Do you have respect for all that women go through to perpetuate the human race?

• very much
  • yes
  • a little
  • no
  • no because there shouldn't be any more children in the world
  • Women deserve to go through that pain
I'm glad that 30%of men appreciate it a lot
At least 62% of men and 68% of women appreciate it at least a little bit
If no women agreed to go through the pain of giving birth, no one would be here

Most Helpful Guy

• I have respect for the women that get pregnant, manage to go through those 9 months staying healthy and being careful for the kid. Then after birth they take care of the kid and give them love.

I have no respect for women that get pregnant, and during the pregnancy they still party, drink, smoke and do shit that is harmful for the kid. Then after birth, they barely pay attention to the kid, and leave it all to the babysitter.

This question SUCKS. It's completely biased and the answer would depend on the woman, cause not every woman is a mom, even though they're a mother.

Most Helpful Girl

• That doesn't make women superior and they can still be a shitty person.

Women get pregnant for selfish reasons aka because THEY want a kid. It's nothing to do with society but only because THEY want it.

Honestly I think anyone who's ever been in the army goes through much worse than women who are pregnant. Since for her she's only dealing with 9 months and it's only physical pain. In the army if your shipped off to the most dangerous zones. You're probably going to see your friends being blown up and killed right in front of you. Along with the fact that you could die at any second. Dealing with that kind of stress for months and the psychological trauma of it causes most to have ptsd. Which haunts most for the rest of their life. Most women normally don't think much about the physical pain they go through after it's been years since she was pregnant.

• 1. When did I say it made women superior?
      2. There are women who get PTSD from childbirth too.

• @hellionthesage by the way 81% of women give birth and very few men go to war

• Again ignoring data. Their are 1,301,300 military personal currently with 811,000 in the reserve. The draft does exist, every male who turns 18 is required by law to sign a selective service card so that if the time comes he will be forced (by law) to join the military. Just because they haven't done it in fourty years doesn't mean it doesn't exist. As for the war, irregardless of your opinoin on it those men are put through brutal training, brutal conditions, sperated from family, friends and comfort for years at a time do do what THEY believe is right, not what you believe is right. Now you can argue the validity of any war but what cannot be argued is the dedication and sacrifices those men make. They also compose our police force and fire departments all of which keep you safe at the expense of themselves. So again you are ignoring everything.

What Guys Said 26

• I'm not sure if respect is the right word. Like some others have pointed out, it's not something you go through because you actually want to do something for humanity. In 99.9999% of the cases, women WANT to have a child. So they do largely do it for egoistic reasons (which is totally fine, it's just not quite correct to make it look like some kind of charitable thing).
    So I wouldn't say I have respect for them... but I do feel sorry for the pain they have to go through.

• No one is entitled respect, just because they have a womb. You are entitled to be treated as a thinking human being, but that's it.

You want respect?

Earn it.

• I have respect of those women who also respect men. It's a two-way street and none could work without the other and both have and had to do serious sacrifices.

• I also have respect for what men do, too. I think everyone should appreciate what both genders do to keep the species going.

• Correct. The problem is that instead of complementing each other we are living in a society where both compete and fight with each other. There is a serious lack of respect for both sides.

• Not really it;s your choice you know what your in for so don't act like it's such a noble act that women do, they only do it cos they want to and basically have to.

• I'm pretty sure sane women don't go "I want a baby because I want to save mankind!". And I respect everyone... to a degree.

• Both sexes have to go through a lot of stuff to "perpetuate". And, unlike other animals who are dominated by instinct, we have reason and we get to chose whether or whenever we want to do so.

So, nah.

• It's not hard to get pregnant... Stop with the you walked 12 miles in the snow up hill in a blizzard fighting yetis to get pregnant shit...

• yes but it's hard to ENDURE pregnancy and childbirth.

• It's a natural process that is rough emotionally and physiologically, but if you stop putting yourself at the center of the the universe and act like you're doing some big thing, I think you'll find that your husband will be far more supportive than you'd ever imagine and you will be pleasantly surprised at all he does to help you. In general people will go out of their way to help you and with modern medicine, teams of doctors, pain killers, vital monitors, etc. it will not be as hard or dangerous as you might think it is.

