Does anyone else in their 30's (or even older) not truly feel as old as they are? like you still have the mentality of someone in their 20's?

personally, I'm having a really had time with it. sadly, most everyone I know got to 30 and seemingly gave up on fun. no one ever wants to do anything beyond getting a drink. save for the few stoners I know who just want to sit around getting high in their free time. if I suggest anything else they all make lame excuses why they can't. I'm not a huge party person, but I like to do more. and I don't want to be the creepy old person hanging out with a bunch of college students/people in their early 20's just to enjoy myself. and yes, having a boyfriend would be great and help get rid of some of my boredom, but we would each still need other people to hangout with sometimes. I'm not ok with the life of go to work go home and nothing else. plus, I hate bars and clubs and have no idea where to make new friends who do actually want to still enjoy life.

so, people over 30: are you still fun or are you just waiting to die?

Most Helpful Guy

• As far as not feeling as old as I am.. I went to my 25th high school reunion 5 years ago and I couldn't believe how old they had all become.

I'd wager that I'm more fun now than at any point before in my life

• that's interesting. did you become more fun after the reunion or just over the years?

• that how living for the future thing as always annoyed me. beyond saving some money for retirement or the just in case moments that may come up in life, I hate that we can't ever be allowed to just live in the now.

if I have kids I'm going to encourage them to enjoy now and not worry so much about the future.

• As in most things in life, a balance is required. Sometimes it takes people time to reach a balance that's right for them.

Some folks act like kids into their 30s and beyond. Others, like myself, start off unbalanced in the other direction.

What Guys Said 16

• I know the feeling.

It's like... back when you were young and in high school, or hell, even college, you were mixed with EVERYONE. It was nearly impossible not to run into someone new and experience new activities and adventures and feel connected with people, really live your life.

Now, when you're out in the real world, boring job, boring people, it's like you feel disconnected and you're not in the environment to properly connect with other people, just be by yourself and do your own thing.

It's like you're just expected to shuffle in line, shuffle even more papers, curl up, and die.

• lol, your closing statement puts it well. I refuse to be one of those people though. I just need to find others like myself to connect with now.

• I feel way younger than I did even at the age of 18, but...

I kind of like going out to the opera, and chilling with a cuppa tea and a nice chat. Reminiscing about the good old days :D

But also, I like to go and see gigs and stuff. I don't like to do overly obnoxious things (like drinking till I'm dead), but I like to do crazy new things! But it has to be in the context of stuff that I generally enjoy. Life affirming and exciting.

But yeah, most people live to work, have their own circle of friends, and are tied down with family and other commitments. They ain't coming out!

• That's the story of me and @Kris85 's lives! She's doing better at having fun than me lately, but we both still can hold our own and party with anyone🍻 I don't think I even feel 27, let alone 37, haha.

• I like how you are taking the Bull (this life stuff) by the horns and driving it, way to go!

Great question: I'm going on 50 this year and never felt better. I feel 35 and people say I look young. It's all in your stress level, how you see yourself, having the right attitude, positive relationships and nurturing experiences, and health. I'm physically stronger than ever. My mind is as good as ever. Prune out the poisonous relationships (sounds like there is some of it in your life... I wonder what environment/city you are in to be so drab). Do thinks you love to do and then try to find others to do them with. Engage with people everywhere, but don't be needy.

I like myself, so I have a good time wherever I go, and people feed off of that. I have good close friends and I meet new people even if it is just chitchat. I date when the opportunity arises. I enjoy it all as I focus on "how can I contribute something of value to this situation or person", "what can I do of value", that is fun, educational. A lot of this is knowing what your values are and then doing things that feed those. "Confidence for Dummies had some Q/A on how to uncover those".

I used to hate bars and clubs. I love them now because I have so much fun with music, dance, meeting gals, and just having fun. I sit around thinking when I can do it again and make it more fun!

I've met people 90+ who are awsome and alive. Watch video of 90 yr old woman doing gymnastics on youtube! So I say it is mostly mental.

I "think" of it more that life is like a fuse. It is lit and it goes until it goes out.

