not one bit. Except that you are entitled to your own opinion.

• When used for medical reasons it can make a difference between life and death for some people.
    Of course, I am speaking about when the THC level is reduced.

• I'm indifferent. What concerns me about the legalization movement is that the big business is behind it. Corporations have taken over th industry and are putting the small farms out of business.
    The licensing fees are so high that only big businesses can afford them.
    Another thing is the seeds and farming process. Weed ain't what it used to be back in the 80's and 90's.

• better than alcohol and cigarettes

• It's neither. It can be a good thing when used responsibly but it can also be a bad thing when used irresponsibly.

• It's as bad as alcohol and cigarettes. Except cigarettes and alcohol are way more likely to kill you. The only way you can overdose on it is you smoke an entire 10x10 room with weed filled to the top.

• It makes me feel pretty good that's all I know xD

• Person and not the pot. My philosophy on this drug anyway. But I don't bother with that drug. Did it a few times back in college but who didn't?

• cannabis has so many practical uses its a shame that it is overlooked. cannabis is a natural growing plant and is bound to have less side effects than a lot of chemical based drugs.

• I tried it three times and it didn't do anything for me at all. I was just choking and coughing. I dont need to do that ever again lol. Its fine that people enjoy doing it, but for me I'd rather do something else. xD

• Maybe you were given really bad stuff. If it's good weed, it doesn't itch in your throat, it should feel very smooth. Just sayin' ;-).

• @BlueCoyote No. I was a serious pothead for a long time. For some people, it doesn't work on them for a few times. They have to keep smoking. Eventually, it'll work. I smoked 3-4 times, too, and didn't get high, but the next time I did. Chances are she didn't inhale properly, too.

• don't care for it

• Good if using it for a real reason

• It is a HORRIBLE thing and bad for your health

• Couldn't care less.

• I believe it should only be used for medicinal purposes.

• as bad as smoking and alcohol

• I think it can be fine for some people and is not physically addictive like cocaine, meth, heroin, etc. However, it often is a gateway drug that leads people to take the physically addictive things. Because of this, I voted bad.

What Guys Said 24

• That's a bit like asking "is chocolate good or bad?" It doesn't make sense to phrase a question like that because things aren't just white or black. If you have a bit of chocolate, it can be sooooo yummy. But if you eat five pounds of chocolate every day... well, you're body won't like it.
    In the same way, marijuana has some great advantages. It helps with many health issues (cancer, MS, glaucoma etc.) and it also has a recreational value. I used to smoke weed a bit and my experiences were almost always very nice. Sometimes it made me very creative and one time I actually composed a great song as I was stoned. But it is needless to say that cannabis can be abused just like everything else. In that case in can make you very sick.
    That is why already the ancient Greek philosophers said: everything is poison. It's all about the amounts.

• I don't care, has nothing to do with me. So far I haven't heard of people killing others under the influence of weed so it can't be all bad I guess.

• In my experience. It's been the only true and effective substance that helps me with my anger and stress. I think it's a very good thing as long as it's not abused but most people have very archaic and close-minded views towards it.

• It's like all recreational drugs, not that bad in small amounts but when you start doing it regularly and get addicted it becomes a problem.

• Weed isn't really physically addictive. There are some physical symptoms after ceasing use: insomnia, depression, anxiety. But it's mostly mentally addictive. One's brain doesn't become too dependent on it. Calling it addiction is a little bit inappropriate, I think. Of course, I think of the term in a specific way. Though, I support your underlying point.

• Generally, not a good thing as it's simply unnecessary. The only time is might be beneficial is for pain relief, especially (I believe) in MS sufferers.

• It also helps a lot against glaucoma. I have a glaucoma and unfortunately, neither medical nor recreational marijuana is legal in my country (though the fines are very small if you get caught) but back in the days when I used to smoke weed, my eye doctor actually encouraged me to do it because I had to take fewer prescription drugs and he said it's better for my overall health. I heard medical marijuana can also help against certain types of cancer.

• @BlueCoyote It can help with certain types of cancer, but it can also cause certain types if smoked. Smoking releases carcinogens. Most substances will release carcinogens when lit on fire. That's why vapes or edibles are healthiest.

@dogbert444 It also helps with a lot of other medical issues. Epilepsy, depression, anxiety. It can worsen anxiety in some types of people, help anxiety in other types. It can also help with PTSD.

Alcohol and cigarettes are truly unnecessary. But people are going to get high. And it really depends on how you define "necessary". Is coke necessary? No, but it tastes good. Is desert necessary? No, but it tastes good. Is having sex necessary? Not for you, you won't die if you don't have sex. But it's a pretty important aspect of life. Same with weed. It might not be *necessary*, but it can enhance ones life if used correctly.

• Can be good, can be bad, depends on the individual and what effect it has on them.

• Over time, probably a bad thing. In short term, ok to neutral. I don't think any of these things should be a reason for it to be illegal.

• Oh it's a VERY bad thing and I wish it were all destroyed but sadly it is not so. It doesn't benefit you. I'll give you the excuse if you're dying or had cancer or something. Medical uses ONLY. Lower THC!

• Medically controlled use only.

• Medical marijuana or weed in general, should be treated the same as alcohol. Why do you think it's starting to become legal in some states? The problem that weed has caused for people to believe it's such a bad thing is that PEOPLE ABUSE IT! If people were to consider "moderation" when around the stuff, then they're wouldn't be as many problems. Not only that, weed is a natural substance unlike other drugs and narcotics.

• Oh dude. I was totally going to like your post, but then you pulled out the "it's a natural substance." Cyanide is a "natural substance". Arsenic is a "natural substance." Man eating tigers are natural. Doesn't mean they're healthy for you.

But yeah. Moderation is key. But the same could be said of heroin. Heroin, in moderation, wouldn't be a bad thing. The issue isn't from that, it's from the risk of addiction. Weed isn't that bad, hell of a lot healthier than alcohol or cigarettes, but you can't count on people to use moderation. But I think the reason people think it's bad is more because it was demonized from the get-go, due to its illegality: not because of anything it did.

• Personally, not a fan.
    Societally, doesn't matter to me. Do what you want.

• I'll admit I binge on cannabis and especially dabbing. It's 80 to 90% thc depending on how well the the person is at making the budder or shatter. I keep herbs for a treat.

• depends, it's an important medicine in some cases, there it's good. just as drug... nah

• Hmmm what's that?

• Well, it smells bad. I don't like it because it makes me fuzzy in the head.
    But I imagine girls would be sexy when they're high. So... It kinda balances out

• Not something I'd do or date someone who does, but I don't care otherwise

• I want my weed legal!

• bad in my view but hey im not gonna stop people doing it :)

• It feels pleasant

• I hate it

• bad thing

• fuck him cannibis is the worst rapper of all time

• it'll turn you into a unmotivated loser like it did with some of my friends.

• eating people is bad