Should I get this game?

i want to by tesident evil 6 for ps4. I've never played it before and it looks like fun. but i wonder if i would understand the story if i haven't played any of the previous titles. i have played resident evil revelations 2, and i did understand that. i did some research already and i now know all about Albert Wesker, Chris Redfield and the uroboros virus..
so do you think I'd understand the story?

What Girls Said 1

• i haven't the foggiest; I've never played any Resident Evils lol I've heard great things about em tho! id buy it. worst case you sell it on eBay lol

What Guys Said 2

• i have it, its a fun game. i haven't beaten it yet, but its cool because once you play the full game you can unlock some things that unlimited ammo and play through the game again on harder modes and really have fun with it lol.

the story seemed decent to me.

• That's a great game <3
    And Wesker's son is on it lol And yeah it would stand alone without knowing the rest of the story.