Have you ever regretted forgiving someone?

• Yes.
  • No.
  • A few times.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have regretted it repeatedly. That is why I believe that forgiveness is earned and not given. If they are worthy of my forgiveness then they will have earned it. They can even earn my forgiveness ahead of time. What is important is that they show the effort that they deserve to be forgiven.

So often we are taught to just forgive, because that is the right think to do. That is horrible advice meant to make things easier on everyone else, but not the person that was wronged.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm generally a very forgiving person. I can overlook most things and forgive people very easily. I'm not a pushover though, so those who know me , know that I'd never forgive them for the same mistake twice. I have boundaries, and I won't allow anyone to cross them.

The only thing I'd never forgive is any kind of betrayal or intentional deceit. So I can't say I've regretted forgiving anyone.

What Guys Said 10

• Worse, in a way. They were utterly in the wrong, and I didn't forgive them... I acted as if I were in the wrong, and prostrated myself before them begging for an apology.

When you have very few friends, and one person has been in your life for over 20 years, you will do a lot to try to stop that friendship from ending.
    They didn't feel the same. After things got progressively worse, and I continued to apologize and try to make things better, they decided to just cut me off. Friends for 26 years, and in the end, it meant nothing to them.

• Forgiveness is for yourself not for them. Anger and resentment is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. I just stop giving them my time and attention.

• Never. God demands it of us. Though, forgiving someone never includes a free pass to disrespect me.

• I don't forgive traitors that leave you for dead

• Nope.

• Nope, never been sorry for forgiving someone.

• not forgiving, but just giving someone a second chance...

• I never and will never regret my forgiveness to anyone

• Only in video games, freaking back stabbers!

• never forgive the jews not even a single hook nosed one of those devils

What Girls Said 9

• Yes, I think there is one person that comes to mind that I forgave for acting the way she did. She was fine for a while, but then went right back to her old ways. Oh well.

• hm... no i can't say i have.

• If you regret it you didn't forgive them

• If you truly forgave them, it often gives them another opportunity to hurt you again. If they hurt you again, then you can regret it.

• No I can always take it back 😄

• yes i forgave my sister time and time again but the last time I did it cost me everything I wanted for the rest of my life. there is no forgiveness for this now and she no longer is family to me.

• Hell yes I have. Too many times actually.

• No, but I'm not a very forgiving person. :p

• No, because I don't forgive people who don't deserve it.

• Yes. He screwed up again and I learned my lesson though.