HOWEVER: There is physical reality of the body. You are on the downward slide physically because you crossed 32 (peaking). Now you MUST put effort into physical health and find what works for you in diet and exercise and mind (e. g. turn off the TV, movies and poison relationships was key for me, and heal my inner self). Stop the junk! By tweeking exercise, I've gotten to new levels. Avoid big mistakes because it does take longer to heal physically. Listen to your body more as you get older (like 40+ especially). Eyes... get worse slowly, but I really think that is work environments. Other than that, older is awsome so far and 49 better than the other years.

• I'm 30 as of this past October, and I definitely feel vibrant and lively, I don't feel "old" at all! I'm a very sociable and joyous person. :)

• I feel like I'm still 20, except I'm way smarter and more patient. I'm still fun.

• *raises hand* OOOH OOOH PICK ME

• Your idea of fun and theirs might be different. I am 28 and about 6 months ago I stopped going out drinking, mainly becasue I was taking a med that couldnt be mixed with alcohol, but I also stopped smoking and other stuff too.

So some might call me boring, you won't see me out on a weekend getting wasted, in fact you won't see me out at all, my interestes would be eating out, going for walks, watching films, music, going places, sports.
    Sounds like a dating site paragraph or something but there ya go.

• I've never been a big drinker. except for the sports (unless hiking and leisurely biking counts), I'm into going out for the same stuff as you do. and once upon a time my friends were too.

• Still feel like any other person.. maybe a few aches and pains; but still have the same spirit i did decades ago

• yeah I feel at least 5 years too old lol

• well, I am 41 and I like to party still. also I am doing taekwondo and I like to keep active on every other day that there is not training. if that counts for anything.

• that's cool. I think I could use some sort of fitness training.

• I enjoy the taekwondo, it is comprehensive and works everything. we are part of American Taekwondo Association. do fitness, forms, traditional weapons, self defence and 'sparring' the fighting each other part. not full contact though and there are safety gear to be worn. great fun.

• 52 and people say I look and act like I'm in my 20'schedule. Life is fun yang gotta live it. Only thing that slows me down is 4 kids.

• I am nearing 50 and I get SICK of this condition that I still every 2nd girl attractive. I dont know when this mental condition will end.

• um... I think your issue is something else entirely

• No no no no.. Hell no... Hahahahahaha... It's nothing like that if I am reading your mind right.. :))))

• no, but i'm 25, but i feel ancient...

• I have a huge problem meeting women because of this same problem. It is like they don't know how to have any fun at all. In fact it is almost like they are pretending to be a bunch of boring 80 year old women just because they think that is how they are suppose to act or something. I am not a party person either, but dang these people are boring. These same boring women then expect me to somehow make them happy, when they do nothing to make themselves happy. I don't know if our culture is just messed up, or if this biological and happens in every culture. As a straight guy though, I had no idea women were having the same issue with men.

• 12 year old kids & I laugh at the same things.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm still so fun and always want to do everything and more than I did when younger. Honestly it's very weird to think of myself as 36 and it doesn't even feel real most of the time. I personally think of myself to be about 25 and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    It's nice to know I'm not the only one feeling this way!

• same here. I was actually so weirded out over turning 25 (lol) but I feel I'm the same as I was then. I hate how drastically everyone else seems to have changed. I need people like you in my life.

• you're in the same age group then!

• Lol ok but we act 17 😀

• What a great question I am 30 years old but I don't feel like 30 I feel like I'm on my 26 Maybe even my siblings that are younger think that I am the cool sister but at the same time I'm very much I am very independent I have my own apartment , my own car, not much debt and i am a single mom but I don't party too much like I did when I was in my twenties but overall I am enjoying my thirties

• I've still yet to have a car of my own, though I do prefer biking to get around, but I actually started being independent at 18. it's just the still enjoying life part that so many people stop caring about around this time that's bothering me. I just don't get it.

• I always forget that you're over 30!

• I still feel 12 Hahah!

• I still feel like im 17 and im 28 years old. Two years shy of being 30 lol does that help?

• You're as young as you feel, I'm 24 going on 25 this year and still feel like a 16 year old. I'm not going to sit here and watch life passing by me anymore. I wanna go out there and start living life to the max. :D

• Ok if people really feel that way, start planning their funeral.

• i'm still in my 20s but i am so immature and people tell me to grow up but i can't

• lol, I've always been more "mature" than my age. I don't think maturity is the issue. some people just get to stuck in the boring routine.

• i have trouble getting into a routine. i've read that humans naturally form routines. another reason to believe i'm not human.

• I hate routine.