Have you ever fainted?

Or passed out? When, why, how many times, or what was your most recent event?

so lomg story short I went to a concert Thursday to see one of my favorite bands Parachute. Before they performed there were two opening acts. During the first one (which was kind of a buzz kill) I was fine but towards the second I was out cold, which really sucked because he's a pretty cool artist and attractive.

All i know was that I started to get hot and just kinda blamed it on my cotton shirt, got tired of standing, and before I could say or do anything I wobbling and losing my vision. My friend didn't even know what was going on she just thought I ran into someone else I knew and then it hit her that the lady that was standing there in front of me was there ever since the beginning and we hadn't said a word to each other and I must've been trying to hold myself up, well that didn't last too long because I pushed myself back up with some help but of course I fell again and then the paramedicss finally came and assisted me.

I may have missed most of the second act but on tthe bright side I got a free seat up close to the stage once I cooked down 😁

• Yeah I fainted how embarrassing 🙈
  • No I can stand up on my own to feet 🙅

Most Helpful Guy

• The was 8th standard I was sick in those days not feeling well!.. Doctor's prescribed me some meds and a cough syrup and told me to take a couple of days rest, by my Psycho mom was not okay with me not going to school so she sent me and just before going to school instead of one 1 spoon! In hurry I directly drank from bottle approximately 2-3 spoons.. After 2hrs it's started making me feel drowsy very much!.. By lunch time I began feeling sick... And my sense began getting fucked up.. After I finished my lunch!.. It got worse!.. And then suddenly I felt like my senses were getting fucked up so I decided to leave the class and go to washroom but I walked like 10feets and suddenly lost vision and fainted,.. And woke up lying in class as my teacher spilled some water on my face... Then 2 friends helped me to the office but in the way near restroom I felt like throwing up and I actually did throw up but by the time I was able to make it up to the sink...
    Then rest day I spent in the sick room... Returned home by walking took care of my younger brother, none of the parents were at the house, both were on their job..
    I never told them that I fainted and spent the entire day of school in crazy ass situation... Because of 2 reasons :
    1) No point in arguing with women's (my Psycho mom) - you just have to suffer when women is in charge of something because they don't listen or understand..
    2) I fainted - Stain on the wall of a guys muscularity.. Can't let that happen, not interested in adding another joke to their book...

Next day I did went to school!.. I was fine the rest week...

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really, but I have gotten very close. I rode horses growing up, so one morning after my (particularly strenuous) lesson on a hot day, I was in the horse's stall brushing her like normal, and then I started feeling nauseous. Then I remember feeling weak, and couldn't even really hold the weight of the brush anymore. So I decided to get out of there. I stumbled out and found that, in the broad daylight, I could barely see anything. So I wandered down the hall, trying not to bump into anything, and I passed my instructor who asked me what I was doing (and here I noticed that I could barely hear either). I didn't want to tell her I didn't feel well, so I just mumbled that I had to go and kept walking. I felt my way back to the office (which was, luckily, air conditioned) where my mom was waiting. She told me I was pale as a ghost and had my lie down while she dabbed my head with cool water.

TL;DR - Nearly fainted in a horse barn. Turned out alright. :)

What Guys Said 29

• I've only fainted once in my life completely and that was back in high school about ten years ago. I was in biologically class and we went to the lab room because we were going to learn how to dissect a pig heart. Every student got his/her own heart to dissect and experiment on but before we could start, we had to stand in a semi-circle and watch our teacher explain how it goes and what we have to do. As I was watching my teacher and listening to his explanations, I suddenly realized that I couldn't focus. I was hearing him speak but I didn't really listen. It felt like I couldn't understand the information. A bit later I started to feel very nauseous and my vision became really blurry. I was surprised about myself because usually I like this kinda stuff. I don't feel weird about seeing blood and I enjoy dissecting stuff. But my condition was getting worse and worse and it became harder and harder to pretend that I'm totally fine. I started to move around a little bit so I could stand in a more comfortable way. At this point I didn't even care about my teacher's explanations anymore, I just didn't want to faint and have everyone stare at me. My friend next to me noticed that I was feeling uncomfortable and she whispered something but I couldn't understand her. Suddenly, I stumbled backwards and right into some kind of chemical tools that were standing there on the floor. It made a really loud noise (I think something small actually broke) and of course the whole class looked at me. I tried to play it down but then my teacher said "Are you okay? Your face is white like chalk!" I wanted to say "I'm okay, I'm okay" but all I could say was "uhhh mmh". Next thing I know, my legs became too weak and I slowly sank to my knees. My teacher told my friend to bring me back to the classroom, which she did. In the classroom, she helped me lie on a table (we have big tables, not like the tiny desks they have in American high schools) and she gave me some water to drink. It took me about 15 minutes until I was fine again. We went back together and it turned out that another girl had also fainted in the meantime. My teacher apologized and explained that he had forgotten to open the windows. So it wasn't actually some weakness of seeing blood that made me faint but it was the fumes of the blood and the heart that made me and that other girl faint. Now that the windows were open I was totally fine again and I dissecting the heart ended up being a lot of fun :-).