Acting like you are the center of the universe and that the child is a burden, and your husband is a piece of crap that isn't doing anything in the process of pregnancy does this: It sets you up to be abandoned and the child to feel like a piece of crap for the rest of it's life. If that is how you feel about pregnancy, stay single and let adults be the ones to have children. People that get pregnant should want to get pregnant and should see it as a good thing.

• I respect the process and think it's amazing but there's not many women I actually have respect for.

• there are too many people as it is. the birth rate needs to be controlled before there are too many to sustain. we are struggling world wide as it is

• Yes, but being a guy isn't without it's own unique issues.

• Can you tell me more?

• @asker: Well, I didn't say pregnancy is a catwalk, just to be clear about that.
      Secondly, you should admit to yourself that what you wrote right here is IN MOST CASES (not in all but in most) a massive exaggeration. Yes, pregnant women experience some ugly sides effects but that doesn't mean every single woman experiences all of those 30 things that you've listed here. There are some women who go through incredibly difficult pregnancies and births and others who've got it very easy. So you can't look at the most extreme cases and assert all pregnancies are like that. I know from my mom that all of her pregnancy and birth experiences (3 in total) were quite uncomplicated. For example my little was out of her womb within an hour or so, while other women wait 10 or 20 or even 30 hours. Also, she told me about headaches and morning sickness but she never said anything about hemorrhoids, blood pressure issues or even yeast infections. Now, I assume you haven't experienced pregnancy yet, so

• let's not assume too much. I think the fairest way to talk about this is to say that some women have it very hard but there are also others who have hardly any issues at all. Also, like @Satisfyd said very correctly, you shouldn't only look at the negative things. You should also take into account all the positive, beautiful parts of pregnancy that men don't get to experience. Just to give you one example: pregnancy is so influential that children tend to have a higher bond with their mothers (than with their fathers) all the way until adulthood. That's pretty crazy. I'm sure many men struggle with this sometimes. In fact, I have read that many men struggle with depression and jealousy after childbirth because they feel like their girlfriend/wife doesn't care about them anymore. But that's just what nature is like. We have to suck it up cuz that is how things work. And I can tell you from my life that my girlfriend and me will still have children cuz we think they're more than worth the pain.

• Of course! It is not easy to do that. It is not easy to be woman, nor a man. As long as someone isn't holding that over someone, it is (hopefully) appreciated and respected by me.

• Sure. And do girls appreciate the male effort? xD

• No, not particularly lol

• Hm you could be on to something.

• I give basic respect to everyone, it's up to them to gain more or less.

• what do ou mean by that?

• For agreeing to endure pregnancy and birth in order to continuethe human race

• No but you placed the condition of respect purely on her genitals that is why it was one sided. Then I pointed that out you tried to explain why it was okay for women to be respected more for their genitals then for a mans ie innate superiority/importance thus making this one sided where you demand that women get more respect then men because "child bith is painful" and that should be reason enough that all women should be respected irregardless of her actions or her contributions ie she should be respected purely because of her genitals while men do not get the same privledge.

• @hellionthesage I didn't say respect for every individual woman themselves but rather what Womankind collectively goes through to keep the human race going.
      and yes I think malekind should be respextend for their contributions too but like I said just because I don't mention my love for ice cream when I discuss my love for pasta doesn't mean I don't love ice cream

• Dude I produced, like, a billion sperm here. Does that count for nothing?

• a little.

• No i think they should have less

• Women are a blessing

• In general, yes, I do. However, it doesn't make up for the cases when women use it as an excuse to be absolute and total b!+ches...

• Depends on the women completely...
    A thrashy person is a thrashy person and not don't respect such a women at all...
    Whereas I respect any women who is a good women...

• girls are great at making us men feel good, calming us down, and giving complements. That's your role. Know your role.

• Hey, if they want children and continue to perpetuate the human race by going through so much pain then that's their business, not mine.

• no i dont

• Well I'd have a lot more if there weren't 7.5 billion people on earth. You know if you bake me a cake I appreciate it but if you bake me 3,000 cakes, oddly, I don't appreciate it as much.

What Girls Said 4

• I just wouldn't give birth!

• wtf kind of a question is this

• A lot haters out tonight 👀👁😂

• respect and understanding