Do you like female link?

Do you like female link?

They made this for hyrule warriors and I HATE it! This is not how I picture a female link at all! The voice acting is horrific shit! Only way i would play this character, is so I can make her die over and over and over. SHE IS NOT THE HERO OF TIME, GOD DAMN IT! I WILL NEVER EXCEPT THIS SHIT! *rages more about it*

• Love the idea!
  • Hate it!

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really, I'd prefer to keep it the regular Link.
    I mean I understand how people change characters for fandoms/fanfictions but I don't like the idea of changing the original character in a game. And Link is one of many off limits characters xD

What Guys Said 22

• I have no qualms at all about playing as a female hero.
    I refuse to even touch a product where they take a traditionally male hero and "re-imagine" them as a female hero. It is lazy and pandering to the worst of people.
    If they want a Zelda game with a female hero, why not another game that puts Zelda, herself, into that role?

• I find it annoying its like blacksploitation but with women. Link is male keep it that way. If you want a female character make a female character don't hijack a preexisting character and claim diversity because you gender swaped them thats just lazy.

• She looks cute but it looks like she stole her weapons and boots and hood from the demon hunter in diablo.

orig07.deviantart.net/.../..._hunqwert-d78s44k.jpg

• So after all this time Link chases Zelda's tail, they're gonna make him a girl? *FACEFUCKINGPALM*

• Gender bending is all the rage these days.
    It's messing up people's childhood but hey , new generation new narrative right?
    Not like the older series is gonna go away.

• i like her crossbows

• I think she's a cute looking character,(while ignoring the fact that she's supposed to be a female Link), but that's about it. I've never seen anything about Hyrule Warriors aside from what this wannabe looks like, and don't plan to see any more of it. And is she really duel wielding crossbows? wth?
    Anyway, nothing can compare to the true Link!

• O god they really need to stop with this bullshit, there does not need to be a female link and there does not need to be a female thor or any of this other crap, leave the heros alone.

• She looks like a strumpet dressed up just to seduce..
    With 2 trigger bows but to accuracy in shooting

• I like it, and her voice doesn't sound that bad, and she's dual weilding crossbows

• That's a good point about weapons. Real gamers know you only use one crossbow with two hands for power and aim!

• I don't like it, either, and people will probably hate it. There is already Shiek if you want a female hero in the Zelda universe. I remember playing Zelda on N64 and immediately suspecting it was Zelda. It was pretty obvious (to me).

• I love rule number 63! Well, when it doesn't coincide with number 34, anyway.

• It is funny that the original thread poster hates this! Ha ha, I like it. It does kind of play on stereotypes, sex appeal, and fantasy though. (I don't bother playing videos and lost all sound, so can't listen to that part.)

• sure, looks cool!

• It's a stupid idea.

• Stinks of SJW "sexual appropriation" to me.

• What is that?

• Girls always starting drama over other girls...

• not bad but looks too young like a 12 year old girl
    I WANT A WOMEN LOL

• She should be called Linquette :P

• Where's the male Zelda then? Prince Zeldo?

• Love it.

What Girls Said 12

• Ok, so, I'm not the sharpest knife in the block, but... when I had the original Zelda on the 8-bit Nintendo, I played all the way through the first quest, and halfway through the second quest, before I realized that Link was not a girl, and that his name was not "Zelda".

Yep.

That's right, I even managed to perpetuate that whole misapprehension through all those reunited-with-Princess-Zelda scenes that happen when you finish the first quest.
    Managed to get through ALL THAT... still thinking that ol' greenie was a girl, named Zelda.

No one's ever really loved me for mah mind...
    <3

• I started with the second Link/Zelda game. For me, the confusion was simply the names, link and zelda not really being common, and when they call it Zelda II and you play as link, well, you get the idea. Not impossible to figure or make sense of though.

• To be fair, Link in the game isn't the hero of time either:

Link in Ocarina of Time = The Hero of Time
    Link in the Wind Waker = The Hero of Winds
    Link in Twilight Princess = The Hero of Twilight
    Link in Hyrule Warriors = Not these Links, so not the hero of time, winds or twilight. The voice acting is just a woman making Link's battle noises. As for the character herself- she's her own character, with the inspiration being 'what if Link was a girl?'. She herself is not female Link.

• I'm neutral to it. It's a cute idea and the voice acting is decent, but on the other hand I would assume the female equivalent to Link should look a little less cutesy and more badass.

• Aww she kinda cute!

• Link is so androgynous to begin with, it's pointless.

• She is not female Link, she is a girl named Linkle. She looks like Link, but they aren't related.

• She sounds like someone from a show I used to watch a whole ago (wind club) so for the voice acting, your totally correct.

Yeah, she stinks -_-

Why can't they just make an ORIGINAL girl character? I'd rather none at all then that

• Oh okay. That is why I avoid abbreviations and acronyms, to avoid misunderstandings. What I mean is that an original character would not really need to be based on others. Deep down, we all might base our things on our experiences though, so can't say it is possible to be original or completely new. Does that make sense? (Upon reading this again, I realize that girl above might mean something different than what I said when referring to an original, yet also girl character. I tend to generalize and don't want to change her words.)

• @Psi_Unknown that makes sense, its a good point, although I tjink it should be a little less obvious its based off of link lol

• Maybe it's my age showing but I have no idea what this is about. lol!

• Correct me if I wrong, but I think this is about changing times! How link used to be very different existing abstractly in two spatial dimensions, then three, now as female/girl.

• Design wise, she's cute. This is from a pure unbias point of view though, I've never played a Zelda game growing up. Was more of a sonic/mario/pokemon person.

• its cool

• She's soo cute😍😍😍

• looks good but I don't know the male link

give me the link, anyone? XD