• I have fainted a couple of times last year, probably due to the fact that I have asthma and had developed an eating disorder. While intensively studying for final exams for school last year, during those weeks I experienced stress, lack of sleep, loss of appetite and also binge eating.

After the exam diet finished and classes proceeded again as normal, on the first day back I walked into the assembly hall and my whole year was there. I felt very tired and very weak, then I noticed my vision started blurring and my head was in pain. I felt like I needed some water so I tried to make myself walk to the vending machine. I stopped hearing things so that was when I knew something was happening to me. I felt like I was dying and I could not do anything about it.

I thought that this was the end of me and that's when I passed out and fell to the ground. Don't know what happened from then, but I do remember waking up to seeing the teachers looking down at me and the school paramedics giving me oxygen. They told me I was very pale. It was embarrassing fainting in front of my whole year, though. I was then sent home after I recovered.

• I did twice.
    the first time was on vacation, I think it was in Spain? Too long ago, not sure anymore. I didn't drank enough and it was extremely hot that day and we were running through a big city... when we waited to cross the street I fainted. when I opened my eyes again many peoples were bent over me lol. Can't remember much more.

the second time was on all hallows at the cemetery. I always had problems standing still for a longer time and the smell of incense makes me feel sick. it wasn't as cold as expected but I had a thick winter jacket so I felt hot... at one point I fainted. that was like 17 years ago but my grandma still asks me every year if I feel fine xD

• Yeah I'm the same way... I can't stand up for too long or if I do I have to be moving around other wise I'll pass out.

• yeah especially if we have warm weather... hate it

• Yes I have like 3 times lol. You shouldn't feel bad though these things happen. Once when I was like 8 and my mom went to her family doctor and she was in the register talking to these ladies to get everything situated then I told my mom I wasn't feeling well and she just thought I was just complaining 2 minutes into it I passed out while standing and feel down and bumped my head into the edge of the register table thingy lol. The 2nd time was from getting my blood taken I wanted to know what the needle in my arm would look like so I decided to look at the needle and then I passed out lol. Lol another time me and my brother were wrestling and he caught me in a rear naked choke and I decided that if I could fight it off and I finally decided to tap out, but then it was too late and I passed out lol.

• You have a fear of needles and passed out because you looked at it or did you actually pull it out of your body and bled out?

• Oh okay I thought that's what you meant... It's funny I can't help but stare at them when I get a shot, IV, insoluble, or something else...

• Wow you're way tougher than me its weird too cause I only get dizzy when its my own blood and if its a needle I have no idea why that is.

• Almost, I got hit on the forehead by a.308 rifle scope because my roommate (a wannabe cop who was supposed to be teaching me how to shoot and monitoring my safety) apparently wasn't paying attention. It was my first time shooting and he was reloading his pistol clip instead of watching me. Anyways, he held me up while his friend went to get the car and at first I was fine other than the blood running down my face but then my extremities started tingling and became numb and my vision started getting blurry and by the time his friend pulled up the car I couldn't even see the car that was almost in front of me, I was basically blind. I started getting better after I sat down. Anyways, that's how my dipshit roommate gave me a scar on my forehead. He acts like he was hero of the situation but it's like no you're the dumbass whose negligence got me injured.

