Why are so many white people scared of black people?

I am not sure if it is the same in your area, but where I am from white people seem to listen and seem to be submissive to black people? Both black men and women dominate when there is an argument and also when stuff escalates it seems like black women/men win... why?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 10

• I think most of the time, white people try to dominate the conversation and shush black people.
    And then it's weird because a lot of white people are scared of black people, ex) walking at night, going to their cars, getting in an elevator.
    But then in courts, black people are pretty much at the mercy of white people. How many innocent black men go to prison for raping a confused white victim?
    It's this climate that does nothing but hurt black people.

• oh here we go.
    i dont give a shit what colour u are, i won't be intimidated by u because of that.

• um. nope. do you live in compton or something?
    this is a first to me, i thought that considering we were enslaved and taken to the west indies and the americas it'd be the other way around. maybe they're trying to compensate..
    i think americans need to keep the whole "black American vs white american" subject off of both of the entire races. i don't think europeans are like this and neither are Africans so please inject "within america" at the end of your questions.

• I know some are not going to like this but a lot of black people are loud and argumentative; especially the women. Not many white people like confrontation, And I don't either so I try to avoid it and handle it in a calm manner. It's not a matter of being scared its just that you can't argue with someone who is not using an inside voice and won't shut up. Plus half the time the person talking won't listen and won't let the other speak so the best thing to do is walk away.

• Because they are dumb or sheltered... or racist... I don't know probably the last one HAHA

• Maybe they are racist or scared of people thinking they are racist.

• cause a lot of them hate us. 😂 because they belive we're all violent and we all fall into the stereotypes of black people.

• Where exactly is "your area"?

• The kind of situation you're talking about is social and legal fear. People don't want to lose their careers or reputation over being called a racist, so would rather be as accommodating as possible.

I honest to goodness had an older black woman call me racist because the magazine my company published (a nonprofit) had pictures of black girls whose hairstyles she thought gave a negative impression. These weren't models - they were real little girls we work with. What can you say to that, though? 😫

Granted, I've had similar experiences with people of other races. Sometimes people are just out of line. But today - especially with social media allowing sensationalist and one sided stories to profligate and a growing societal bias against whoever seems to be "the authority" ... You have to be extremely careful at every moment.

• Media..

What Guys Said 16

• when i was doing time, black dudes were afraid of me and pretended we met to get on my good side.

one guy try to be sneaky and these biker white guys would start up with them to let them know not to fuck with me.

i like everyone if they show respect and understanding.

• I'm not I mean why should I be? they are just people like anyone else plus I see and talk to like anywhere from 10-20+ black folks a day whenever I'm at work.

• I don't think it's being scared but I think they're nervous about saying something that will be twisted into being racist.

• After five minutes of aurguing with a black person and you will be labeled racist, we all know it is coming so why bother. And then they wonder why people don't like them.

• @Jersey2 fuck em, I'm not racist. They can call me anything they want. But I do understand where you're coming from.

• We do? Hmm I did't know that...

• Social conditioning , White guilt and so many other factors beating them down mentally and making them docile, afraid and damn near subservient since birth.

• I'm not scared of black people. I'm scared of people.

• Maybe only in your area. The whole inner city sterotype thing.
    Up here it's pretty chill.

• I've never seen that happen. Doesn't surprise me, though.

• I'm not. People are people. Treat everyone with dignity and respect.

• Black people are more prone to engaging in violent crime than people of other races.

• True, it is like they have nothng to lose by going to jail and getting a record.

• it's simple. white people are cowards lol

• Hehe, wonder how they took over the world then... yeah, cowards who also make up most of the combatant forces in the military, not the clerks. So stupid.

• Coward anon as well, lol.

• Nah.. not here... races get along very well in my city. None of that stupid racial politics here...

• White people want to avoid stupid arguments with stupid people

• Do they really win? Or do people just cut their loses and move on? The acid test is if they were always winning arguments for real, they woukd do better in life and work.

• It's like being around someone who is liable to have a fit at any moment for reasons you don't understand. You walk on eggshells. It's not fear exactly as much as a desire to avoid unpleasantness. Imagine the way you would act if you were cornered by a lunatic. You just agree with them so you can get away.

• white guys hate that all their white women lust after the far sexier and more athletic and masculine big black men

• not a reply to my question, and show your face so I can inbox you

• You are still blathering on? Get a life.

• That explains why there are always questions from black men asking why white women are so racist for not wanting to date them.