• Inwouodve sued him/made him pay for my bedical bills 😌

• So why didn't you? 💁

• Well, to be honest I didn't know the guy that well when I moved in. I was friends with his roommate who invited me to live with them. I could tell that he was kinda pathetic and it's not like he had a lot of money. Plus I was living with him. I kinda felt bad for him and honestly I didn't want to deal with the problems it could bring up. I didn't think there's be much money in it and he would have gotten fired from his security job for having two firearms accidents in a short period of time. Dude probably would have killed himself if we're being honest.

• I do recall my earliest memory being waking up one night drenched in sweat , convulsing , can't speak , can't move , the lights in the room came on and then everything faded to black.
    My parents told me it was an inner ear infection turned bad.
    I suppose that's the only time I've ever lost consciousness but since I don't remember anything before that , it's also the time I first gained consciousness.
    Funny how things work.

• Nope never actually fainted but I've been close to it, I got transferred from the standard class for my martial arts to the advanced sessions restricted to adults and advanced students of green belt or higher, everyone was either brown or black belt so. And good lord my sensei worked us hard to the point were I was literally seeing stars, I had to get down on one knee and rest otherwise I would have legitimately fainted.

• I can think of four times.

Stupid kids in elementary school we were in the bathroom having a contest to see who could turn their face the reddest. I won, but passed out.

Around 10 years old I was shoveling gravel into a wheel barrow to haul it away. It was a very hot day and I passed out.

I went to college at a very high elevation with low oxygen. I wasn't used to it yet. I was standing in line at the cafeteria and passed out.

Last time. Well, let's just say I used to be a heavy partier. There's something called a wall shotgun. I won't go into detail, but I hit the floor. Stupid shit we do when we are young. I'm lucky I survived those days.

• I have from epilepsy. But that was years ago. The biggest one was in 6th grade in the middle of class. Woke up in the school's nursing room. My classmates later told me what they saw.

• Yes, I have but only once so far and I was in school back then.

• I passed out for a few seconds due to heat exhaustion.

• I haven't fainted but I passed out in the shower a little over a year ago and busted my head open and had to get 8 staples. I don't know if that's the same thing or not.

• Yeah it is... Did you find out what caused you to faint? If anything your condition sounds worse 😮

• They don't have a clue. It's the first and only time I passed out. I finished showering and shut the water off and then next thing I know, I'm laying in the tub thinking when the freak did I lay down in the tub lol. Then I realized my head was throbbing. I got out and grabbed a towel and when I turned around towards the tub, there was blood everywhere. It looked like a murder scene lol.

• I fainted at a festival because of the blazing sun.

One minute I was packing up a tent, the next I was convulsing on the ground, it felt like waking up, I could just feel my body shaking, then I opened my eyes and people were looking down at me.

Glad you're okay :)

• I came close to fainting twice and both were because of dehydration. I had to go to the hospital for after one of them.

• yeah i have passed out when a buddyof mine put me in a rear naked chock during practice and i forgot to tap :)

• Does passing out from anaesthetic before an OP count? XD

• lol no that's suppose to happen 👌

• yeah i know but other than that it never happened. i feel like i could have passed out in the gym once (if i work out without having eaten before that day, i get dizzy/nauseous) but i just stopped the workout and went home.

• Only for you

• never in my life.

but i got knocked the fuck out once

• No. Though I once farted.

• Everytime i see you

• So in other words you had a near death moment? I'm too scared of dying to faint lol our skulls are weak and the ground doesn't give so i don't get how people don't die as often from fainting. :O

• Yes and no... I've had a closer near death experience than that

• No I have not just light headed and saw stars but never fell or passed out

• Fainted? No
    Passed out? Nah, never...
    www.pmslweb.com/.../24-passed-out-drunk-meme.jpg

• I passed out once, but it was because I was given anesthetic for a surgery. Oh well 🙃

• Can't say that I have.

• I have never fainted, but have made 2 girls pass out. :)

• When I was really drunk one time I passed out and didn't wake up till like 11AM

• Almost yesterday morning... but it was from embarrassment lol

• Nahh

What Girls Said 26

• Yes , about twice. I sometimes feel dizzy and faint when my period is too heavy.

It's about three years since I've fainted though. The first time was when i was out shopping with my friends. The second time was when i was out for a meal , at a restaurant.

• Yes I have. Similar situation too. I was in a nightclub and it was super hot. I remember my vision getting all fuzzy and feeling so hot. I told my sister that I had to go to the bathroom. Then I remember putting my head down at the bar and then waking up without my glasses. My sister was panicking. I had no idea what happened. It's like my body shuts down when it gets too hot. It's happened a few times, but I've only fainted once. It's scary because I can feel my body shutting down but I can't really alert anyone. My sister always knows because she knows what to look for. She tells me that I get super pale and my eyes get empty.

• No, that never happened to me.
    But once, I was standing up at the bus, it was hot and I started to feel weak. Then I started to see everything in blue and I got dizzy, I thought I was going to pass out. My sister, told me to seat down and I got better.
    If I didn't, I probably would faint.

• Yeah a lot! Last time was October 2015, I have a broken pinky finger now!
    Back in HS a couple of times because I ate so little, like around 300 kcal a day (eating disorder) annnd when I was 11 I used to have panic attacks.

• Yes, I have fainted... in the shower of all places. I'm not sure how long I was out, though. No one else was home, and I'm kind of glad no one saw me like that anyway.

• I a, too considering you were okay but if you weren't as lucky having company possibly could've saved your life.

• thats scary.

when my friends used to play the pass out game, they would forget to catch each other sometimes and they just fall flat on their head, wake up moments later in pain.

hope you don't faint again, and if you do, hope you land safely.

• @BertMacklinFBI Yeah, it was a scary feeling the minute or two before it happened and right after I woke up. Thankfully, the only damage done was a bruise on my left cheek that I could cover up with make-up.

• Parachute? YAY! (: Are they good in person?

• Well never fainted ever. I always had a feeling that I get really hot and stress and I feel so dizzy and than I worry and I feel sick. That I have to lay down a bit. But never truly fainted.

• Yeah they really were... I enjoyed it although I was kind ticked off considering they decided not to play their #1 song 😒

But besides that yeah the band is great and Will for the most part is true to his voice he still sings a, azimgly but I've noticed they deepen his voice in the videos

• aww... Will is alright haha!

• I can't even count how many times and the waking up part never gets any less scary..
    Most of the time it was due to hypotension/bradycardia and anemia, which were (probably) both caused by anorexia nervosa..

• yep, I have. I was overseas and when I went back home the altitude really affected me, I rested for a few hours and then I wanted to go outside for a bit, i did and i just started feeling really bad because of the lack of oxygen, i was really dizzy and then i just fainted. I was living in Bolivia at that time and was in a city that is about 3000 m above sea level, so yeah, its awful when u go back

• Multiple times. I have low blood pressure and sometimes I just see stars and black out when I get up too fast

• Yes I have fainted a couple of times. Actually just last week I fainted in the sauna as I was getting my towel. I was carried by my mom and a few other women.

• I fainted in the food court of a mall once while waiting in line for my pizza. We'd been out shopping all day and I hadn't eaten in a long time and I just fainted... in front of everyone... in the food court... at lunch time... on a busy Saturday. It was so embarrassing. My mom stole a stranger's smoothie to give to me. I've come close a few other times after piercings or getting my blood drawn but that was the only time I actually hit the floor.

• Fainted from a crappy heart mixed with a panic attack apparently.. Don't really remember

• Nope but I want to! Sounds fun lol!

• I fainted in my house
    It was an awful experience

• No I have never fainted, but I have come close to it before

• Yes, it was because I don't eat enough and it was too hot

• I came close. I had surgery and a few days later I went to the store. I almost fainted in the store but luckily I didn't. They made me sit down until it passed though.

• Never have.

• I have never fainted but I have been knocked unconscious.

• I have never fainted.. yet

• Nope never have

• I've never fainted but sometimes I do feel like I will faint if I don't eat any sugar for like a week

• I have three times from epilepsy.

• Not yet.

• Yea I slammed my thumb on the car door I fainted for like 4 seconds and got back up lol

• Blacked out the two time i gave blood.
    Blacked out on the way out of the dentists office after getting my wisdom teeth removed.
    Black out whilst talking to my neighbor.